Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

1. 11-01-2002 01:41 PM #1
      The post of the rear door locks made me think about mine...

Does anyone experience their door lock plungers sticking? Meaning, when I go to lock all the doors (via key remote, or lock button from inside), one of my plungers does not lock and stays up.

This results in the door remaining unlocked.

This is especially annoying when I park, get out, shut the door, hit the lock on my remote and the alarm arms, but the driver door stays unlocked.

Is there an easy fix to get the lock working more reliably?

----

2001.5 Indigo/Beige cloth V6-5spd

[Modified by VWtoLuv, 10:05 AM 11-1-2002]

Vehicles
      2000 Passat 1.8t 5spd
      11-01-2002 01:55 PM #2
      I am having the same problem with my 2000 right now. I have to look back at the car everytime I set the alarm. Sometimes drivers lock will not go down. Try using the key, mine wont set the alarm via key, nor will it roll up or down the windows.
      2000 Passat 1.8t 5spd. Black/Black Leather. Original owner, purchased 12/09
      365,000 miles as of 4/1/2013

3. 11-01-2002 02:04 PM #3
      I would like to avoid using the key (that's what I'm doing now).

What's tougher is I get out and open the door for my date on the passenger side, only to shut the door, lock, and have to run back around to the driver side to lock the car correctly.

That about nullifies any compliment I receive on the car (hehehe).

I'm hoping I can just lube up so part to make it work, because it seem fairly sporadic (but becoming more and more consistent).

Vehicles
      2000 Passat 1.8t 5spd
      11-01-2002 02:28 PM #4
      Mine will usually work the second time if I lock the doors and drivers stays up, I unlock all and relock. I believe there is a switch in the door that is probably at fault. I dont have time right now to tear it apart, and I have 1000.00 bill coming up at the dealer for Timing Belt and 100k checkup, so its at the bottom of my list right now. Funny thing, the alarm light in drivers door doesnt light either. I know the alarm works as I have tested by locking myself in car with remote then opening door.

Hope it wont be too expensive.

Dennis

2000 Passat 1.8t 5spd. Black/Black Leather. Original owner, purchased 12/09
      365,000 miles as of 4/1/2013