Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3360 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast
      Vehicles
      Fahrenheit GLI, '57 Ford Thunderbird
      07-17-2013 10:09 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by vwbrvr6 View Post
      This is a cleverly disguised rant thread.
      Shhhhhhhh! We don't speak of such things.
      Fahrenheit GLI #800~6-speed

07-17-2013 10:30 AM #52
      Trying to get into my work garage this morning. We have the little RFID thingy in the windshield to make the gate/door go up when you pull near it. Dude in front of me pulls up to it, but not close enough for the RFID to register.

And just sat there.

After 3 minutes and traffic stacking up behind me, I start honking at him. He just sat there.

Honk again, as I want to try to educate him how this thing works. He throws it in park.

Great.

He's not mad, but gets out clearly not knowing what to do. I tell him that he needs to move forward for it to work. He gets back in his car and (I'm not kidding) pulls 2 inches forward. Gate/door doesn't open.

I proceeded to find somewhere else to park for the day.

Vehicles
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe, Hyundai Elantra GT Daily
      07-17-2013 11:22 AM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by vwbrvr6 View Post
      This is a cleverly disguised rant thread.
      Quote Originally Posted by It's Big Ty View Post
      Shhhhhhhh! We don't speak of such things.
      What's the first rule of rant thread?

Sent from the future via Google Skynet
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      07-17-2013 03:40 PM #54
      In banning, his name is John Lee Pettimore.
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Igor Natan Segala...that beautiful bastard. I made out with him one time behind a Red Lobster in Mookala, Wisconsin - on a bet. Little did he know that the simple kiss and $7.48 would lead to life-changing consequences. That was before the war, before this all happened. (stares out over the nuclear wasteland)
      Support Your Local Homebrewery

Vehicles
      MmmmK 6 R
      07-17-2013 03:57 PM #55
      Yeah Illinois sucks to drive in for the most part. Get me by the Mississippi and its a little prettier but Iowa people scare me.

My stomach hurts from a Chicken Gyro, if I wanted the stomach ache I would've gone for the real Gyro meat.
      Quote Originally Posted by Assle View Post
      There are some very fit pisser smashers in the industry. I'm not sure if she's a pisser smasher per se, though. She might just enjoy bumper-to-bumper traffic. A kissing fish, if you will.

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      07-17-2013 08:21 PM #56
      This Rolling Stone outrage is as dumb and shallow as I think it is, right? I feel like people are mad because he's handsome. America is dumb sometimes.

7. Member
      07-17-2013 08:23 PM #57
      Why can't I enjoy a couple drinks without getting drunk, and avoid that "early hangover" feeling? Sometimes its hard just to find any kind of middle ground.
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      'You gotta fast car'

Vehicles
      Old/German/Broken
      07-17-2013 08:53 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      This Rolling Stone outrage is as dumb and shallow as I think it is, right? I feel like people are mad because he's handsome. America is dumb sometimes.
      I've been meaning to talk about this but really don't want to derail the thread. Bring it up next time you're in chat. Id enjoy talking to someone reasonable about it.

Observation:

Sure I just had a great workout. Sure I'm doing better everyday, but why do I get the jimmy legs and dry heaves when I really push myself? Granted its probably 80° in my studio apt on the 6th floor of an old ass building, but my god I feel like I've got the DTs sometimes. It's too hot and I went too hard.
      Graphic & Web Design, Photography, Branding, Typography - www.darkenergydesign.net

9. Member
      07-17-2013 09:10 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post

Observation:

Sure I just had a great workout. Sure I'm doing better everyday, but why do I get the jimmy legs and dry heaves when I really push myself?
      If you haven't experienced it already, leg day provides one with plenty of concern as to how he/she will traverse declines in a sidewalk and walking down stairs. Its quite comical when I struggle in such a way.
      'You gotta fast car'

Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      07-17-2013 09:12 PM #60
      I've been meaning to talk about this but really don't want to derail the thread. Bring it up next time you're in chat. Id enjoy talking to someone reasonable about it.

Observation:

Sure I just had a great workout. Sure I'm doing better everyday, but why do I get the jimmy legs and dry heaves when I really push myself? Granted its probably 80° in my studio apt on the 6th floor of an old ass building, but my god I feel like I've got the DTs sometimes. It's too hot and I went too hard.
      Would you like a glass of water?
      Quote Originally Posted by Elbows View Post
      Igor Natan Segala...that beautiful bastard. I made out with him one time behind a Red Lobster in Mookala, Wisconsin - on a bet. Little did he know that the simple kiss and $7.48 would lead to life-changing consequences. That was before the war, before this all happened. (stares out over the nuclear wasteland)
      Support Your Local Homebrewery

Vehicles
      07-17-2013 09:24 PM #61

Observation:

I have no idea, but I'm going to say this anyway: "Pain is just weakness leaving the body."

/high school football coach

12. 07-17-2013 10:27 PM #62
      Ok, so I was totally against 'skinny jeans' until recently, when I realized I was aging myself by continuing to parade around in baggy pants I finally bit the bullet, threw a bunch of baggy Lucky brand jeans in a bag for the Salvation Army, and went clothes shopping.

I ended up trying on a bunch of jeans, and stumbled upon 'Seven boot cut jeans';Hot damn they fit nice! So, I bought several pairs, and headed to 'Express men', and Banana Republic; where I grabbed some nice tailored fit shirts

Now here I am wearing tight jeans, and tailored shirts; all the while feeling ten years younger

Now if it wasn't for these damned grey hairs in my beard

End CSB/
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

Vehicles
      2013 GTI
      07-17-2013 10:41 PM #63
      It is. The article is pretty good, people are just overreacting like usual.
      It isn't whether a government can represent its people that is the best measure of its effectiveness. Rather, it's whether a government is designed to leave its people alone.

