Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Car Lounge
    Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
      10-16-2013 08:12 PM #76
      MPG with the broken in cars?

Vehicles
      2000 Focus Kona, 2017 Focus RS, 2016 Explorer Sport.
      10-16-2013 08:33 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
      You couldn't stand the MCS any longer?

My partner has a MCS too, though it's auto. I personally hate the thing. The RFTs have been removed, but the ride is bone jaring. So many interior panels are creaking, and the roads here are much nicer than in North America! We recently went on a quick weekend trip to Gold Coast where we hired an Audi A1 from Europcar. It's a basic 1.4T model with DSG and Xenons, but the ride, handling, NVH is much better than the MCS. I went online to research pricing, and apparently the A1 is actually $6,000 cheaper than the MCS. She has 7 years of warranty + 4 years paid service (came as part of the CPO package), and I'm really pushing her to trade the car in.
      I liked the car, hated the company and mine was developing rattles and shakes too.

3. Geriatric Member
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      10-16-2013 08:47 PM #78
      wow, people actually put their money with their mouth is... on THIS forum!?

When did I fall into the Bizarro Vortex?

4. Member
      10-16-2013 08:54 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      I drove both at the Ford Driving Event about a month ago. The Focus was fun and had a bit more oomph than the Fiesta, but I preferred the Fiesta's handling and lighter weight on the little autocross course they had set up.
      This was my impression as well in same event, but I prefer smaller, and more importantly, lighter cars.

My guess is that these won't be a big seller, linger on lots, so plan is to grab one next year when ford has $3K+ incentive on them.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      11 Cooper S, 02 4Runner, 83 GTI
      10-16-2013 08:55 PM #80
      I had every intention of putting my money where my mouth was but wound up with an ST3 Focus instead and have thoroughly enjoyed it over the last 3.5 months.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      Evo VIII, BMW e12
      10-16-2013 09:03 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by brad@fifteen52 View Post
      Haha, will do In Ford's defense they did put on a really good show with the national EcoBoost Challenge/ST Performance Academy, and I can tell you next year they have some even cooler stuff planned
      Cooler than the Performance Academy? Timed laps around an autocross course without an employee in the car was pretty damn cool; I don't see how it could get better than that.

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Tiguan Highline, 2012 Mazda CX5 2.0i, 2008 Audi S3 3Dr Manual
      10-16-2013 09:10 PM #82
      OK, so I just did some research on the FiST. Interesting enough, our market only gets the 3Dr with the 6spd Manual. Comes fully loaded (Climate control, Sync, Recaro's !!!), but you can't add heated seats, NAV,Sunroof,or HIDs. Would have loved to add HIDs and heated seats.

Demos are going for $25k driveaway and $27k for a brand new example.
      I think this is the first time I've seen a brand new +desirable car that's cheaper than Canada.

(As a comparison, a brand new poverty spec GTI costs 25% more than in Canada)

8. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 BMW 325i
      10-16-2013 09:16 PM #83
      I have been closely looking at the ST. The Fiesta itself is a great car (have driven one multiple times) and I bet the ST would be great.

However, couple things are deal breakers, which is still why I'm aiming for the Golf TDI next summer:

1) No xenons. This is an absolute requirement for me.
      2) I can't stand Ford interiors and ergonomics. A lot of the switchgear works opposite of what every other manufacturer does and I'm really not a fan of touchscreens such as the Ford Sync Touch whatever.

Vehicles
      2000 Focus Kona, 2017 Focus RS, 2016 Explorer Sport.
      10-16-2013 09:29 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post

I bought both

10. 10-16-2013 09:45 PM #85
      I'm honestly considering re-looking at the Focus ST and selling the BRZ.

the Fiesta might be just too small for me but I remember the focus being tight in the shoulders with the recaros
      Quote Originally Posted by Chris Stack View Post
      Makes me proud to be an American in some perverse way. **** your terrorist, I've a honey boo boo outside.

Vehicles
      '16 FiST, '90 Miata
      10-16-2013 09:46 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by too_slow View Post
      OK, so I just did some research on the FiST. Interesting enough, our market only gets the 3Dr with the 6spd Manual. Comes fully loaded (Climate control, Sync, Recaro's !!!), but you can't add heated seats, NAV,Sunroof,or HIDs. Would have loved to add HIDs and heated seats.
      You sure about that? Down here, Recaros automatically add heated seats and mirrors. I find it hard to believe that you can't get something similar.

