Forgot your password?

The Car Lounge
    Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109 LastLast
    Results 2,676 to 2,700 of 2705
      Vehicles
      2014 Fiesta ST, 2004 Accord EX, 2003 LS430
      04-19-2017 10:24 AM #2676
      Quote Originally Posted by saron81 View Post
      It'll be covered under the emissions warranty.
      Quote Originally Posted by DocWalt View Post
      +1

My dad's PCM died on his SE well beyond the 36k powertrain warranty and was replaced under the emissions warranty. They're legally required to replace emissions components... and the throttle is a pretty important piece
      Well, the service guy called back and said it's not covered, so.... guess I'll be doing it myself. They want $1000 for the repair Luckily I can find the part for about $150 new online.
      Quote Originally Posted by Dpaul04 View Post
      Dude, Im posting in TCL.. If I didn't know everything I wouldn't be here.
      Quote Originally Posted by Nubbin View Post
      Saying the P1 doesn't excite you because of hybrid is like saying you find Scarlett Johansson repulsive because she shares the same gender as Rosie O'Donnell.

Vehicles
      Fiesta ST, Flex
      04-19-2017 10:44 AM #2677
      Quote Originally Posted by shmi View Post
      well, the service guy called back and said it's not covered, so.... Guess i'll be doing it myself. They want $1000 for the repair Luckily i can find the part for about $150 new online.
      pm sent.

Vehicles
      04-19-2017 10:51 AM #2678
      Quote Originally Posted by saron81 View Post
      pm sent.
      Saying the P1 doesn't excite you because of hybrid is like saying you find Scarlett Johansson repulsive because she shares the same gender as Rosie O'Donnell.

Vehicles
      04-20-2017 11:39 AM #2679
      Well, Ford is still saying my car isn't covered for the throttle body. I took the car back last night since they finished the door latch recall and pressure tested the cooling system (it's fine) because they won't receive coolant level sensor recall parts until Q4 this year.

They wanted $1000 for the TB repair, but I got the OEM Bosch part from NAPA for $95, lol. While I'm unbolting the TB, I might as well throw on a Boomba throttle body spacer and intake manifold spacer (blue anodize to go with my blue car), so those have both been ordered as well, along with a short shift kit courtesy of Mild Taco Sauce, and a replacement air filter since it's been about 30,000 miles since I did that. Turning a negative into a positive I guess

Vehicles
      Fiesta ST, LS400
      04-20-2017 12:29 PM #2680
      Wow, I really didn't know there was that much of an increase with those spacers. I might consider buying them in the future. I have the Boomba short shift kit and it was a good quality piece.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2005 Acura TSX
      04-20-2017 12:33 PM #2681
      I have a really hard time believing those spacers are worth that much torque.

Vehicles
      FiST & Truck(s)
      04-20-2017 12:48 PM #2682
      2,500 miles in, and the car is still a hoot. However, I've been pondering something...

You see, I've never had a V8 RWD anything...and I'm wondering if that would be more fun. Something like an SS or a Challenger or something. I know the FiST is fun as hell, but is it more fun than a high-powered RWD car? People that have driven both...what's the difference in "fun?" I can have a hell of a lot of fun in the FiST, but I'm not sure if it's missing that pants-****ting fun quality that I could have with a V8. Do I even need that much power? Seems excessive...whereas the FiST is a lot more usable power.

RWD V8 overrated? I know it's a different kind of beast....I'm just curious. Also, the FiST is paid off....so that brings up the cool factor a bit.

Vehicles
      2013 Evo GSR, 2016 3 Series GT
      04-20-2017 01:09 PM #2683
      Quote Originally Posted by BSuk View Post
      2,500 miles in, and the car is still a hoot. However, I've been pondering something...

You see, I've never had a V8 RWD anything...and I'm wondering if that would be more fun. Something like an SS or a Challenger or something. I know the FiST is fun as hell, but is it more fun than a high-powered RWD car? People that have driven both...what's the difference in "fun?" I can have a hell of a lot of fun in the FiST, but I'm not sure if it's missing that pants-****ting fun quality that I could have with a V8. Do I even need that much power? Seems excessive...whereas the FiST is a lot more usable power.

