Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Vehicles
      '02 TT 225Q
      05-04-2012 04:35 AM #1
      Hey guys, I changed my battery last night and I noticed that now when I turn on my car, my boost gauge does not turn on. I have to actually turn on the headlights for the gauge to turn on. This is not how it was before I changed the battery. Prior to the battery change, when I would turn on the car the boost gauge would turn on with the white lighting (daytime mode), then when I would turn on the headlights, the gauge would switch to the red lights (nighttime mode). Now it remains off until I turn on the lights and it goes into white lighting only.

The only thing that has changed is the battery and its an s5 bosch battery replacing an old vw stock/oem. Although now with the new battery I finally found out that the buttons up top around the map lights are illuminated red, never seen that till today!

Any ideas guys? Ive been trying to figure out why this would happen and I just cant figure it out.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      mk2vr6 swap / 05 touareg V8
      05-04-2012 09:19 AM #2
      burned out bulb or LED which ever is inside the gauge.

Vehicles
      '02 TT 225Q
      05-04-2012 12:57 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by truman77 View Post
      burned out bulb or LED which ever is inside the gauge.
      Oops, I forgot to mention, the gauge goes through its opening sweep ceremony which includes day and night lighting. So I know its not the bulb.

Im just stumped, I took a look at the wiring and everything is in its proper place as its always been.