KilometerMagazine.com - The Offikial Random Observations and CSB Thread
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

04-21-2017 04:49 PM #83726
      I am totally beered out. Booze sounds good, but it's too early for booze. I am unable to drink responsibly.

Vehicles
      Murica
      04-21-2017 04:49 PM #83727
      I think I'm going to pick up a six pack of New Belgium Trippel. Some 8.5% beer would do me good.
      Instagram - efrie004

3. A beautiful Summer's Eve Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      8 Nozzles and 16 Valves
      04-21-2017 04:52 PM #83728
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladecatcher View Post
      I am totally beered out. Booze sounds good, but it's too early for booze. I am unable to drink responsibly.
      I just drink expensive scotch. I'm a cheap bastard, but by buying expensive scotch I don't want to drink a lot of it at once.

Now cheap scotch? See you tomorrow.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      Brendan told me to get the best discount, I had to send dick pics. I thought this was standard car buying practice.
      Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
      Brendan and his all knowing heavy breathing baboon are correct.

Vehicles
      #fakerich Honda
      04-21-2017 04:52 PM #83729
      Quote Originally Posted by MCTB View Post
      None.
      I like that stuff a lot. It's like 80% of Lagavulin for 60% of the price. It's a good one when I don't want over the top peat.

5. I love The Backstreet Boys. Holla! leitloaf's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '15 Fiesta ST; '16 GTI
      04-21-2017 04:53 PM #83730
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      It's still early, so I'm on Angry Orchard. Later I might be moving to a Silver City special or Anderson Valley Bourbon Barrel Stout.
      Let me know how the Anderson Valley is. I've skipped it many times at the store but I love a good bourbon barrel stout. Haven't been drinking too much lately either.

Vehicles
      '12 Focus SE, '15 Outback Limited
      04-21-2017 04:55 PM #83731
      Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
      I like that stuff a lot. It's like 80% of Lagavulin for 60% of the price. It's a good one when I don't want over the top peat.
      You, you I like

Vehicles
      Big Banana Car
      04-21-2017 04:59 PM #83732
      Quote Originally Posted by NWarty View Post
      JNM can put his nose in the air and make it rain himselfs on a more authentic/actual Belgian, but it is pretty damn good for the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mild Taco Sauce View Post
      Yeah, keep an eye on those tires. I have only had one set of Kumhos and I wasn't a huge fan, very noisy.
      I think I am meeting the Mrs. for happy hour at a local Belgian themed brewpub. They have some really good stuff there, especially the garlic pomme frites.
      Well, I had only had my RE740s on my RCs for around 7500 miles before bending two to the point of needing repair so I picked up Ariettas and a tire with a taller sidewall for an easier commute on crap roads. For $85/each installed, they seemed to be the best-rated for the price. Noise isn't too bad, but still under 5k miles on them. I'm really happy with them for the price though; great in wet weather and the greasy 'first rain in a long time' conditions and are pretty good in the dry for an all-season. The guy I've known at the shop just hit 6k miles on his Pirelli P-Zero All Season Plus and I'm going to see how he likes them as the miles add up.

Mmmmm frites. Oddly enough, Mimi's Cafe did a limited run of steak and frites and they were damn good.

04-21-2017 05:01 PM #83733
      5 o'clock and the seal is broken. Gonna be an interesting evening.

Hopefully, come tomorrow I'm posting pics of a red roadster in that thread where people post things that they bought.

Happy weekend, my virtual peeps.

Vehicles
      DD: Big & Black O: A4 | Uncertified Preowned: Explorer, Sportage, xB, Golf GL
      04-21-2017 05:06 PM #83734
      Let me know how the Anderson Valley is. I've skipped it many times at the store but I love a good bourbon barrel stout. Haven't been drinking too much lately either.
      It's delicious. Costco has it, so I always grab a bunch.

I've been watching Jimmy Fallon's Box of Lies.
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Or some other government-sponsored illegal wiretapping app
      I find your answer vague and unconvincing.
      @mbull | instagram

Vehicles
      Focus RS
      04-21-2017 05:11 PM #83735
      Saw this terrible parking job.

(It's me. I'm afraid of hitting the front spoiler thingy on the crub but thought I was closer.)

