Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3601 of 3601 FirstFirst ... 2601310135013551359135973598359936003601
    Results 90,001 to 90,012 of 90012
      Vehicles
      #fakerich Honda
      Yesterday 10:57 PM #90001
      Quote Originally Posted by OrdinaryGirl View Post
      Still hesitating on the government job. I'm a ****ing coward.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
      Most people don't like change. What is giving you pause?

I've literally never heard you say a single positive thing about your current job, and have even seen you question your career choice because of it. I can't imagine sticking with a job that made me feel like that.
      Last edited by pwm; Yesterday at 11:03 PM.

Vehicles
      Big Banana Car
      Yesterday 11:02 PM #90002
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      GTFOOH.

Almost getting struck by lightning is like almost winning the lottery jackpot.
      Either it happens or it don't.
      There ain't no almost to it.
      Close enough only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and government work.

I know that feeling. Paralysis by analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
      What is giving you pause?

I've literally never heard you say a single positive thing about your current job, and have even seen you question your career choice because of it. I can't imagine sticking with a job that made me feel like that.
      I think it's a position with a department that deals with pensioners and town is just pensioners.
      4/29/17: Dear Diary, Today I got Nater'd...

Vehicles
      #fakerich Honda
      Yesterday 11:10 PM #90003
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post

I think it's a position with a department that deals with pensioners and town is just pensioners.
      I didn't mean it to sound harsh or judge-y if that's how it came across. I've had a job I hated. It made me quasi depressed every morning and moody as hell, so I sympathize. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It's hard to judge from her past posts whether she legitimately hates the job, or is just stressed from time to time and vents here.

If it's a town government job I'd be less inclined to make the jump.

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
      Yesterday 11:12 PM #90004
      Most people don't like change. What is giving you pause?

I feel like I'm giving up on the thing I thought was my dream, again. If I could just work harder, I could make it work.

But you're absolutely right - I've lost my mojo working at this place. It's destroyed my faith in people doing this job, and it's destroyed my confidence. No matter how on top of things I think I am, something always falls through the cracks and I've never considered myself a negligent employee.

I also don't have a written offer because my security clearance is held up in red tape, so the fact that I only have a verbal offer is terrifying. I need to make up my mind, though, or they're going to find someone else.
      If I were a supermarket lobster, I wouldn't wish for anything less than nuclear Armageddon.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      Yesterday 11:17 PM #90005
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      So this is the positive result of my near-death winter...

Well that's a trip. 425 lbs ➡️ 250 lbs. I really need a Miata, I need to find a cheap one that I can work on and fix up for a weekend toy.
      Nice man, I'm proud of you.

I've been 245-75 for 20 years now. Regardless of how much I exercise or attempt to not drink and splurge. It sucks but I can't give up, my son is too much fun. And I damn sure don't want a recumbent bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      As a general rule, I don't advise losing this much weight in just 4 months. Induced coma is notreat. It put me in a wheelchair, and took a month of rehab to walk again.

All those complications behind us now, I'm just going to enjoy the results.
      that positivity, I love it 😍

Quote Originally Posted by GoHomePossum View Post
      You people get really sensitive about your Ariana Grande don't you
      Sometimes you are a heartless and soulless bastard. If it gets bad enough to where one of us calls you out (I would never) it's time to shut the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by NWarty View Post
      Don't care. It's warm outside

#unfollowed

I had a dream about you the other night. You and your old man picked my old lady and I. I grabbed some Phish tapes, hopped in the back of your van and we cruised. We dr ve up Door County and went to all of my favorite county and state parks up there. We hiked and biked and hunted for morels and ramps and wild asparagus. Then we went the drivein theater, but I can't remember what we went to.

Kinda weird, because you didn't have dogs with you.
      Last edited by patrikman; Yesterday at 11:21 PM.
      initiative comes to thems that wait

Support Your Local Homebrewery

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
      Yesterday 11:19 PM #90006
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      Close enough only counts in horseshoes, hand grenades, and government work.

I know that feeling. Paralysis by analysis.

I didn't mean it to sound harsh or judge-y if that's how it came across. I've had a job I hated. It made me quasi depressed every morning and moody as hell, so I sympathize. I couldn't get out of there fast enough. It's hard to judge from her past posts whether she legitimately hates the job, or is just stressed from time to time and vents here.

If it's a town government job I'd be less inclined to make the jump.
      It's a federal government job, in the pension department. Once you're in, you can transfer anywhere else you can get into.

