Forgot your password?

Page 4 of 3850 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast
    1. 40 Year Old Madonna Fan patrikman's Avatar
      Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      07-19-2013 03:43 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by Marshmallow Man View Post
      Embarrassing the lady on a daily basis
      It's no fun unless somebody is uncomfortable.
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      Why does a guy trying to shove a water bottle up his ass have anything to do with the Bay area and helping it sustain itsel.....wait nevermind.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

Vehicles
      1990 Jetta GTX, 1973 Beetle, 2000 Dykebus
      07-19-2013 04:24 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by pwm View Post
      I'm a transplant and I agree. For such a tiny place it really covers the entire spectrum. Ultrarich (Fancy) vs ulta poor (Hartford). Stamford vs the boonies. Yankess vs Red Sox. vwtool vs senor peligro.

I also ****ing hate this weather. I thought New England had similar weather to Canada, so I figured it'd be an easy adjustment. Not this humid 90 degree ****. /csb
      "Similar weather to Canada"

It's been 90+ for ten days in Ottawa

Vehicles
      MmmmK 6 R
      07-19-2013 10:22 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      It's no fun unless somebody is uncomfortable.
      It's great because shes super shy and introverted. I love the "awkwardness". If I can get that moment, my job is done.
      Quote Originally Posted by Assle View Post
      There are some very fit pisser smashers in the industry. I'm not sure if she's a pisser smasher per se, though. She might just enjoy bumper-to-bumper traffic. A kissing fish, if you will.

Vehicles
      2013 Kia Soul
      07-19-2013 11:54 AM #79
      I was at some fancy lotion/perfume place with my wife over the weekend and they had bath salts so I went all into my "mode" and started freaking out with excitement and itching my neck while asking the cashier how much they were and how strong they were. Embarrassing the lady on a daily basis
      At random, I'll wait for my wife to touch me in some manner in a store. I immediately throw myself down on the floor and cower, and say in a loud voice "WHY DID YOU HIT ME!?!? PLEASE NOT AGAIN, I THOUGHT WE WERE PAST THIS". It used to freak her out, now she plays along. The last time we did this routine at a Target their security followed us to the car, so we kept it up.

Vehicles
      1986 Legs and/or 2014 Blue Non-MANual European Turbo Hatch
      07-19-2013 12:31 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneJetta View Post
      "Similar weather to Canada"

It's been 90+ for ten days in Ottawa
      Not much of an issue when you're mostly muscle.

Vehicles
      981 CS | E39 M5
      07-19-2013 12:50 PM #81
      Most of the older folks I work with refuse to change their ways for more efficient ones.

Will my generation be just as stubborn in 25 years?

7. 07-19-2013 02:51 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Not much of an issue when you're mostly muscle.
      Truth

The heat doesn't bother me one bit
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

Vehicles
      '07 Rabbit; '13 Focus SE; '16 H-D Street 750
      07-19-2013 02:55 PM #83
      CSB: in 2007 or 2008 when spinal tap reunited, I met Christopher Guest and also ran his CC because he came in and bought some guitar pedals from the company I worked for. Probably one of the coolest moments of my life as a rock musician and comedy fan.

Vehicles
      MmmmK 6 R
      07-19-2013 03:08 PM #84
      ^ Nice!

Along those lines: 2000 Spring Break in Jamaica Kid Rock was staying at our Hotel. Hung out with his entourage a couple times. The drummer for his band, Stefanie Eulinberg, her Brother Byron (sp?) was Awesome. We threw down at some Jamaican clubs. Dem stripperz like white boyz
      Quote Originally Posted by Assle View Post
      There are some very fit pisser smashers in the industry. I'm not sure if she's a pisser smasher per se, though. She might just enjoy bumper-to-bumper traffic. A kissing fish, if you will.

Vehicles
      2013 GTI
      07-19-2013 08:32 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod Ratio View Post
      Truth

Maybe this is why the 110°-120° temps here in PHX really haven't been that bad at all. Or maybe its from growing up in the hot and humid DC area?
      Quote Originally Posted by butterface View Post
      It isn't whether a government can represent its people that is the best measure of its effectiveness. Rather, it's whether a government is designed to leave its people alone.

Vehicles
      '11 GTI,
      07-19-2013 08:51 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by Rod Ratio View Post
      Truth

Me neither, I love to get a good sweat on. I mow my own lawn and don't pay for a service to do it. CSB
      It go down in the DM

Vehicles
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe, Hyundai Elantra GT Daily
      07-19-2013 08:54 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by bluerabbit0886 View Post
      Maybe this is why the 110°-120° temps here in PHX really haven't been that bad at all. Or maybe its from growing up in the hot and humid DC area?
      PHX is dry heat. I would take a 120 PHX day over a 90 GVL day EVERY TIME.
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Vehicles
      2013 GTI
      07-19-2013 08:59 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by turbinepowered View Post
      PHX is dry heat. I would take a 120 PHX day over a 90 GVL day EVERY TIME.
      I would too. I keep trying to explain to people its really not that bad, but people would rather just whine about it
      It isn't whether a government can represent its people that is the best measure of its effectiveness. Rather, it's whether a government is designed to leave its people alone.

Vehicles
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe, Hyundai Elantra GT Daily
      07-19-2013 09:24 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by bluerabbit0886 View Post
      I would too. I keep trying to explain to people its really not that bad, but people would rather just whine about it
      Being able to sweat without realizing it because it actually evaporates is phenomenal.
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

Vehicles
      2013 GTI
      07-19-2013 09:29 PM #90
      Being able to sweat without realizing it because it actually evaporates is phenomenal.
      This!

16. 07-19-2013 09:30 PM #91
      True story'

Srs, though.. I truly dig the heat
      Quote Originally Posted by gdoggmoney View Post
      There's been too much butt sniffing before this dog fight.
      PagPartsTurbo www.speeding-g60.com INTEGRATEDengineering

17. 40 Year Old Madonna Fan patrikman's Avatar
      Vehicles
      EJ251, EJ255, EZ30D(R)
      07-20-2013 11:01 AM #92
      It's great because shes super shy and introverted. I love the "awkwardness". If I can get that moment, my job is done.
      My wife is a huge fan of the Kaiser Soze walk in the grocery store.
      Quote Originally Posted by Code Red! View Post
      Why does a guy trying to shove a water bottle up his ass have anything to do with the Bay area and helping it sustain itsel.....wait nevermind.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

The Rust Belt, but in the liberal elite area that didn't vote for Trumplethinskin.
      Vehicles
      2016 GLI, 2011 GTI, 2004 R32
      07-20-2013 05:31 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by bherman13 View Post
      Having spent 3 years as a CPhT, let me reassure you. We generally know whether you're there for legitimate reasons or for illegal reasons. The only ones that are hard to guess are those who don't use meth but are buying it for their friend/family who does use meth. Pharmacy Techs who discriminate against everyone do exist, but you would not believe the percentage of pseudoephedrine buyers that are meth-heads, especially in the meth-prone town. The town I worked in, the percentage was like 95% illegal, 5% legitimate.

I'm not excusing those who discriminate against everyone. I've purchased sudafed at a different pharmacy while I was a tech and I got treated like sh!t myself. But when techs talk about sudafed buyers who don't need it, they're not talking about you. You kinda have to just ignore it. Like blondes who are not dumb or ditzy enough to be eligible for blonde jokes. They can't help it, neither can you.
      That was interesting. I've often wondered if you can tell which customers are pill poppers ( vicodin and the like) and which ones need it legit.

Oh and my CSB: My wifes parents are close friends with Bob Dylan and his family. He just flew my inlaws in his G4 to Scotland to stay at his castle.
      Last edited by vwlifer27; 07-20-2013 at 05:33 PM.
      I survived the Bowling Green Massacre.

Vehicles
      65 Corvair 68 Dart 86 Golf 92 GTI 02 Vette 04 Neon 16 Silverado
      07-21-2013 01:45 PM #94
      Vswager doesn't seem to know how forums work, that's my random observation. Oh and another one.... vortex is broken if you're not using tapatalk.

Sent from my shoe phone
      Demokratikally Elekted Madame President of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by uber_beetle
      By paving every single square inch of the Earth's surface, we are sealing in the nutrients.

Vehicles
      1997 328ic
      07-21-2013 02:20 PM #95
      Observation: lots of new subforums an hour ago, now I don't have any of them.

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2
      Quote Originally Posted by AKrett View Post
      A vortex superstar in the mk4 forum is prob equivalent to winning gold in the special Olympics.
      Quote Originally Posted by screwloose45 View Post
      Welcome to vwvortex, where you spend years and all of your money trying to be the epitome of what everyone thinks is cool...only to be **** on, all over, as you miss the mark by inches

Vehicles
      1997 328ic
      07-21-2013 02:22 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlifer27 View Post
      Oh and my CSB: My wifes parents are close friends with Bob Dylan and his family. He just flew my inlaws in his G4 to Scotland to stay at his castle.
      CSB: Scotland is the most beautiful place I've ever been, and they have good summer weather when it's not raining (brisk but not cold). I'd love to live there one day.

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2
      Quote Originally Posted by AKrett View Post
      A vortex superstar in the mk4 forum is prob equivalent to winning gold in the special Olympics.
      Quote Originally Posted by screwloose45 View Post
      Welcome to vwvortex, where you spend years and all of your money trying to be the epitome of what everyone thinks is cool...only to be **** on, all over, as you miss the mark by inches

Vehicles
      981 CS | E39 M5
      07-21-2013 02:25 PM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by Greenspanator View Post
      Vswager doesn't seem to know how forums work, that's my random observation. Oh and another one.... vortex is broken if you're not using tapatalk.

Sent from my shoe phone
      Fixed now, looks like they made some changes like the new search box.

My observation: I seem to be the only who rolls through a drive-thru with just parking lights at night. The area is always well-lit so you don't need your headlights on, and turning them off is considerate for pedestrians who are walking towards you on their way inside and the driver in front of you if your headlights happen to be right in their rearview mirror.

To clarify: I'm not saying you're a douche if you don't turn off your headlights, although I would've appreciated not being blinded by the brodozer behind me the other night.

Vehicles
      65 Corvair 68 Dart 86 Golf 92 GTI 02 Vette 04 Neon 16 Silverado
      07-21-2013 09:12 PM #98
      Just heard the phrase "Drunky McDrunkertits" used on Bar Rescue, that made my whole night!

Sent from my shoe phone
      Demokratikally Elekted Madame President of the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by uber_beetle
      By paving every single square inch of the Earth's surface, we are sealing in the nutrients.

Vehicles
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      07-21-2013 09:16 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      Why do fat chicks like Tinkerbell so damned much? Whenever you see fatties in Disney swag, if it's not Minnie Mouse, it's freaking Tinkerbell. Anyone else notice this?
      More importantly why do they always have personalized license plates that make some reference to being cute or hot?
      iain

25. Member
      07-21-2013 09:50 PM #100
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      More importantly why do they always have personalized license plates that make some reference to being cute or hot?
      Can't knock their confidence. If only girls that actually look good would have said confidence and not be sluts then the world would be a better place.

Personally, I think that mentality deserves further explanation. You see, good looking girls obviously attract the opposite sex, maybe even the same sex. Same good looking girls will eventually come across a couple douche bags that will cheat on them and possibly damage their self esteem.

Enter the fat girl mentality. She may get laid from time to time, but rarely by someone who wishes to pursue a meaningful relationship. That being said, fat girl still gets laid but rarely gets dissed in such ways as the better looking girl. Therefore, in her twisted mind, she is hot. Gets the 'D', but rarely left for a better model. If no better model replaces her, she is therefore a self proclaimed hottie. Now I don't like it any better than most of you guys, but this can be stopped if dudes stop being douches to the good looking girls.

/whatever you want to call that
      'You gotta fast car'

For advertising information click HERE

Page 4 of 3850 FirstFirst 1234567814541045041004 ... LastLast