Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Bbs re775

Vehicles
      05 GLI
      05-04-2012 06:15 AM #1
      I'm planning on picking a set of BBS RE775's up in a few days and was curious if anyone knew if you can get the factory aluminum hub centric rings still?

My problem is the factory center bore is 82mm and the factory hub centric ring is 57.1mm which would be perfect, if they were 5x100 but they are 5x112.. I have a set of adapters that will take care of the lug issue but the hubs on the adapters are 72.56mm.. So Im going to try and run the adapters with a hub centric ring thats 72.56mm-82mm. I would normally wait and buy more adapters and go from 5x100 57.1mm to 5x112 82mm or even 57.1mm to match the factory hub centric ring..

So my options are:
      Run Lug Centric(not a fan, but cars have run lug centric for years.. But probably not on adapters)

Have custom hub centric rings made(time is of the essence)

OR take the hub centric rings out of the wheels and have them milled to 72.56 to match the adapter, which would probably be a pain in the ass to do plus there original to the wheels..

If I wasnt in such a time crunch I would play the waiting game and do it right but as of right now Im pushing to run these wheels on my car to SoWo 2012 which is 14 days away..

I know opinions will be cast so no need to ask for them

Thanks in advance
      __________________________________________________ __Follow Me @ Kuncle_________________________________________
      __________________________________________________ ______The Chive__________________________________________________ __

Vehicles
      dark red girl car, cop car.
      05-31-2012 08:35 PM #2
      ordered 2 sets from these guys. they are plastic, but they still work great.

http://www.justforwheels.com/index.j...sub=searchsize
      Flickr l the internet sucks. l it's all about the e-fame. l buy my wheels.