I like the *work* I currently do. The work work, like the financial stuff and the income taxes - I worked in finance for 7 years before this and as hard as I tried to learn nothing at that job, it's come in super handy doing tax returns. I am also the receptionist at this place, and I have reached a point where I am going to be rude with a client without meaning to be, because I can't get everything else done. Because I have to wear 27 hats and I actually can't handle it.

I legitimately hate the job. I don't hate the work, I hate the job. And I don't know how to get out of the front desk. I've asked several times, but I can't do the higher level analytical work they need and it breaks my heart that I'd have to take a clerk job just to get something better.

I'm afraid of starting over, again.
      If I were a supermarket lobster, I wouldn't wish for anything less than nuclear Armageddon.

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
      Yesterday 11:32 PM #90007
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Nice man, I'm proud of you.

I've been 245-75 for 20 years now. Regardless of how much I exercise or attempt to not drink and splurge. It sucks but I can't give up, my son is too much fun. And I damn sure don't want a recumbent bike.

that positivity, I love it 😍

Sometimes you are a heartless and soulless bastard. If it gets bad enough to where one of us calls you out (I would never) it's time to shut the **** up.

#unfollowed

I had a dream about you the other night. You and your old man picked my old lady and I. I grabbed some Phish tapes, hopped in the back of your van and we cruised. We dr ve up Door County and went to all of my favorite county and state parks up there. We hiked and biked and hunted for morels and ramps and wild asparagus. Then we went the drivein theater, but I can't remember what we went to.

Kinda weird, because you didn't have dogs with you.
      That honestly put a smile on my face, even without the dogs. Sometimes they stay home, totally plausible.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      Yesterday 11:59 PM #90008
      That honestly put a smile on my face, even without the dogs. Sometimes they stay home, totally plausible.

Sorry to be creepy, but it's nice to have a different perspective here sometimes. All of the #vanlife folks in my life have moved on to the real world or to "sic" greener pastures. They sometimes look back st me, why do I not live the #vanlife? It hurts me to say, but I have to tell them it's not fun, it's not easy, and it's not cheap. My aircooled aspirations are expensive and fast and dangerous. They involve terrible mileage and tire abuse, and more than 60hp of fury downhill.

Most importantly? I love my hood. I have a little guy, this house is barely big enough for the three of us. His school is two blocks away, and it's the best damn school in town at any price. Just happens to be public, and that's why we live here. I've got ten years befor he needs a car, hopefully it doesn't need a radiator and airbags.
      Last edited by patrikman; Today at 12:05 AM.

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
      Today 01:04 AM #90009
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Sorry to be creepy, but it's nice to have a different perspective here sometimes. All of the #vanlife folks in my life have moved on to the real world or to "sic" greener pastures. They sometimes look back st me, why do I not live the #vanlife? It hurts me to say, but I have to tell them it's not fun, it's not easy, and it's not cheap. My aircooled aspirations are expensive and fast and dangerous. They involve terrible mileage and tire abuse, and more than 60hp of fury downhill.

Most importantly? I love my hood. I have a little guy, this house is barely big enough for the three of us. His school is two blocks away, and it's the best damn school in town at any price. Just happens to be public, and that's why we live here. I've got ten years befor he needs a car, hopefully it doesn't need a radiator and airbags.
      Not creepy at all. We were definitely the weirdos in the Volkswagens this weekend when we went camping. My little brother even showed up in his lowered vr mk2. Several miles down a gravel logging road, with a diesel vanagon and a 66 panel with a realllllly tired 1600. It's a different lifestyle than I ever thought I'd enjoy for sure.

All about that vanlife. It took that poor old 1600 almost 7 hours to do a 5 hour drive.

We still got invited to the pig roast the rest of the campground was having though, so we couldn't have been that obnoxious.

Vehicles
      981 CS | E39 M5
      Today 01:18 AM #90010
      One of the senior guys is having his retirement party tomorrow and I printed this out for him as a gift. He plays guitar and has one of the original Ryan guitars (probably worth around $30k I bet). He's a machinist so I hope he enjoys the mechanical nature of this shot.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      Today 01:45 AM #90011
      Ok so yeah.....literally any Belgian Style Imperial Stout is awesome. It's literally blowjob and pizza territory.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      Today 01:51 AM #90012
      It's not that bad. Perhaps there is hope for you people.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 3601 of 3601 FirstFirst ... 2601310135013551359135973598359936003601