RWD V8 overrated? I know it's a different kind of beast....I'm just curious. Also, the FiST is paid off....so that brings up the cool factor a bit.
      Good question.

IMO, how does the car handle is STILL the most important question.

Had a Mustang GT for ~2 years. Sound, HWY/high speed acceleration, look of the Mustang were awesome...but I grew tired of the heavy, ponderous handling.

So just ask yourself which you like more...power or handling. I'm hoping to split the difference with my next car...ATS-V or CTS V Sport.
      Current: 2013 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X (his), 2016 BMW 3 Series GT (hers)
      Past: 2008 Honda Civic Si (sold), 2012 Mustang GT (sold), 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII (sold), 2001 VW Golf 1.8T (sold)

9. Member
      Vehicles
      89 FJ62, 84 Carrera
      04-20-2017 02:18 PM #2684

Most all of my cars have been FWD or AWD and light and turbocharged, but I've got plenty of wheel time in fast RWD machines. You most certainly will s**t your pants mashing a heavy, powerful RWD sedan around a bend for the first (and thousandth) time, but that doesn't really appeal to me. I'm looking to sell my aircooled 911 to get back into a Fiesta. They are tractable and riotous, which is a rare and beautiful combination.

Acceleration is a fun feeling, but it's not very usable beyond having enough power to scoot past everyone else in merging situations. And a tuned FiST is more than enough for that. I remember begrudging my decked out STI because its lag + power meant that I was always breaking laws in order to find a moment where it actually started to feel 'fun.' Don't even get me started on all the V8 sport sedans my dad has owned over the years. It's amazing to jump in one and drive from Fort Worth to Dallas--you think you're going 50 and look down to see 100 on the speedo. They're so quiet and their reserves are so deep.

But I'll never forget the moment we were all at dinner when I still had the FiST and we traded keys for a minute. I jumped in his Macan and after mashing it from a stoplight once, I missed the hell out of the Fiesta. No question the Macan is a superior vehicle in absolutely every measurable and most intangible ways. But, as soon as I yo-yo-ed the go and stop pedals a few times, it basically felt like an extra-fast, extra-sporty, extra-nice Q5. And I love his Macan.

If you like deep reserves and on ramps, get a V8. If you like chuckin it at the nearest corner and laughing while going 30 mph, there's absolutely nothing better than the Fiesta. Of course it's buckin' nuclear bronco personality gets old. But it's also unrivaled by any other car currently or recently for sale.

10. Member
      Vehicles
      1980 911sc, 2014 Fiesta ST
      04-20-2017 02:22 PM #2685
      Quote Originally Posted by johntesi View Post
      I'm looking to sell my aircooled 911 to get back into a Fiesta. They are tractable and riotous, which is a rare and beautiful combination.
      Check my car bio
      Brad Beardow
      fifteen52

Vehicles
      04-20-2017 02:51 PM #2686
      Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      I have a really hard time believing those spacers are worth that much torque.
      I was a bit skeptical too. But there are similar dynos for the Focus ST spacers floating around, and I messaged a few people on the fiesta st forums who had done the install and they all seem to feel a bit of a bump, so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. Boomba also said they could share customer before/after dynos upon request. Worst case it doesn't do much, but it still adds ports for W/M injection down the line.

12. Member
      04-20-2017 02:59 PM #2687
      Most all of my cars have been FWD or AWD and light and turbocharged, but I've got plenty of wheel time in fast RWD machines. You most certainly will s**t your pants mashing a heavy, powerful RWD sedan around a bend for the first (and thousandth) time, but that doesn't really appeal to me. I'm looking to sell my aircooled 911 to get back into a Fiesta. They are tractable and riotous, which is a rare and beautiful combination.

Acceleration is a fun feeling, but it's not very usable beyond having enough power to scoot past everyone else in merging situations. And a tuned FiST is more than enough for that. I remember begrudging my decked out STI because its lag + power meant that I was always breaking laws in order to find a moment where it actually started to feel 'fun.' Don't even get me started on all the V8 sport sedans my dad has owned over the years. It's amazing to jump in one and drive from Fort Worth to Dallas--you think you're going 50 and look down to see 100 on the speedo. They're so quiet and their reserves are so deep.

But I'll never forget the moment we were all at dinner when I still had the FiST and we traded keys for a minute. I jumped in his Macan and after mashing it from a stoplight once, I missed the hell out of the Fiesta. No question the Macan is a superior vehicle in absolutely every measurable and most intangible ways. But, as soon as I yo-yo-ed the go and stop pedals a few times, it basically felt like an extra-fast, extra-sporty, extra-nice Q5. And I love his Macan.

If you like deep reserves and on ramps, get a V8. If you like chuckin it at the nearest corner and laughing while going 30 mph, there's absolutely nothing better than the Fiesta. Of course it's buckin' nuclear bronco personality gets old. But it's also unrivaled by any other car currently or recently for sale.
      This is probably the better explanation of their driving dynamics. Fortunately I have the best of both worlds, FiST and E39 M5. Hands down I can have a blast, all day, every day, wherever I go in the FiST. The Bimmer is obviously heavier and larger, but there is nothing compared to the sound of a high revving (at the time) V8 motor. But I can't thrash around town in the E39, I mean I could but it wouldn't be ideal, without burning lots of fuel and tires. Driving the FiST hard is less exhausting and less taxing compared to driving the V8 RWD. Sometimes I ask myself the same question; am I missing out on anything from a powerful RWD? I'm sure I am missing something, but I'd rather jump into an S2000/Miata first to learn the dynamics and proper techniques before ever driving a RWD with 350+hp.

Once the FiST is paid off though I will most likely look into trading both cars for something that can give me the same balance. At the moment I can't come to terms which car that would be and its pissing me off because there are so many options these days and my finances are limited.

Vehicles
      FiST & Truck(s)
      04-20-2017 03:11 PM #2688
      Quote Originally Posted by bombardi View Post
      Once the FiST is paid off though I will most likely look into trading both cars for something that can give me the same balance. At the moment I can't come to terms which car that would be and its pissing me off because there are so many options these days and my finances are limited.

What would be your candidates for the same kind of balance? ATS-V was already mentioned, I believe...An SS would handle pretty well, right? It also costs twice as much as the FiST...probably not twice as fun.

Vehicles
      '15 Fiesta ST; '16 GTI
      04-20-2017 03:15 PM #2689
      Quote Originally Posted by Shmi View Post
      Well, Ford is still saying my car isn't covered for the throttle body. I took the car back last night since they finished the door latch recall and pressure tested the cooling system (it's fine) because they won't receive coolant level sensor recall parts until Q4 this year.

They wanted $1000 for the TB repair, but I got the OEM Bosch part from NAPA for $95, lol. While I'm unbolting the TB, I might as well throw on a Boomba throttle body spacer and intake manifold spacer (blue anodize to go with my blue car), so those have both been ordered as well, along with a short shift kit courtesy of Mild Taco Sauce, and a replacement air filter since it's been about 30,000 miles since I did that. Turning a negative into a positive I guess
      Good luck, that sounds incredibly frustrating to deal with. That Boomba stuff is supposed to be pretty good and I think I almost ordered their short shifter but FSWERKS was semi-local so I got it quickly and saved on shipping costs. Speaking of which, I am still on track to send it out tomorrow. Do you need a pollen filter? I have a brand new one I didn't install, will throw in gratis if you could use it.

15. Member
      04-20-2017 03:54 PM #2690
      What would be your candidates for the same kind of balance? ATS-V was already mentioned, I believe...An SS would handle pretty well, right? It also costs twice as much as the FiST...probably not twice as fun.
      Yea ATS-V and SS are near the top. I've considered the Golf R, M2, 1M, C43 AMG coupe, E9x M3, Lexus IS-F/GS F-sport, Audi S4/S6 and the Giulia. I know these range between coupe and sedans but I'm currently single with no kids so I have some wiggle room to play with. That's really all I can think of at the moment, I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple of others, but my top three would be the Caddy, SS and M2. I would also love to own the new MX-5 or an S2000 but there is no way that could be my only vehicle.