Vehicles
      1997 328ic
      07-17-2013 11:22 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod Ratio View Post
      Ok, so I was totally against 'skinny jeans' until recently, when I realized I was aging myself by continuing to parade around in baggy pants I finally bit the bullet, threw a bunch of baggy Lucky brand jeans in a bag for the Salvation Army, and went clothes shopping.

I ended up trying on a bunch of jeans, and stumbled upon 'Seven boot cut jeans';Hot damn they fit nice!
      My thighs are too big for skinny jeans, so I never had any interest in them, but I went to levis one day and tried the "tapered" jeans that are loose up top and get slimmer as they go down, and they were great

/CSB

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2
      Quote Originally Posted by AKrett View Post
      A vortex superstar in the mk4 forum is prob equivalent to winning gold in the special Olympics.
      Quote Originally Posted by screwloose45 View Post
      Welcome to vwvortex, where you spend years and all of your money trying to be the epitome of what everyone thinks is cool...only to be **** on, all over, as you miss the mark by inches

Vehicles
      '11 GTI,
      07-17-2013 11:46 PM #65
      In light of a recent current event, I realized that in my neighborhood that I have lived in for 15 years now, I drive past two streets on my way to my house, and I haven't a clue what their names are. I don't know the name of the street my brother has lived on for 5 years, and I go there every week, and the same with my sisters house too. I do not know the phone number of my place of work, If I lost my cell phone I wouldn't be able to call in sick, and I don't know the address either.

I am however a pretty smart guy.
      It go down in the DM

Vehicles
      1932 Prolecrusher Imperiale, 2076 Voss Nose Molestahedron 88
      07-18-2013 12:27 AM #66
      The ice machines outside the labs at work have stickers that say "Not for consumption", but I put some in my root beer and it's alright.
      Look, Octopius, it is my website! | 遠慮せずに食べてください。| 🐒

Vehicles
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe, Hyundai Elantra GT Daily
      07-18-2013 07:18 AM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Monkeys View Post
      The ice machines outside the labs at work have stickers that say "Not for consumption", but I put some in my root beer and it's alright.
      It's all fun and games until you grow a third arm...
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Vehicles
      07-18-2013 10:15 AM #68
      YOLO.

07-18-2013 10:35 AM #69

that's just the man trying to keep you down. i mean, that's the same label they put on bath salts. and bath salts are awesome for consumption.

Vehicles
      MmmmK 6 R
      07-18-2013 10:39 AM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by roadtripper View Post
      that's just the man trying to keep you down. i mean, that's the same label they put on bath salts. and bath salts are awesome for consumption.
      I was at some fancy lotion/perfume place with my wife over the weekend and they had bath salts so I went all into my "mode" and started freaking out with excitement and itching my neck while asking the cashier how much they were and how strong they were. Embarrassing the lady on a daily basis
      Quote Originally Posted by Assle View Post
      There are some very fit pisser smashers in the industry. I'm not sure if she's a pisser smasher per se, though. She might just enjoy bumper-to-bumper traffic. A kissing fish, if you will.

Vehicles
      07-18-2013 11:21 AM #71
      YOLO.
      As the last and best Kentucky Colonel, I am immortal.

07-18-2013 11:41 AM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      . . . started freaking out with excitement and itching my neck while asking the cashier how much they were and how strong they were. Embarrassing the lady on a daily basis
      sweet, sweet bliss.

Vehicles
      '11 GTI,
      07-18-2013 05:33 PM #73
      Snoop dogg, now Snoop lion, should have changed his name to Snoop Wolf, because a lion is actually a cat. Snoop Lion just doesn't make sense to me.
      It go down in the DM

Vehicles
      DD: Big & Black O: A4 | Uncertified Preowned: Explorer, Sportage, xB, Golf GL
      07-18-2013 05:49 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by dj age one View Post
      here, its loony tunes.

every fat chick has loony tunes shirt and ****ing spandex, and a sticker on there car that says "princess" or "hottie" neither of which are true.
      they could be "princesses"- the one no one would marry because they're nasssstayyyy.

there are two types of sh*tty drivers.

Type A: The ones who are sh*tty at pretty much everything they do. They usually bomb around in a crappy Geo Metro or neglected MKIII Jetta, or a wanna-be drift car. They cut people off, don't signal, on/off gas inconsistently, fly through parking lots, etc. Usually found wandering the parking lots of 7-11 at midnight or the local "Sav-On" beverage place that sells 40s.

Type F: The ones who drive really nice cars, like the $100,000 MB SUV, or any number of luxury cars and/or SUVs. They ignore the concept of left lane to pass, speed limits are not to be exceeded (as opposed to being the minimum limit), don't keep in their lanes when turning, signal the wrong way, drive 2 miles with the blinker on before they finally change lanes, ignore "Yield" signs and end up driving 10mphs under the speed limit. Usually found clogging up the entrance of Costco because they think they'll find a spot up front.
      Professional Thread Derailer | I have mixed drinks about feelings | I said 'good day'!
      Default post options: So, it has come to this. | If you think so. | Not that there's anything wrong with that. | That's what she said. | WTF.
      //// @mbull //// instagram ////

Vehicles
      07-18-2013 10:18 PM #75
      There's what I was talking about. It's not "not safe for consumption", it's actually "not for human consumption", so it's probably fine. If dogs can eat it then we can. I think they just don't want students making ice cream and old fashioneds or whatever. Of course I say this as somebody who eats food that seagulls have touched.

Last edited by Juniper Monkeys; 07-18-2013 at 10:21 PM.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 3 of 3360 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast