KilometerMagazine.com - Fiesta ST owners
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 2781
    1. Member dcmix5's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 7th, 2006
      Location
      Grand Rapids, MI
      Posts
      4,675
      Vehicles
      Hondas
      10-17-2013 02:21 AM #101
      The Fiesta ST was the same as the 3 Focus ST I could have bought sitting right there on the lot around here. I've also seen the same 4 Scion FR-S for the past month sitting on the lot as I pass by, so I guess my town likes beige Camry instead.
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      I'm filming this thread. Just thought I'd let everyone know. I've had some bad experiences with threads in the past.
      Quote Originally Posted by Fritz27 View Post
      I like when dumb people quote mechanical grip as a metric of whether or not a car is fun to drive. It's like saying McDonald's is the best restaurant because you get a lot of calories for your money.

    2. Member Tokyosmash's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 10th, 2007
      Location
      East Africa for a bit
      Posts
      3,433
      Vehicles
      2000 Focus Kona, 2017 Focus RS, 2016 Explorer Sport.
      10-17-2013 07:15 AM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by HEH View Post
      Congrats ! The blue's pretty wicked. Jealous of those of you just walking in and buying off the lot. So much for pre-ordering.. lol
      I got on the train too late to preorder, I just got lucky that my dealer could find me one.
      Last edited by Tokyosmash; 10-17-2013 at 09:38 AM.

    3. 10-17-2013 07:32 AM #103
      These cars are going to be a beast once they get bolt-ons, intercooler upgrade, and tune.

    4. Forum Sponsor brad@fifteen52's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Location
      Sarasota, FL/Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      8,184
      Vehicles
      1980 Porsche 911SC 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      10-17-2013 10:57 AM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by Quinn1.8t View Post
      Cooler than the Performance Academy? Timed laps around an autocross course without an employee in the car was pretty damn cool; I don't see how it could get better than that.
      From what I'm hearing, I'm saying yeah, next year's FieSTa promotions will be even cooler

    5. Member adrew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 14th, 2003
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      16,018
      Vehicles
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      10-17-2013 10:59 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by CivicAssassin View Post
      $500 off coupon is that the same as the $500 Cash Bonus Incentive Ford is giving out since July?
      It said it was in addition to any other current offers.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

    6. Member Waterfan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      2,544
      Vehicles
      84 Jetta 2.0L 8V Conversion (sold); 99 Passat 1.8t APR S1, Suspension, 17's (current)
      10-17-2013 02:45 PM #106
      COBB Fiesta ST Stage 1 software already available
      http://www.cobbtuning.com/Ford-Acces...ains-fiesta-st

      Stage1 91
      Peak +3% HP / +12% TQ
      Max. +5% HP / +15% TQ

      Stage1 93
      Peak +4% HP / +14% TQ
      Max. +6% HP / +17% TQ
      Last edited by Waterfan; 10-17-2013 at 02:47 PM.

    7. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      40,078
      Vehicles
      ATS-v | All Track CEL
      10-17-2013 02:50 PM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by Waterfan View Post
      COBB Fiesta ST Stage 1 software already available
      http://www.cobbtuning.com/Ford-Acces...ains-fiesta-st

      Stage1 91
      Peak +3% HP / +12% TQ
      Max. +5% HP / +15% TQ

      Stage1 93
      Peak +4% HP / +14% TQ
      Max. +6% HP / +17% TQ

    8. Member Waterfan's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2012
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      2,544
      Vehicles
      84 Jetta 2.0L 8V Conversion (sold); 99 Passat 1.8t APR S1, Suspension, 17's (current)
      10-17-2013 02:54 PM #108
      Yeah, I can't wait to test drive one, "1-2 more weeks" says my local dealer.

    9. Member SCHWAB0's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2004
      Location
      Minneapolis
      Posts
      6,304
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      10-17-2013 03:07 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      I got a $500 off coupon from the Fiesta driving event a few days ago - so watch your mail, people.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ford Promotion
      THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE FORD ECOBOOST CHALLENGE. WE HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR EXPERIENCE!
      We appreciate your interest in Ford. And as an event attendee, we would like to provide you with a complimentary 6 year/100,000 mile Ford ESP Powertrain CARE plan* which may be used on an eligible Ford vehicle purchase. This offer expires on 4/5/2014, so act fast! Simply print out this e-mail and take it to your local Ford Dealership for redemption on your new retail vehicle purchase or lease.
      This is the offer I got in the mail, thought it was neat. Now if I only keep my cars for this long

      PS: I got the Xplan discount as well now ...
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T | '16 R 2.0T | '17 R 2.0T |
      VW MK7 GTI/R Installation YT Vids: Schwabo

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 7th, 2006
      Location
      CT/MA
      Posts
      1,878
      Vehicles
      Evo VIII, BMW e12
      10-17-2013 03:12 PM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by brad@fifteen52 View Post
      From what I'm hearing, I'm saying yeah, next year's FieSTa promotions will be even cooler
      Sweet

    11. Member rconn14's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 6th, 2006
      Location
      Connecticut
      Posts
      5,649
      Vehicles
      2004 R32, 2012 Abarth
      10-17-2013 07:20 PM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by SCHWAB0 View Post
      This is the offer I got in the mail, thought it was neat. Now if I only keep my cars for this long

      PS: I got the Xplan discount as well now ...
      If you're not gonna use those... PM me
      Instagram: @clink_clank_clunk

    12. Member SCHWAB0's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 6th, 2004
      Location
      Minneapolis
      Posts
      6,304
      Vehicles
      Golf R
      10-17-2013 07:26 PM #112
      Quote Originally Posted by rconn14 View Post
      If you're not gonna use those... PM me
      The ESP powertrain plan? PM me your email and I'll forward you the email.
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T | '16 R 2.0T | '17 R 2.0T |
      VW MK7 GTI/R Installation YT Vids: Schwabo

    13. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2013
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      32
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      10-18-2013 03:25 AM #113
      Check out the thread I posted about the Fiesta ST at SEMA http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...2013-SEMA-Show

    14. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      54,010
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '12 XC70 T6
      10-18-2013 06:59 AM #114
      yikes.

    15. Member RollingInDubs's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 23rd, 2003
      Location
      All over
      Posts
      4,177
      Vehicles
      A fast car, a slower SUV
      10-18-2013 07:54 AM #115
      The only thing that's keeping my self control in check and preventing me from chucking my Focus for a Fiesta ST is the fact that I live in the country and my local dealer refuses to keep anything like that in their inventory. Outta sight, outta mind.

      I just gotta stay out of Duluth or Minneapolis/St. Paul and I'll be alright.

    16. 10-18-2013 08:09 AM #116
      My local dealer had the second one built...and they still have it. It is terribly optioned: all options except Recaro. If anyone wants a non-recaro ST, check it out at www.brandonford.com, alreadt 2000 off msrp.

    17. Member HEH's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2012
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      370
      10-18-2013 08:22 AM #117
      Seen the SEMA Fiesta's on the Ford/sema site. Can't say I'm too crazy about most of it tbh. Will wait to see photo's of the actual cars. Hope to see some more done up, and maybe taken a different direction than some of those.

      Good to see some aftermarket response though.

    18. Member HEH's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 16th, 2012
      Location
      Vancouver, BC
      Posts
      370
      10-18-2013 08:37 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by Vash350z View Post
      My local dealer had the second one built...and they still have it. It is terribly optioned: all options except Recaro. If anyone wants a non-recaro ST, check it out at www.brandonford.com, alreadt 2000 off msrp.
      Judging from the VIN# it's pretty safe to say that is definitely not the 2nd one built.. Maybe the 2nd one that dealer got. But at least they are original! Everyone else likes to claim they have the first one. lol

      Non recaro's isn't so bad. Quite a few people seem to be custom ordering them without. Worst thing going for that car is trying to convince someone to pick that red over the Molten Orange. Kind of a no brainer when you've seen both in person... (And I hate orange in general). The Orange & Blue are definitely the big sellers. Silver/Green/Red the less popular.

      I would have ordered without Recaros if it was an option actually, Canadians don't get to pick & choose though. They're nice enough. But not enough that I'd pay for em given the choice. Seats are a pretty personal thing though, everyone's going to feel differently for obvious reasons. If I had my way I'd take the seats out of my Raptor and stuff em in my ST.

      Never been the "fully loaded" type though. Find I have no use for most of the options. And would prefer aftermarket personalization's. Or just pocketing the dough.