16. Member
      Vehicles
      89 FJ62, 84 Carrera
      04-20-2017 03:56 PM #2691
      Quote Originally Posted by 1552 View Post
      Check my car bio
      Oh, I know! I've followed that duo here and on Instagram for a while (I'm @john_tesi on there). I wasn't terribly active in the online car community when I had the FiST, but hope to pick up another one soon and change that dramatically.

Love reading everyone's input here. I think the E39 M5 is so vaunted for a reason; even though it is a big, heavy, fast, RWD sedan, compared to its modern successors, it's downright lithe and revvy. I'd say it's just about the largest car I've driven that was still legitimately sporting. The later M5s, AMG equivalents, etc. are all astonishingly faster on paper and speedometer, but good luck attacking corners in the real world the same way they do in car magazines on closed courses.

Or: You can take the cloverleaf at 100 MPH with one hand while Tweeting and drinking your Unicorn Latte, but do you really want to?

FiST: You can take the cloverleaf at 45 mph and you'll be using both hands and both feet and your passenger will be screaming and it's awesome.

Vehicles
      04-20-2017 05:45 PM #2692
      Quote Originally Posted by Mild Taco Sauce View Post
      Good luck, that sounds incredibly frustrating to deal with. That Boomba stuff is supposed to be pretty good and I think I almost ordered their short shifter but FSWERKS was semi-local so I got it quickly and saved on shipping costs. Speaking of which, I am still on track to send it out tomorrow. Do you need a pollen filter? I have a brand new one I didn't install, will throw in gratis if you could use it.
      I'll post an update after I get the boomba and shifter stuff installed. And yeah I'll take that pollen filter! It's such a PITA to replace, but I'm going to need it eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by bombardi View Post
      This is probably the better explanation of their driving dynamics. Fortunately I have the best of both worlds, FiST and E39 M5. Hands down I can have a blast, all day, every day, wherever I go in the FiST. The Bimmer is obviously heavier and larger, but there is nothing compared to the sound of a high revving (at the time) V8 motor. But I can't thrash around town in the E39, I mean I could but it wouldn't be ideal, without burning lots of fuel and tires. Driving the FiST hard is less exhausting and less taxing compared to driving the V8 RWD. Sometimes I ask myself the same question; am I missing out on anything from a powerful RWD? I'm sure I am missing something, but I'd rather jump into an S2000/Miata first to learn the dynamics and proper techniques before ever driving a RWD with 350+hp.

Sounds like I'm in sort of the same boat, though my LS430 is nowhere near as sporting as your M5. Still, it's nice to be able to hop into a V8 sedan and soak up road trip miles in comfort and quiet. But, I face the same issue when thinking of a replacement for both cars. Similarly, the Chevy SS is near the top of the list, though I keep thinking maybe I'd tip the scale in favor of fun factor a bit more and go for a Camaro SS, but I can never make my mind up. Every time I think of getting rid of the FiST for something more sensible or well-rounded I start to realize how much I'd miss having a car so dedicated to fun, and end up nixing the SS or the SS

Oh well, I guess I'll hang on to the ST for a few more years and see what's what then. I just have a feeling it's going to be around for a while.
      Last edited by Shmi; 04-20-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Vehicles
      '15 Fiesta ST; '16 GTI
      04-20-2017 06:06 PM #2693
      Quote Originally Posted by Shmi View Post
      I'll post an update after I get the boomba and shifter stuff installed. And yeah I'll take that pollen filter! It's such a PITA to replace, but I'm going to need it eventually.

You got it man!

Vehicles
      Fiesta ST, mk7 GTI
      04-20-2017 07:44 PM #2694
      I hate to do the "lists former cars here" thing but in the last 2 years I've had a tuned 15 STI, tuned 15 M3, tuned M235i, full-bolt-on speed3, ND MX5, bolted on Mk7 GTI and a Fiesta ST.

Don't get me wrong, they are all amazing cars. The thing the fiesta ST has really taught me is exploitability on the street. I don't have the time to take track days regularly, and I live in Boston proper. Having a car that I can push hard and enjoy while not killing myself or going to jail is much more valuable than having a car I can tell people makes 450 whp but you can't actually use. The ND MX-5 was probably even better a car, but just not practical enough.

I think its something to take into account when talking about going for bigger power RWD/AWD cars. They aren't necessarily more fun just because there is more power.
      Last edited by s55b30; 04-20-2017 at 08:01 PM.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      13' 4-dr GTI
      04-20-2017 08:43 PM #2695

Awesome post, and spot on. Nothing beats light and tossable IMO. The only competitor for the FiST is the BRZ/86 twins (fixed roofs unlike Miata) - they are the ones that I am tempted to get...RWD with a torsen is very tempting... but I know i would miss the torks from the FiST's lovely 1.6. I am trying to avoid stopping at a Subaru dealer hoping they are desperate to move one and will deeply discount. If i could get the limited (heated seats - must have) for 25k - I think i would move into one.

But even then, the FiST is practical, efficient, and just hilariously fun to drive hard. With a Cobb tune, 15" wheels with summer tires - this thing is very quick to 100 mph - which is all I need. I am getting a noisemaker (Cobb intake) just for the turbo sounds...but a year into owning it and I still giggle after most drives, I still end up purposely tossing the car into turns just to try and upset it, and all it does is hunker down and gently oversteer. It is as fun at 40mph as it is at 100mph, while still managing 30mpg winter, about 33mpg summer. I wish there was a Fiesta RS with a nice interior and a magic front diff, priced at 30k. I would get it.

21. Member
      04-20-2017 10:01 PM #2696
      Quote Originally Posted by s55b30 View Post
      I hate to do the "lists former cars here" thing but in the last 2 years I've had a tuned 15 STI, tuned 15 M3, tuned M235i, full-bolt-on speed3, ND MX5, bolted on Mk7 GTI and a Fiesta ST.

Don't get me wrong, they are all amazing cars. The thing the fiesta ST has really taught me is exploitability on the street. I don't have the time to take track days regularly, and I live in Boston proper. Having a car that I can push hard and enjoy while not killing myself or going to jail is much more valuable than having a car I can tell people makes 450 whp but you can't actually use. The ND MX-5 was probably even better a car, but just not practical enough.

I think its something to take into account when talking about going for bigger power RWD/AWD cars. They aren't necessarily more fun just because there is more power.
      Really good points.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawrider View Post
      Awesome post, and spot on. Nothing beats light and tossable IMO. The only competitor for the FiST is the BRZ/86 twins (fixed roofs unlike Miata) - they are the ones that I am tempted to get...RWD with a torsen is very tempting... but I know i would miss the torks from the FiST's lovely 1.6. I am trying to avoid stopping at a Subaru dealer hoping they are desperate to move one and will deeply discount. If i could get the limited (heated seats - must have) for 25k - I think i would move into one.

But even then, the FiST is practical, efficient, and just hilariously fun to drive hard. With a Cobb tune, 15" wheels with summer tires - this thing is very quick to 100 mph - which is all I need. I am getting a noisemaker (Cobb intake) just for the turbo sounds...but a year into owning it and I still giggle after most drives, I still end up purposely tossing the car into turns just to try and upset it, and all it does is hunker down and gently oversteer. It is as fun at 40mph as it is at 100mph, while still managing 30mpg winter, about 33mpg summer. I wish there was a Fiesta RS with a nice interior and a magic front diff, priced at 30k. I would get it.
      Those are the two cars I forgot to mention- the Suba-yota twins and the RS. I've been really tempted by the BRZ too but to sacrifice torque doesn't sit well with me, and the FiST is so much more practical. The RS is also tempting but if I'm going to drive something bigger than the Fiesta then I'd prefer something more sublime like the Golf R.

22. Member
      Vehicles
      '12 JKU / '06 FXSTDI
      04-21-2017 07:41 AM #2697
      @Burnette - So my FoST, which is basically the big brother to the FiST is still a giant heaping pile of ****. I took it into a second dealer and they had it for over four weeks. They fixed the Ford emblem that had pieces falling out of it and the head liner. When I got it back, the driver's seat still shifted from left to right and the bumper/lift gate was half painted. I specifically pointed out that the lift gate paint was down to the primer/metal from rubbing on the bumped. I drove 40 miles just to point this out before driving home another 40 miles from where this second dealer was at. They repainted the bumper but not the gate. They said they'd have to submit another claim to Ford to get that approved before I could have it done. They also said they would call me when I needed to bring it in. It's been over two weeks since they said they would call me and I'm betting if I don't call someone back I won't hear back from them. That's been a constant theme. I've never had such bad service in my entire life.

Why am I posting this? Because over 7 trips to Ford dealers with multiple calls to Ford, the dealers, the Maryland AG, a WV lawyer, and other entities, I'm still stuck with a giant turd. I'm hoping that any one else reading this realizes two things: The FiST/FoST are cheap cars and that when buying one you shouldn't expect even a modicum of help when trying to deal with Ford. I'll be on my third Ford dealer and 8th trip about a week. I'm honestly expecting the same imbecilic results from the past two dealerships if past experiences hold true.

TL;DR Fix Or Repair Daily
      Last edited by Village Idiot™; 04-21-2017 at 10:25 AM.

04-24-2017 01:06 AM #2698

Prior to my 2014 Fiesta ST, I owned a 2010.5 SVT Raptor with the 6.2L and a 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS m6 also with a 6.2L V8.

I test drove a wide range of more expensive vehicles than the ST.

Happy with my choice, and I can say without hesitation, that the Fiesta ST has been by far the most fun to own/drive of the 3 I've owned. All 3 were used as daily drivers. I don't go to the track. I did off road my Raptor. and that is a very very different kind of fun.. But that is not something I did very often at all. So overall, the Fiesta ST is still by far more fun to own as a daily driver since it is so fun to drive in just a normal every day scenario.

I don't ever miss the Camaro.

I've owned the ST since October/November? of 2013.. I drive it every day, and it still puts a grin on my face.

The Camaro "fun" died out much quicker for me. It was exciting early on. It looked beautiful. I pre ordered early and never had a chance to test-drive. I had one of the first in town. It turned heads. The power was great, But you don't really get to use any of it in a city like Vancouver. The visibility bothered the hell out of me from day 1. A lot of Camaro guys will defend it, and say you get used to it. But you don't get used to visibility that bad. You may choose to accept it, but it's not like it ever improves. The visibility made the Camaro "feel" a lot bigger than it was, and in contrast, made visibility in my Raptor feel so much better. Camaro was a magnet for red & blue lights.

I do not miss the V8 or the RWD. The Fiesta ST really does deliver on the smiles per gallon. Love it. Definitely do not regret it. And it opened to my eyes to how much fun a practical hatch or a fwd vehicle can be.

I find the FiST driving experience to be more enjoyable than the Golf R which has been mentioned a few times. I don't question that it may be faster or more luxurious, but I found the Golf R's ride to be far too sedated. It took away a lot of the "fun" feel that the FiST seems to amplify and communicate to the driver so well. The FiST can be had for significantly less and is more fun.

I do actually miss the Raptor a lot. That was a great vehicle. I'd rather spend my dough on one of those, and keep the cheaper Fiesta ST.

I will just throw out there that, I've managed to haul a surprising amount of things in the Fiesta ST that I didn't think would fit. I fit my bikes, and a surprising amount of Furniture along with all the people or groceries I ever needed to fit. The ST has never disappointed my hauling needs.

The same cannot be said for the Camaro. And don't even get me started on the insurance costs for the Camaro.

For the price, I find it hard to imagine finding many better opportunities out there than a Fiesta ST.

I am glad I went the route I went.

I will point out even though I don't think it should matter.. That the Fiesta ST doesn't really command a whole lot of respect from people who don't know what it is. It really does fly under the radar.

As far as the average non enthusiast is concerned. I am driving a bright green econo box hatch back. I get the odd female calling it "cute" mostly because it is small and bright green. A lot of people comment on the Green Envy paint. But very rarely does any non enthusiast ever admire the car. It draws less attention from red & blue lights

A lot of people mistake it for the mazda2. There is also a cab company local to me, that drives around in bright green Prius Taxi's. I get a lot of drunks flagging me down.

