KilometerMagazine.com - Sale: 02M Steel Billet Flywheels, Sachs & Clutchnet Clutch Kits, Free Ground Lower 48
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
      Vehicles
      VW, Jetta GLI, 2005
      04-18-2017 11:40 PM #176
      Quote Originally Posted by FourSeasonTuning.com View Post
      Thank you for your question and I can surely answer that.

Anytime you do a clutch job it is wise to inspect and replace as needed the various seals in the area you are working in. Reason being, is that a worn seal is easy to replace when the trans is out. If you don't replace the seal, you may experience a failure sometime after, in which case you will have the added expense of the labor to remove the trans.
      For piece of mind and cheap insurance, people replace these items at this time.

The item on the left is the rear main seal, late model VWs are using a teflon sean which is now integrated into the aluminum housing. Earlier VWs had a similar aluminum housing, but the seal was the replaceable affordable part. VW has since made obsolete the older style and forcing customers to pay for the late model higher priced part.
      We can offer our customers the option of one piece teflon, or the 3 piece older style (spring seal).

The 3 piece uses a fiber gasket, to mate to the block, the seal is replaceable.
      In your Bentley manual, you'll read about the different seals and why VW chose them.
      Keep in mind that a teflon seal needs time to set-up after installation, whereas the older spring seal does not. The choice is your and that is why we offer both.

Now the part on the right is the input shaft seal on the trans.

First I would like to thank Fourseasons for providing great information!! I was going to order a clutch through you guys but I'm about to go with Urotuning because they have the Spec Stage 2+ I decided I want to go with. I'm going to match it with the 20lb Steel Spec single mass Flywheel. Also, they seem to provide good support like you guys and mentioned they could get this kit sent out very soon.

I did a lot of research and this seems like the best clutch for my needs. I'm at about 280hp now and might potentially do a bottom end build and eventually hit 350hp since my turbo is good for those #'s.

I also bought a new hydraulic line from USPmotorsports for 6 speed transmissions.

While looking around for other parts I should refresh I noticed this post. I'm going to go ahead and order this to go with my new Spec clutch.

I take it this 02M Install Kit will work fine with my Spec Stage 2+ correct? I would like to confirm prior to ordering. It sounds like it would be a good idea to replace this. Thanks for any additional info!

2. Forum Sponsor FourSeasonTuning.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC , 92 Audi S4
      04-21-2017 04:12 PM #177
      We are always happy to help out anyone with their projects/jobs. And yes the install kit will work.
      :: www.FourSeasonTuning.com
      :: United Motorsport-Wossner-Supertech-Clutchnet-DXD/SBC-Koni-Stoptech-Racingline-Hawk-Peloquin-TT-Sachs-Brembo-Samco-Much More...
      :: VW / Audi Performance and Oem Parts Source and Service Center ::714-997-5842 M-F 10:30-6:30 PST

3. Forum Sponsor FourSeasonTuning.com's Avatar
      Vehicles
      92 Corrado SLC , 92 Audi S4
      Yesterday 01:22 PM #178
      :: www.FourSeasonTuning.com
      :: United Motorsport-Wossner-Supertech-Clutchnet-DXD/SBC-Koni-Stoptech-Racingline-Hawk-Peloquin-TT-Sachs-Brembo-Samco-Much More...
      :: VW / Audi Performance and Oem Parts Source and Service Center ::714-997-5842 M-F 10:30-6:30 PST

For advertising information click HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678