      Look forward to seeing sales figures eventually, curious as to whether the FiST will sell much better than the FoST did. I suspect it will do a bit better on account of being cheaper. (And imho better looking) But we'll see.
      Last edited by HEH; 10-18-2013 at 08:40 AM.

    19. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      54,010
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '12 XC70 T6
      10-18-2013 08:38 AM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by HEH View Post
      Seen the SEMA Fiesta's on the Ford/sema site. Can't say I'm too crazy about most of it tbh. Will wait to see photo's of the actual cars. Hope to see some more done up, and maybe taken a different direction than some of those.

      Good to see some aftermarket response though.
      I'm biased... but I think fifteen52 needs a shot at the Fiesta ST. Some of those are super over the top... I'll with hold further comments until seeing real shots of them and not photoshops though.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2006
      Location
      North Las Vegas
      Posts
      2,291
      Vehicles
      2017 Chevrolet SS 6M
      10-18-2013 08:50 AM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by SSLByron View Post
      I agree that DCT-only would be a bad idea, but I think Ford is doing themselves a disservice by not offering the Focus and Fiesta STs with a dual-clutch transmission. They've yet to build a sport-oriented version of it, and I think that's a mistake that will haunt them in future vehicle development.
      While a three pedal nazi, I nonetheless agree that choice is always better. But, Ford would have to pass the cost of certifying both transmissions onto the buyer, and this is already a $22K subcompact. A choice of transmissions, sadly, could price the Fiesta ST out of contention.
      Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by smoothsix View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by HackAC View Post
      What would America be like today if everyone had to sit through a 2 hour TFL seminar?
      Lots of suicides

    21. Forum Sponsor brad@fifteen52's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2007
      Location
      Sarasota, FL/Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      8,184
      Vehicles
      1980 Porsche 911SC 2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      10-18-2013 09:01 AM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      I'm biased... but I think fifteen52 needs a shot at the Fiesta ST.
      Yeah, you already know that's a done deal

    22. Geriatric Member
      Join Date
      Jun 23rd, 1999
      Location
      New England
      Posts
      54,010
      Vehicles
      '97 BMW 328i | '12 XC70 T6
      10-18-2013 10:00 AM #122
      Quote Originally Posted by brad@fifteen52 View Post
      Yeah, you already know that's a done deal
      yeah, not my beans to spill suffice to say, I'm brimming with anticipation.

    23. Geriatric Member Aonarch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2006
      Location
      Atlanta, GA
      Posts
      40,078
      Vehicles
      ATS-v | All Track CEL
      10-18-2013 10:11 AM #123
      I might do one as a Christmas present for myself.

    24. 10-18-2013 12:45 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by HEH View Post
      Judging from the VIN# it's pretty safe to say that is definitely not the 2nd one built.. Maybe the 2nd one that dealer got. But at least they are original! Everyone else likes to claim they have the first one. lol

      Non recaro's isn't so bad. Quite a few people seem to be custom ordering them without. Worst thing going for that car is trying to convince someone to pick that red over the Molten Orange. Kind of a no brainer when you've seen both in person... (And I hate orange in general). The Orange & Blue are definitely the big sellers. Silver/Green/Red the less popular.

      I would have ordered without Recaros if it was an option actually, Canadians don't get to pick & choose though. They're nice enough. But not enough that I'd pay for em given the choice. Seats are a pretty personal thing though, everyone's going to feel differently for obvious reasons. If I had my way I'd take the seats out of my Raptor and stuff em in my ST.

      Never been the "fully loaded" type though. Find I have no use for most of the options. And would prefer aftermarket personalization's. Or just pocketing the dough.

      Look forward to seeing sales figures eventually, curious as to whether the FiST will sell much better than the FoST did. I suspect it will do a bit better on account of being cheaper. (And imho better looking) But we'll see.
      I guess you are right, to me the seats are the big selling point. I am a fully loaded type of guy though, I would want navi, recaros, and the black wheels, i could skip the moonroof.

    25. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 16th, 2013
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      32
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST
      10-18-2013 12:56 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
      I'm biased... but I think fifteen52 needs a shot at the Fiesta ST. Some of those are super over the top... I'll with hold further comments until seeing real shots of them and not photoshops though.
      LIKE

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 5 of 112 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •