KilometerMagazine.com - Why isn't the judging taking serious?? Most be vW savvy
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
      08-01-2016 05:17 PM #176
      You were in 61. I found you by process of elimination. Only 3 cars in that class got judged

Jim
      My name is...Shake-Zula. The mic-rula, The old schoolah, Ya wanna trip? I'll bring it to ya. Frylock and I'm on top Rock you like a cop Meatwad you up next with your knock-knock. Meatwad make the money, see. Meatwad get the honeys, G. Drivin in my car, livin' like a star. Ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus. Check it. Check, check it. 'Cuz we drive the Cabrios, make the homies say ho! and the girlies wanna scream.

08-01-2016 05:21 PM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by DaddyOfPayton View Post
      You were in 61. I found you by process of elimination. Only 3 cars in that class got judged

Jim
      I am puzzled by this. I am looking into it with the assumption that we screwed up (we the judges)

Jim
      My name is...Shake-Zula. The mic-rula, The old schoolah, Ya wanna trip? I'll bring it to ya. Frylock and I'm on top Rock you like a cop Meatwad you up next with your knock-knock. Meatwad make the money, see. Meatwad get the honeys, G. Drivin in my car, livin' like a star. Ice on my fingers and my toes and I'm a Taurus. Check it. Check, check it. 'Cuz we drive the Cabrios, make the homies say ho! and the girlies wanna scream.

Vehicles
      1997 GTI R32
      08-02-2016 10:19 AM #178
      Quote Originally Posted by chrism1 View Post
      did you have a stuffed wookie under your hood?....if so i remember your car
      That would be me

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Touareg TDI / 1990/91 Audi CQ / 1991 Audi 200
      08-05-2016 10:03 PM #179
      i had fun, it was kinda of funny seeing how many people loved my car, but it was the anti-show car. It was dirty as heck, scratches, dents, etc all over the car. However the list of mods on the sheet did not correspond to what i had done to the car, it's a highly modified car but apparently "winch, offroad tires, offroad suspension, etc" isn't on the common mods list lol.

The judge was kind (i say judge because the 2nd one skipped my car and went to the clean scirocco next to me), he looked it over, asked me to describe the car in 30 seconds, then went to join the 2nd judge with the scirocco.

I was slightly dissappointed i came in last place out of all the cars despite everyone loving it lol.

Oh well, it's my first car show i ever went to, i wasn't doing it to win a trophy, i was doing it to show off all the work i put into making a barn find audi coupe quattro into a offroad warrior.
      2011 Touareg TDI Lux
      1990 Audi Coupe Quattro - Racecor 2.7T
      1990 Audi Coupe Quattro - S2 Rep 034 Turbo
      1991 Audi Coupe Quattro - Rallyx S2 2.3L
      1991 Audi 200 20vt - Parts or Sell

5. 08-06-2016 10:21 PM #180
      The girl who won the mk6 mod one category had her significant other as a judge. So there's that lol.

Vehicles
      1997 GTI R32
      08-08-2016 10:24 AM #181
      Quote Originally Posted by tmlhttr98 View Post
      The girl who won the mk6 mod one category had her significant other as a judge. So there's that lol.
      Did he judge her car or was he judging other classes?

08-08-2016 07:45 PM #182
      Quote Originally Posted by tmlhttr98 View Post
      Judges are REQUIRED to remove themselves from judging cars where they know the owner; This can cost them their pay and they won't be invited back, period.

So, it was Mark 6 Mod 1. That can be 1 of 3 classes: 7, 8 or 43.

Class 7 and 8 were both won by girls. One is Jetta, one is Golf. Please let me know which one.

08-08-2016 07:48 PM #183
      Quote Originally Posted by stevevr6 View Post
      Did he judge her car or was he judging other classes?
      This is 100% true. If the judge did not judge her class, that is completely OK.

I've only had 1 person ask me to do them a "favor" for a friend, and that friend thought that the "fix" was in and didn't bother to clean his car. He got a 58, and came in 7th of 10 cars.

No one has asked me to do this at waterfest since 2003. I think that speaks for itself

9. 08-10-2016 04:39 PM #184
      We were in class 7 together. I stood next to her before the awards were given out and she was talking to a younger kid (younger sibling?) and before the awards began she said "I need to know which side to go to, to get my award." Also looking back at years prior her judging scores took a major boost this year compared to the past years, from high 60s/mid 70s to the 90s now. Sure it's certainly possible that she brought it all together nicely over the past year. But comparing the scores of all thr class winners, there were only 2/3 cars with a higher overall score then hers. Coupling that with the comment she made, it just seems a bit off to me.

I got to meet a bunch of people in my class and traded some war stories about our cars and had a great time sharing a canopy tent (what a life saver), that it just really not cool to see all these guy and gals slighted over someone who receives an unfair advantage. I was more upset that the guy parked next to me didn't win after hearing his and his cars back story then myself.

Anywho, I would really be interested in learning what exactly I could improve upon, from my score standpoint. Is there anyway to see/know what the scores were in the breakdown by category? Example: exterior, interior, etc.

Vehicles
      2008 VW R32
      08-13-2016 11:08 PM #185
      Hey DaddyOfPayton, I sent you a PM about the R32 61 class but haven't heard back. Just was wondering what was up?
      Formerly: mkiiijettadude

EURO NATION MEDIA / / /
      facebook | flickr | youtube
      IG Jpmay_R32 euronationmedia

08-14-2016 08:01 AM #186
      Quote Originally Posted by Bagged_VW View Post
      Hey DaddyOfPayton, I sent you a PM about the R32 61 class but haven't heard back. Just was wondering what was up?
      I'm still working on it. The items I need are in someone else's possession.

12. 08-21-2016 01:26 PM #187
      Anyway to get a breakdown of my score? Just curious what I need to improve upon when going up against someone who is being judged by their fiancé lol

For advertising information click HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678