Vehicles
      Murica
      04-21-2017 05:24 PM #83736
      Why you make me turn my head sideways?
      Instagram - efrie004

Vehicles
      Dodge, Toyota, VW, Ford
      04-21-2017 05:26 PM #83737
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Neck snapping?
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

13. I hibernate. Just like the Turtles! GoHomePossum's Avatar
      Vehicles
      '14 GMC Sierra, '88 Mitsubishi Jeep CJ3B
      04-21-2017 05:28 PM #83738
      What is on the beer menu this evening for everyone?
      I have to finish my Coronas
      I now have an InstaGram: emmettlodge

Vehicles
      Focus RS
      04-21-2017 05:30 PM #83739
      It's properly oriented on my phone. Perhaps your eyes suffer from karaoke.

Vehicles
      Murica
      04-21-2017 05:33 PM #83740
      Rabbit have you been watching the Legends tourney? The course they're playing at is only an hour from me, we go to Branson quite a bit to play golf - the courses are awesome for this area.

http://www.topoftherock.com/top-of-t...k-golf-course/

Driving Range

The entire place is immaculate.

Then there's Branson Hills, which is a Payne Stewart course

Instagram - efrie004

Vehicles
      I used to drive a Rabbit5GTI or something. May also own a NATO Sand Jeep.
      04-21-2017 05:34 PM #83741
      Bruh
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

17. A beautiful Summer's Eve Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Vehicles
      8 Nozzles and 16 Valves
      04-21-2017 05:35 PM #83742
      Quote Originally Posted by toadham View Post
      Saw this terrible parking job.

(It's me. I'm afraid of hitting the front spoiler thingy on the crub but thought I was closer.)
      Thanks for the taco neck.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      Brendan told me to get the best discount, I had to send dick pics. I thought this was standard car buying practice.
      Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
      Brendan and his all knowing heavy breathing baboon are correct.

Vehicles
      DD: Big & Black O: A4 | Uncertified Preowned: Explorer, Sportage, xB, Golf GL
      04-21-2017 05:35 PM #83743
      Quote Originally Posted by Bladecatcher View Post
      Two weeks ago that was me. I was sick, and had a sore throat. So I started with some Coke & Tennessee Honey. After running out of Coke, just straight TH. I started the night with a 750ml bottle filled to the bottom of the neck (where the bottle goes out to be square). It's still in my freezer, with maybe 2oz left- at the most.
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Or some other government-sponsored illegal wiretapping app
      I find your answer vague and unconvincing.
      @mbull | instagram

Vehicles
      04-21-2017 05:37 PM #83744
      Weird.

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Vehicles
      92 XJ Cherokee 03 Mini Cooper
      04-21-2017 05:39 PM #83745
      Driving Range
      Wow, that is a nice range. I used to bartend here for a while.

http://www.millcreek.cc/hole-tour
      »

@bigglzworth

Vehicles
      Murica
      04-21-2017 05:42 PM #83746
      Quote Originally Posted by PizzaCat! View Post
      Bruh
      And then there's this: http://www.golfcourseindustry.com/ar...ods-big-cedar/

Bass Pro Shops founder Johnny Morris has announced a collaborative partnership with 79-time PGA TOUR winner Tiger Woods and the Payne Stewart family that includes plans to create the first public access golf courses designed by TGR Design, a world-class championship golf course and a family friendly short course at Big Cedar Lodge.

The partnership grew from a vision to connect more people to nature by growing the game of golf and outdoor recreation with premier golf, angling and shooting experiences unlike anywhere else in the world. Beyond the championship course, the expansive partnership includes plans for a future Woods-designed par-3 “short course” on Big Cedar property.

Scheduled to open in 2019 and named in honor of the late Payne Stewart, the new “Payne’s Valley” course will be the first completed fully public-access course in the world designed by TGR Design. Being built to showcase the region’s natural beauty, the championship course will feature an dramatic 19th hole, “The Rock,” that can be used to settle unfinished wagers. The hole was envisioned by nature-loving Morris, and is set in one of the most dramatic geological features imaginable. The challenging but player-friendly walkable course will have an unforgettable finish where golfers will traverse through a breathtaking natural cavern system to return to the clubhouse after completing the 19th hole.

“I couldn’t be more proud to partner with Johnny Morris to debut my first public-access courses at Big Cedar Lodge,” Woods said. “Johnny’s incredible passion for connecting people of all ages and walks of life to nature is truly inspiring. Together we’re tremendously excited to create a publicly accessible world-class golf experience in the center of America.”

The friendship between the noted conservationist and championship golfer began on the water 20 years ago. “Shortly after Tiger won his first Masters Tournament in 1997, Tiger actually ended up buying one of our Bass Tracker fishing boats,” Morris said. “My son and I had the opportunity to deliver his boat and spend the day bass fishing with him… you really get to know a person when you’re able to spend quiet time on the water fishing together. My boy and I were both very impressed by how down to earth and engaging Tiger was, and by how much he loved to fish.”

“When we contemplated building another golf course at Big Cedar last year, my son John and I visited Tiger’s new Bluejack National course in Texas and we were both blown away,” Morris added. “It is a truly breathtakingly beautiful place very reminiscent of Augusta National. After spending more time with Tiger and his team, it became apparent to us that Tiger is extremely dedicated to applying his worldly knowledge of golf to develop great courses. His aim is to design and build only a select number of courses that are of extraordinarily high standards, with an emphasis on width and playabilitiy creating a fun and enjoyable experience for all. We quickly became excited about Tiger’s design philosophies and the three of us began to dream together about creating a world-class golf course in our stunning Ozark surroundings. We are very proud to align with Tiger to create an unforgettable golf experience that players of all abilities will be able to enjoy again and again.”

The “Payne’s Valley” Course will honor the legacy of the late Payne Stewart, a friend of both Morris and Woods as well as an Ozarks native who won 11 PGA Tour events, including three major championships. Stewart and his father Bill Stewart were instrumental in helping to establish golf in the region and nationally. To further honor Stewart’s legacy, Morris, with the help of Bill Coore and Ben Crenshaw, is also creating The Payne Stewart Learning Facility, an extraordinary practice facility that will contain a tribute museum displaying Stewart’s personal trophies, scorecards, apparel, equipment, photos and more.

A driving force in the vision behind the partnership with Morris, Woods and the Stewart family in expanding golf amenities is a desire to help families – and especially youth – spend time enjoying nature and the outdoors. In conjunction with the new course, Morris will open a local chapter of The First Tee, a nonprofit youth development organization that provides educational programs to build character, instill values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf. The new chapter will include ongoing youth programming at the course to ensure kids of all ages and skill levels have the opportunity to develop their golf skills while enjoying the outdoors.

Payne’s Valley will be located adjacent to a 13-hole short course designed by golf legend Gary Player (opening in 2017) and “Ozarks National,” an 18-hole championship course designed by Coore and Crenshaw (debuting in 2018). The courses will join Big Cedar Lodge’s existing golf offerings: the nine-hole par-3 course designed by Jack Nicklaus, Top of the Rock, a 16-hole practice facility by the late Arnold Palmer, a 6,000-square-foot Tom Watson “Himalayan” putting complex and the 18-hole Buffalo Ridge course designed by Tom Fazio.
      There is a lot of golf around here. Lots of tourism and lots of old folks living here that like to golf. I'm excited about this new Tiger Woods course, should be interesting.
      Instagram - efrie004

Vehicles
      04-21-2017 05:46 PM #83747
      And then there's this: http://www.golfcourseindustry.com/ar...ods-big-cedar/

There is a lot of golf around here. Lots of tourism and lots of old folks living here that like to golf. I'm excited about this new Tiger Woods course, should be interesting.
      Damn, that's really cool.

NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Vehicles
      1984 VW Rabbit 1.6D 1998 BMW R1200C 2007 Chevy Tahoe
      04-21-2017 05:59 PM #83748
      Seems that maybe Aaron Hernandez was having a bit too much fun in prison.

Hernandez notes to fiancée, daughter and gay prison LOVER

http://dailym.ai/2p2DFpE

Vehicles
      Murica
      04-21-2017 06:01 PM #83749
      I really love my 4k monitor at work.

Really love it. So I ordered another. Dual 32" 4k monitors FTW.
      Instagram - efrie004

Vehicles
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      04-21-2017 06:13 PM #83750
      I really love my 4k monitor at work.

Really love it. So I ordered another. Dual 32" 4k monitors FTW.
      I have a 27-inch 5K iMac at work - if you put it up to 5120x2880 everything is too small to read comfortably. But you can run it at a lower res like 2560x1440 or 3200x1800 and it will use pixel doubling to make it look like you're reading paper. InDesign is amazing on one because you can have a two-page spread up and read all the tiny print.

The rest of the computer is meh and way too expensive for what it is, and it is slow as hell despite having an i5 and 16 GB. The HDD really bottlenecks it with all the security/encryption/management software we have to use. Next one will have a SSD.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

For advertising information click HERE

Page 3350 of 3857 FirstFirst ... 235028503250330033403346334733483349335033513352335333543360340034503850 ... LastLast