People I know who are not enthusiasts really don't understand why I got the Fiesta ST, or respect it much. A lot of shaking heads from those who can't comprehend why I like my FiST more than the Camaro I had.

It really really drives like a go kart on steroids. But, sometimes it feels a little bit too much like owning a go kart too. People don't take it seriously, and sometimes I feel like it would be nice to have a more "mature" vehicle. I guess I am getting old. While it was in the shop, I got more compliments on the cheaper base level loaner SUV that I was given, than I do on the Fiesta ST.

Love the Fiesta ST though, so much fun. Of my purchases thus far, definitely the one that stands out as worth every penny, and years from now will likely remain one of my most fun to own vehicles ever.

/endrant

TL/DR version : Owned v8 Raptor & v8 Camaro SS. Own Fiesta ST. Fiesta ST = more smiles less $ than v8 Camaro. Golf R = less smiles and more $ than Fiesta ST. Green paint = good for picking up drunks.

Vehicles
      '13 Ferrari 458 Italia Size: XS
      04-24-2017 03:36 AM #2699
      Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot™ View Post
      I'm still stuck with a giant turd.
      No. You're not "stuck" with it because you should have sold the damn thing a while ago if it's that much a giant turd.

This is the Fiesta Owners Appreciation thread. You don't own a Fiesta. You don't appreciate your Focus. So take your bitching somewhere else.
      GeorgiaBulldawgs!
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Good point. I look like that when I lose my place in line at the grocery store. Can't imagine what would happen to my face if I lost $64M.

25. 04-24-2017 08:18 AM #2700
      Quote Originally Posted by Village Idiot™ View Post
      @Burnette - So my FoST, which is basically the big brother to the FiST is still a giant heaping pile of ****. I took it into a second dealer and they had it for over four weeks. They fixed the Ford emblem that had pieces falling out of it and the head liner. When I got it back, the driver's seat still shifted from left to right and the bumper/lift gate was half painted. I specifically pointed out that the lift gate paint was down to the primer/metal from rubbing on the bumped. I drove 40 miles just to point this out before driving home another 40 miles from where this second dealer was at. They repainted the bumper but not the gate. They said they'd have to submit another claim to Ford to get that approved before I could have it done. They also said they would call me when I needed to bring it in. It's been over two weeks since they said they would call me and I'm betting if I don't call someone back I won't hear back from them. That's been a constant theme. I've never had such bad service in my entire life.

Why am I posting this? Because over 7 trips to Ford dealers with multiple calls to Ford, the dealers, the Maryland AG, a WV lawyer, and other entities, I'm still stuck with a giant turd. I'm hoping that any one else reading this realizes two things: The FiST/FoST are cheap cars and that when buying one you shouldn't expect even a modicum of help when trying to deal with Ford. I'll be on my third Ford dealer and 8th trip about a week. I'm honestly expecting the same imbecilic results from the past two dealerships if past experiences hold true.

TL;DR Fix Or Repair Daily
      I thought this may be a troll, but a troll has to be able to follow a coherent thought and be able to respond to it and you show no signs of being able to do that. What part of "you don't own a FiST and this is a FiST owners thread" don't you get?

I use to be an auto mechanic and we had "no lifers, waste of timers" like you who had nothing going on at home and stayed with us with faux problems. I would keep your car for months too in hopes that you moved on to another dealer or sold the car. The fact that you went to seven dealers with these silly issues (egad! a badge issue!) is very telling. And good luck getting a lawyer to do anything but take your money, I strongly advise you go this route till funds run out to the point you can't pay an internet provider.

A quick search reveals that you spend most of your time in off topic and political threads and I think this is where the disconnect is. You're looking for that same kind of thing here. Stop it dude, this is the FiST owners thread. If you want to beeyotch and fight I have great news for you. Start your own thread in TCL and post your troubles just as you have here and read the community what I have already been telling you. Sell the car, move on and get a life.

See? We feel just like those dealers you hang around and harass. What a waste.

If you can't understand that you're posting in the wrong place, that you're not hurting Ford and you seriously look to be the one with the problem here, then you're truly living up to your screen name.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 108 of 109 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109 LastLast