KilometerMagazine.com - Recent Blogs Posts - Blogs
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Chapter 6 – “Simplify, then add lightness”

by , 12-26-2015 at 12:11 AM (Building a Corrado "RS")
      Colin Chapman, founder of Lotus Cars, and purveyor of all things simple and lightweight. No need for me to extoll his virtues; hundreds of Internet goers have already done so with an in-depth Wikipedia page. If you remember, I touched upon my preference for simplicity in my last entry.

The interesting thing about Mr. Chapman’s statement about adding power, versus subtracting weight, is that while building the Corrado RS in this direction, I never experienced the fruits of my labor ...
      Tags: 17, rs Add / Edit Tags
      Categories
      Uncategorized
    2. TT Blog - Post 6 - Life Happens While You Are Busy Making Plans

In December of 2011 I was pushing some things around the garage when I noticed a cardboard box was starting to get weak on the bottom. Oh no! This whole tower of crap is going to land right on the TT and scratch the paint! The balancing act continued for what seemed an eternity - about 3 seconds - before the top box fell right onto the hood of the car. I pushed the rest of the stack the other way and used the re-bound inertia to bring myself back to the box on the car - afraid to drag it across ...
      Tags: 17 Add / Edit Tags
      Categories
      Uncategorized
    3. 2012 North American International Auto Show Audi Photo Gallery Added

We've just uploaded a comprehensive collection of photos from the 2012 North American International Auto Show. The mix includes the Audi Q3 Vail design study, the new updated Audi RS 5, S4, A4 allroad, A8 3.0 TFSI, A3 e-tron, R8 GT Spyder and more.

See them all via THIS LINK.
    4. Find of the Day: Own Your Own R8 LMS. Phoenix Racing Offers 2011-Spec Cars for Sale.

Yes the R8 GRAND-AM is now testing in the USA and if, like us, you're insanely jealous of Ian Baas and the boys at APR who'll be able to race the thing this summer then perhaps you should turn your attention to Team Phoenix. Turns out the German team is selling off two of their R8s from the 2011 racing season (chassis ...
    5. Audi Q6 Still on Track Says Walter de'Silva, Head of Design for Volkswagen Group

It's not like we were questioning whether the upcoming Audi Q6 had been dropped from Audi's development plans, but confirmation of the car by the Volkswagen Group's design boss are worth a mention and they come from Automotive News Europe via Autoblog.

If you've been keeping track, Audi will now be in charge of initial development of large (longitudinal engine fitment) ...
    6. Spied: Audi A3 3-Door Cold-Weather Testing

As winter sets in to the northern hemisphere, Audi's team of engineers and fleet of future product mules have headed north to the barren areas of remote Sweden. So too have spy photographers and the latest set of shots to come in from our spy photog sources show that the 3-door Audi A3 is still very much in the cycle of cold weather testing.

Company sources ...
    7. NPR Assesses Audi's Growth, Names Justin Timberlake, Interviews Audi CMO Scott Keogh

National Public Radio (NPR) published a story this week highlighting the unrivaled growth by Audi in the luxury car market over the last few years. Fans of the brand or simply those curious will want to take note, because this relatively short piece touches on a number of facets about the brand and makes a few key points. Siting celebrity ...
    8. Audi Design Team Reveals Trimaran Boat Student Design Project with Dual V12 TDI hybrid Drive

The boat you see here doesn't exist, at least not yet... but the design is certainly intriguing. Brainchild of German design student Stefanie Behringer, this catamaran-ish boat with its R8 design cues and dual wave runners on each flank was hatched under guidance by Audi's concept design team in Munich.

9. Audi quattro Rally Concept Model Shown in Paris

Perhaps not surprisingly, the Audi quattro Concept shown in Paris seems to have been the star of the show. With a longitudinally mounted version of the 5-cylinder turbo FSI engine from the Audi TT in a lightened and shortened A5/S5 derived chassis, the car certainly struck a cord in many who saw it there or lusted over photos online. Even more interesting then is this design model shown tucked away ...
    10. 2010 24 Hours of Le Mans: Friday Audi Sport Press Conference Photo Gallery Added

We've just added photos from Audi Sport and our own original shots from the Friday Audi Sport Press Conference at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Check them out in our Le Mans photo gallery below.

Full Story
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast