KilometerMagazine.com - What did you do to your Fox today?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221
    Results 5,501 to 5,514 of 5514
      Vehicles
      1990 Fox Wagon, 2003 Jetta Wagon
      03-05-2017 12:47 PM #5501
      Quote Originally Posted by mike in SC View Post
      Drove the wagon around the block, signed up for another autox tomorrow.

It's going to be fun.
      Did you make it to the autox?
      Were you running with a new sportier alignment?

What did you think?

Vehicles
      1990 Fox Wagon, 2003 Jetta Wagon
      03-05-2017 12:53 PM #5502
      Terribly grainy photo of test fitting of a 14.1 pound power sports battery.

Fired right up.

Vehicles
      2013 5.0 F-150 1966 MGB 1988 VW Fox Wagon
      03-06-2017 08:25 PM #5503
      I WAS JUST thinking of using a smaller battery today. What kind of battery are you using?
      (sheriff)Early, I though you said this was a drug possum.
      (Early) Sure, I drug him from the ditch.
      (sheriff) I wish you told me that before you sold him to me.

Vehicles
      03-07-2017 08:50 PM #5504
      Quote Originally Posted by voxwagen88 View Post
      Did you make it to the autox?
      Were you running with a new sportier alignment?

What did you think?

Yea, I did make it. I didn't go with the full sport alignment, but was much better than stock figures. I felt like the car was relying less on the outside of the tire and more on the overall width of the tire. The steering simply felt more planted with less natural understeer. The wagon is more neutral than my old 2005 civic Si hatchback, though I would like the stiffness of the chassis from the Honda in the Fox

My times began around 56 seconds and I worked it down to 51.2 seconds in four runs. No prisoners. Beat a few miatas too!

I pulled the 034 motor mounts out today. Too much noise. I have some hearing loss and the noise wasn't good. I'm going to put them in the classifieds because I won't use them. I put in the E30 mounts and stock trans mount back in their places.
      Last edited by mike in SC; 03-07-2017 at 09:01 PM.

5. 03-15-2017 04:50 PM #5505
      This wasn't all done today, but over the last couple of months. This is on my '89 Fox GL sedan.

Bought the Foxy Fiona a few months ago, and noticed some things what needed repairing. So, since then, shifter's been as rebuilt as it can be (still needing the lower shifter bushings, which I can't seem to find); all 4 wheel bearings have been replaced, along with stub axles in the rear and wheel hubs up front; the FPR has been replaced with a newer-used part, along with 'sealing up' the fuel lines (not sure exactly what that means, as I don't tend to mess with fuel system stuff, so I had a shop take care of all that); water pump and timing belt are new; and a rear passenger-side brake job.

Still having some serious rumble when driving, so I had a buddy come out to take a look at it, and it turns out I need new shocks and control arms. Or, at least new bushings all around. Joy.

So, I thought I'd go ahead and look into lowering this little beast, as the stance should match the Borla TT exhaust the previous owner put on her! Thing is, I'm getting confused with what will work, and what won't. As these repairs aren't in-dire-need (yet), I figured I'd do some research and see what you lovely folks have had success with, and what you haven't. I'm definitely looking for "as little modification as possible" here, and not looking to do anything too extreme with regards to lowering her, or stiffening her up. I might take her autocrossing now and again, but she's gotta be a mostly-comfortable daily-driver for a while, too.

Other plans include body work, as she's still in good shape, but there are a few little rumples and crumples around, and she's gonna be in need of new paint sooner or later. Or maybe a vinyl wrap, if I can find one that's actually quality and won't need replacement in two years. (If any of you have gone this route, I'd love to hear about your experiences!) I'm also wanting to eventually replace the cam to the Euro Caddy M-Grind one from Techtronics, again unless one or many of you have input on a way to get as much more low-end power with as little modification as possible! And lastly, I think I want to finish out the exhaust, as the one installed was cat-back only, and getting the more open gaskets and better flow of the Audi collector pipes in there would be nice.

And I'll do some more searching, and maybe even post a separate thread just for this discussion (assuming I ever get the ability to even view my own account page, much less make a new thread - passive aggressive request for the masters of this forum to please respond to my emailings done!). Just thought I'd pick the brains of anyone who still hits up this decently-active thread, should they desire to lay me down some knowledge!

Anyway, thanks for reading, and I look forward to hanging out here, learning what I can, and seeing all the crazy sh*t you folks get up to!

Vehicles
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe, Hyundai Elantra GT Daily
      03-26-2017 10:05 PM #5506
      I missed it. I need to get back into older waterpumpers.

Also hi guys, miss you bunch too.
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Vehicles
      1990 VW Fox, 1998 Chevy S10 Ext. Cab, 2002 Chevy Silverado
      04-02-2017 11:26 PM #5507
      It was a nice day so my son and I washed and stripped the old wax off and applied a new coat of wax to the Fox. He wants the car, so I told him he needs to learn to car for it.
      She almost looks like new again!

Vehicles
      1991 Fox, 2001 GTI
      04-10-2017 07:47 PM #5508
      Quote Originally Posted by vw90fox View Post
      It was a nice day so my son and I washed and stripped the old wax off and applied a new coat of wax to the Fox. He wants the car, so I told him he needs to learn to car for it.

Looking good.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      04-10-2017 10:20 PM #5509
      @islandvdub
      Thanks islandvdub for the comments! The Fox has been a great teaching tool for my son in mechanics. Not that my Fox has had major issues, just worn out parts. Being that it has well over 500,000 miles on it. Thanks again!

Vehicles
      1989 Fox Wolfsburg, 1990 Fox Coupe GTI
      04-11-2017 03:23 AM #5510
      Quote Originally Posted by vw90fox View Post

Your car always looks so good. How does it not look Texas sun baked? 500,000 miles is a lot of time outside even if garaged otherwise.

Vehicles
      04-11-2017 07:26 AM #5511
      @bluetoes591

Thanks bluetoes591! Yes Texas heat can really take a toll on your paint and interior which means you really need to take care of things or else it will go bad within about 5 years if you let it go. I always used Meguiar's products on it. When I bought it brand new one of the guys at the dealership recommended it. So I stuck with it and I wax the car 3 to 4 times a year. I clay bar it as well. I never used the automatic car wash or wax from he car wash facilities. It has worked for me so far.

12. 04-11-2017 04:17 PM #5512
      My friend, Sean and I tuned it up and getting it ready for smog and registration.

***ORIGINAL OWNER*** ...............1985 TOYOTA Corolla GT-S, Hatchback, Brilliant Silver, Zenki "Hachi Roku" TRUENO

Vehicles
      04-17-2017 09:04 PM #5513
      I haven't checked in our corner of the internet in awhile. I hope everyone is well.

I refueled the fox for the first time in two months, yeilding 21MPG. All city driving. I also put on the summer tires too, and a quick spin around the neighborhood.
      It's still a fun, communicative car to drive after 15 years.

Vehicles
      1989 Fox Wolfsburg, 1990 Fox Coupe GTI
      04-20-2017 01:57 AM #5514
      New wheels and tires.

But wait, those look just like my old wheels...

But the new ones are ET35 and the old ones are ET45. Also the new ones are Old Silver whereas the old ones were Zermatt Silver. I may be a Ronal R8 nerd.

Anyway, they fill the wheel arches quite a bit better so I am pleased.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 221 of 221 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221