Vehicles
      2013 focus ST ST3
      10-16-2013 09:52 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by Fantomasz View Post
      Give me DSG type transmission and I will buy one today.
      Now I chose POLO GTI over Fiesta.

Will Polo gti comes with a manual?

13. Geriatric Member
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '10 Mazda5
      10-16-2013 10:14 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by Tokyosmash View Post
      I bought both

Perhaps this forum is finally getting better at asking for things then buying them... I never thought I'd see the day.

14. 10-16-2013 10:41 PM #89
      I've had mine for 3 weeks and it's been a great experience.

After a 300 mile drive in the mountains soaking in the fall colors and open roads, it now has covered around 1700 miles and it's been flawless so far.

All the forum warriors and typical internet chatter on this car is just that, so typical. From the moaning about a perceived lack of power vs the Focus ST (or other cars) to the necessity of buying the Recaros or to the lack of frilly LED light jewelry, as usual, much of what is read online is valueless.

It's a lightweight, entry level "hot hatch" and it provides a high level of equipment and horsepower for the dollar. The comparison to the Focus ST can be summed up in one sentence. The Focus weighs 500lbs more. If you need a slightly bigger back seat and 55 more horsepower, more equipment and a more macho exterior, then you will be pulling around 500 pounds in the process.

No car is for everyone, but this one fit my needs. It replaced my prior daily driver and won't serve as my sole sports car. I also own two FD Rx7 and have a Tahoe to drag them to the race track. I'm an instructor for several groups and I look forward to spending an instructor session, on occasion, flogging the Fiesta ST. It's certainly got the chassis and brakes to make any track enjoyable.

In short, the brakes are stellar. They integrated just the right amount of initial grab and while my street exploits haven't gotten them track hot yet, I feel they will probably work well in track use. It's definitely more than strong enough for the street. The engine seems to be opening up a bit and it's pulling very strong, just as all the reviewers have commented. The ride is commendably stiff and works with the chassis to provide almost go-kart driving feel. Anyone who complains clearly shouldn't have bought this vehicle.

As for fuel economy, it's not dipped below 30 yet. My 300 miles on Sunday, spent most of the time in boost, returned 31.7 for the tank. I'm impressed.

The car has been tirelessly covered so far by the media. Most of what you're reading is very true. It's a great effort by Ford. The Focus ST is a better choice for many who will need a dual use car with a more inviting back seat and cargo area, but damn, the little Fiesta is a monster for those that can live with its size (and 500lb weight advantage).

15. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Tiguan Highline, 2012 Mazda CX5 2.0i, 2008 Audi S3 3Dr Manual
      10-16-2013 10:45 PM #90
      The Polo feels like a tinbox inside. The interior quality is similar to a MK3.5.
      It also comes with the highly unreliable 1.4T turbo + supercharger and you can only get the problematic 7spd dry clutch DSG transmission. They also cost more than a GTI if you just add HIDs and sunroof. The previous Polo came with the AWP 1.8T nevah looose (6spd manual + 1.8T in a MK3sized + weight car) is actually quite fun to drive.

Byron: I double checked and the Recaros do not come with the heating elements for the Aussie markets It sucks, because the weather in Melbourne is comparable to Vancouver (quite chilly in the morning; and the heated seats are god sent after a back workout)

Vehicles
      Golf R
      10-16-2013 11:01 PM #91
      i was thoroughly impressed with the Fiesta ST. I did the Ford Driving event and I had a blast ... I'd love to get one.

This is exactly what we needed to push other car manufacturer to offer sport compact hatches. We all win!

Fiesta ST
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T | '16 R 2.0T | '17 R 2.0T |
      VW MK7 GTI/R Installation YT Vids: Schwabo

Vehicles
      '13 Outback 2.5i Limited SAP, '13 Ford F-150, Screw, FX4, EcoBoost
      10-17-2013 12:18 AM #92
      Awesome and thanks to all the owners here who have commented so far. How do car seats fit in one of these? I had a '13 WRX sedan, and contrary to belief the rear seat in one of those was pretty generous for car seat use. Could a family of four ride around in one of these, or is it strictly a DINK or single persons car?

18. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      10-17-2013 12:31 AM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by HEH View Post
      Congrats !

Still waiting for mine... mid/late next month probably. Meanwhile, there is at least 4 sitting on local lots..

Looks great though ! How are you liking it so far?

Thanks! I love it. Probably one of the most fun to drive car I've owned in awhile. That car has pretty decent power right out of the box and get excellent gas mileage. I think a nice tune in the future will keep me happy for a long time.

19. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      10-17-2013 12:35 AM #94
      Just walked in to do paper work

I love PB and would probably get that color if they had it on the lot. You should come check out www.fiestastforum.com

20. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      10-17-2013 12:42 AM #95
      Quote Originally Posted by kevin splits View Post
      Those of you who bought what did you pay otd if you dont mind me asking?
      The discount range is dependent on where you live. I got $1700 off, there are a few members on the Fiesta ST Forum that got as much as $3k off and some paid MSRP. Right now Ford is offering 0% interest for up to 60 months so its a great time to buy.

Vehicles
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      10-17-2013 12:46 AM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by CivicAssassin View Post
      The discount range is dependent on where you live. I got $1700 off, there are a few members on the Fiesta ST Forum that got as much as $3k off and some paid MSRP. Right now Ford is offering 0% interest for up to 60 months so its a great time to buy.
      I got a $500 off coupon from the Fiesta driving event a few days ago - so watch your mail, people.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

22. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      10-17-2013 12:48 AM #97
      Quote Originally Posted by Pool Runner View Post
      Awesome and thanks to all the owners here who have commented so far. How do car seats fit in one of these? I had a '13 WRX sedan, and contrary to belief the rear seat in one of those was pretty generous for car seat use. Could a family of four ride around in one of these, or is it strictly a DINK or single persons car?
      It's actually quite comfortable and I'm almost 6'. Even my buddy who is 6'2 and 250 pounds didn't have any problem fitting in the seats. Back seats are a bit tight for big adults if you have a taller person sitting up front, but for kids there are no problems whatsoever with leg room.

23. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      10-17-2013 12:53 AM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      I got a $500 off coupon from the Fiesta driving event a few days ago - so watch your mail, people.
      $500 off coupon is that the same as the $500 Cash Bonus Incentive Ford is giving out since July?

10-17-2013 02:11 AM #99
      Just walked in to do paper work
      Congrats ! The blue's pretty wicked. Jealous of those of you just walking in and buying off the lot. So much for pre-ordering.. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post

I paid in full several months back. Money where mouth is.. Check... Now I need a car where my garage is... Just waiting on delivery

Quote Originally Posted by ChicaneWV View Post
      I've had mine for 3 weeks and it's been a great experience.
      Looks great ! I have yet to hear any complaints about how fun this car is... Nothing but satisfaction on the ST forums for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin splits View Post
      Those of you who bought what did you pay otd if you dont mind me asking?
      $24.5k out the door. Canadian. And a couple favors/freebies. Saved about 3k off MSRP and a little over 3k on taxes because of trade-in. I got a good deal on my trade too, as they wanted the sale. MSRP + tax on my car was about 30.5k

Quote Originally Posted by WagonHatch View Post
      MPG with the broken in cars?
      Majority of the guys I've talked with on the ST forums are averaging between 25-32 mpg. But I wouldn't consider most of those cars broken in yet... A lot of people are just picking them up.

Quote Originally Posted by CivicAssassin View Post
      Thanks! I love it. Probably one of the most fun to drive car I've owned in awhile. That car has pretty decent power right out of the box and get excellent gas mileage. I think a nice tune in the future will keep me happy for a long time.
      Awesome! And yeah, I thought your photo's were familiar.. I've been lurking on that forum too

25. Member
      10-17-2013 02:13 AM #100
      Looking around for test numbers vs Focus, just read this one by MT:

Unlike other EcoBoost engines, the 1.6-liter exhibits some turbo lag. Not much goes on below 3000 rpm, but once boost kicks in, the 2729-pound subcompact scoots along nicely. Sixty mph comes in 6.4 seconds and the quarter mile passes in 14.9 seconds with a trap speed of 94.6 mph. For comparison, the 3193-pound and 252-hp Focus ST hit 60 in 5.9 seconds and sprinted through the quarter in 14.6 seconds at 95.9 mph.

The Focus carried its advantage into our handling tests. On the skidpad, the Fiesta's impressive 0.90 g fell short of the Focus' 0.96 g. The more powerful Focus also led in the figure eight, needing 25.4 seconds to finish at 0.70 g (avg), while the Fiesta needed 26.1 seconds at 0.65 g (avg). The one test where the Fiesta came out on top was braking -- a full stop from 60 needed just 104 feet versus the Focus' 112 feet.

It's impressive just how close the Fiesta is to the Focus despite a 55-hp and 68-lb-ft handicap. That's the beauty of a 464-pound weight advantage. Predictably, the reduced weight is a big part of the Fiesta's smile-inducing character.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast