KilometerMagazine.com - Latest Golf R news for Canadians
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 5 of 345 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
      02-10-2015 05:07 PM #101
      over on dubbers there are a couple dealerships which have confirmed two door mkvii r models in canada?

http://dubberz.com/forum/mapleridge-...-open**-79428/

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi S3
      02-10-2015 05:46 PM #102
      Also the thread talks about 2015 MY. IMO, it's just another confused dealer. I won't get my hopes high for 2 doors. If it gets announced Thursday, great, but I'm not holding my breath

Vehicles
      '13 Jetta TDI Highline, 2016 .:R ordered
      02-10-2015 06:19 PM #103
      It's a girl posting about cars, it's ok she got confused
      (IF they announce a 3-door version on Thursday, US guys will go BANANAS! and I will order one on Friday lol)
      Тракторист

Vehicles
      mk7R/2012 Golf R/ 2012 GLI (previous VWG: 04 S4 /06 TDI /11 TDI /12 EOS /03 GTI)
      02-10-2015 07:57 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by spookdog View Post
      Has anyone had any feedback from their dealers about the ordering process? I've been contacted by my dealer and they are setting up a venue for ordering on Thursday to coincide with the Canadian release of options and pricing. What are you expecting to pay for the car? Invoice price, MSRP, MSRP plus? Any comments would be great…especially from those who have ordered (an R) before.
      Last time I bought an R I got it new for MSRP minus about 5 or 5.3%

This time around, I would expect to bargain for about the same.

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '16 Golf R, DSG w/ Tech in Oryx White
      02-11-2015 12:58 AM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by phospher5 View Post
      Last time I bought an R I got it new for MSRP minus about 5 or 5.3%

This time around, I would expect to bargain for about the same.
      Thanks for the feedback...sounds like you got a good deal. I'd be pretty happy with invoice pricing but I gather MSRP minus 5% beats that. Anyone else have any expectations or strategy going into Thursday?

Vehicles
      78 Rabbit-81 GTI-87 16v GTI-97 VR6 GTI-00 VR6 GTI-03 VR6 GTI-09 GTI-16 Golf R
      02-11-2015 09:53 AM #106
      My dealer (Mississauga VW) said "possibly" $500 off for "customer loyalty" whatever that means.

Is it Thursday yet?

7. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi S3
      02-11-2015 09:57 AM #107
      Quote Originally Posted by T Keeley View Post
      My dealer (Mississauga VW) said "possibly" $500 off for "customer loyalty" whatever that means.

Is it Thursday yet?
      It's a discount you get from VWoC. Has been going for a while. Need to have a VW registered to your name to qualify.
      I got it when i got my mk6.

8. 02-11-2015 09:58 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by spookdog View Post
      Thanks for the feedback...sounds like you got a good deal. I'd be pretty happy with invoice pricing but I gather MSRP minus 5% beats that. Anyone else have any expectations or strategy going into Thursday?
      I say we don't stand a change for MSRP minus 5% OR Invoice pricing

I say best we get is MSRP LOL!

I hope im wrong and if I am wrong let me know which dealership is giving you that kinda deal

9. 02-11-2015 10:00 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by T Keeley View Post

Is it Thursday yet?
      It means your dealer wont play ball. At all. Perhaps an email to Jouko might be worth your while (Georgetown VW). He's on the boards here, too.

As stated above, that discount comes from VWOC (if you ever signed up for vwfinance, you already have a login, iirc.)

Here's what you can see your loyalty discount: https://www.volkswagenplus.ca/en

Depending on what car you've purchased in the past, there are several discounts available on purchasing a new car; $500, $1000, possibly more depending on the car? Unsure on that. I have a $500 credit myself I'll be applying.
      Last edited by spoonie; 02-11-2015 at 10:02 AM.
      --
      2016 Discount Brand S3
      1987 Peugeot PB-18 – Manual Power
      1986 Mid-Engine Supercar

10. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi S3
      02-11-2015 10:07 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by poulaki33 View Post
      I say we don't stand a change for MSRP minus 5% OR Invoice pricing

I say best we get is MSRP LOL!

I hope im wrong and if I am wrong let me know which dealership is giving you that kinda deal
      If you wanna buy on day one and your dealer has limited allocations and many prospective buyers, you are right.
      But do not forget, this isn't a limited-to-one-year model anymore, so it will probably give some haggling power.
      That said, i'm sure we'll be able to work out deals...

For example... i currently have some equity on my mk6 but i can keep it for a while, i dont mind... When i walk into the dealership, it's either an R sold or no sale at all.
      I'm not gonna leave with a GTI because i can't get a deal on an R.
      And i dont mind waiting months for an order, instead of picking one of the first allocated cars.
      I may be naive, but i do think this gives me the tools i need to get a good deal.

11. 02-11-2015 10:10 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by nlz242 View Post
      If you wanna buy on day one and your dealer has limited allocations and many prospective buyers, you are right.
      But do not forget, this isn't a limited-to-one-year model anymore, so it will probably give some haggling power.
      That said, i'm sure we'll be able to work out deals...

For example... i currently have some equity on my mk6 but i can keep it for a while, i dont mind... When i walk into the dealership, it's either an R sold or no sale at all.
      I'm not gonna leave with a GTI because i can't get a deal on an R.
      And i dont mind waiting months for an order, instead of picking one of the first allocated cars.
      I may be naive, but i do think this gives me the tools i need to get a good deal.
      You are absolutely right on that! Getting this car on day 1 will not give us much play i am pretty sure but like you said waiting a couple of months if they are playing hard ball will definitely get us a better deal

12. 02-11-2015 10:11 AM #112
      You are absolutely right on that! Getting this car on day 1 will not give us much play i am pretty sure but like you said waiting a couple of months if they are playing hard ball will definitely get us a better deal
      There is the converse theory though, that getting the car on day 1 gives you the bargaining power of "here's your easy sale, stop wasting my time".

The balance probably lies somewhere in the middle… one can hope.

/hope is a hell of a drug.
      --
      2016 Discount Brand S3
      1986 Mid-Engine Supercar

13. 02-11-2015 10:14 AM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by spoonie View Post
      There is the converse theory though, that getting the car on day 1 gives you the bargaining power of "here's your easy sale, stop wasting my time".

The balance probably lies somewhere in the middle… one can hope.

/hope is a hell of a drug.
      LOL best kind of drug that is

I wonder if we will know pricing first thing tomorrow or if they will wait to Friday when open to the public

I for one will be at the Autoshow tomorrow but not for press day in the AM but at night VIP Gala night so it will be very interesting

I wonder what questions i need to ask ? lol time to put a bucket list together... sunroof? 2 door? etc etc

14. 02-11-2015 10:21 AM #114
      LOL best kind of drug that is

I wonder if we will know pricing first thing tomorrow or if they will wait to Friday when open to the public

I for one will be at the Autoshow tomorrow but not for press day in the AM but at night VIP Gala night so it will be very interesting

I wonder what questions i need to ask ? lol time to put a bucket list together... sunroof? 2 door? etc etc
      If anyone has a list of questions, i'll try to get them answered as early as I can and i'll post here.
      --
      2016 Discount Brand S3
      1986 Mid-Engine Supercar

15. 02-11-2015 10:30 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by spoonie View Post
      If anyone has a list of questions, i'll try to get them answered as early as I can and i'll post here.
      Well this question will probably not get answered but are we Canadians to get what our US friends got when it comes to residuals on a lease? I mean 70% ! LOL
      I can almost BET money we wont get that kind of a deal.. the GTI's residual is like 54% how is the R at 70%?? CRAZYYY lol but in the states they do things different..

02-11-2015 10:33 AM #116
      All of the pricing and specification details for the Canadian Golf R will be released to dealers and the press tomorrow. This may include finance and lease information. Simultaneously, tomorrow, the dealers will be able to place factory orders. Allocation will be limited, not just in the first month, but throughout the model year. I do not know what the annual production allocation for Canada is projected to be, but we may find out soon.

As to pricing, I commit to pricing that is fair and, most importantly, a relationship with your dealer that is friendly, approachable and based on trust. I have always felt that the enthusiasts are the brand ambassadors for the Volkswagen brand and also, for me and my team at Georgetown Volkswagen.

17. 02-11-2015 10:33 AM #117
      I'm mostly interested in hearing about the pricing.

Otherwise, I really don't expect getting a sunroof because it sounds like they have already said it will not be available for the 2016 MY..

I feel like I have not heard about available colours though? Will all colours be available immediately?

18. 02-11-2015 10:36 AM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by Jouko Haapanen View Post
      All of the pricing and specification details for the Canadian Golf R will be released to dealers and the press tomorrow. This may include finance and lease information. Simultaneously, tomorrow, the dealers will be able to place factory orders. Allocation will be limited, not just in the first month, but throughout the model year. I do not know what the annual production allocation for Canada is projected to be, but we may find out soon.

As to pricing, I commit to pricing that is fair and, most importantly, a relationship with your dealer that is friendly, approachable and based on trust. I have always felt that the enthusiasts are the brand ambassadors for the Volkswagen brand and also, for me and my team at Georgetown Volkswagen.
      Hey Juoko, I assume you have lots of deposits/pre-orders already for the Golf R... is there a cap on how many you will be able to handle? (I'd assume no, the more sales the better! But just wondering). I live in Ottawa but I HATE dealing with dealerships... so I'm considering going through Georgetown and just dealing with the distance.

19. 02-11-2015 11:00 AM #119
      Pricing will be announced tomorrow at 10:40 a.m. Stay tuned.......

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi S3
      02-11-2015 11:59 AM #120
      Pricing will be announced tomorrow at 10:40 a.m. Stay tuned.......
      Toronto time?

21. 02-11-2015 12:48 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by nlz242 View Post
      Toronto time?
      Toronto time yes

Vehicles
      2016 Golf R, 2014 Tiguan
      02-11-2015 04:02 PM #122
      I'm also particularly interested in hearing about lease rates and residuals.

23. 02-11-2015 04:07 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by ntj View Post
      I'm also particularly interested in hearing about lease rates and residuals.
      ME TOO! I mean can we have such a gap from US to Canadian? So US is 70% but in canada we come in at say 53% - ughhhh WHY why WHY i hope not LOL

Vehicles
      84 GTI, 89 Trophy, 99 Turbonium, 04 W8, 07 GLI, 09 CC 3.6/4Mot.
      02-12-2015 10:18 AM #124
      (1) 84 GTI Most Fun (2) 89 Trophy Unique (3) 99 Turbonium A phase (4) 04 W8/4Mot Best drive (5) 05 G35X Don't ask (6) 07 GLI DSG (7) 09 CC 3.6/4Mot Best looking (8)

Vehicles
      '13 Jetta TDI Highline, 2016 .:R ordered
      02-12-2015 10:18 AM #125
      404 not found

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Тракторист

For advertising information click HERE

Page 5 of 345 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast