Forgot your password?

The Car Lounge
    Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
    1. Member
      Vehicles
      2015 GMC Sierra, 1998 TJ 5.3L/465/Atlas, 1996 F250
      04-01-2017 09:51 AM #451
      Quote Originally Posted by Vanilla_Coke View Post
      I would love to find a base sport pizza cutters and all for a daily.
      mmm pizza. I miss my pizza cutters.

2. 04-04-2017 08:07 PM #452
      Is the windshield angled a little bit more now for lowering drag perhaps?

Vehicles
      2008 Ram 2500
      04-15-2017 11:51 PM #453
      Spent all week at Easter Jeep Safari in Moab. Not a single sighting of the new Wrangler, not even a grumble about it. They are really doing a good job keeping this this under wraps. Lots of previous year Jeep prototypes and crazy vehicles though.

Vehicles
      2000 Dodge Durango
      04-16-2017 12:34 AM #454
      I'm a pretty hard core Jeep lover, and I've been saving up for a Jeep Wrangler for roughly 2 years now. I've been trying to decide between the current JK, and the upcoming JL.

I was on the fence, for I didn't have enough info on the JL to decide. I liked the idea of a fresh, modern designed Jeep, the idea of a 8 speed, LED headlights with halo rings, better axles, and updated creature comforts, etc, but they leaked pictures killed it for me. I don't like the turn signals in the front of the fender, I don't like how the headlights are indented into the grille, I don't like the increased windshield rack, the added length between the fenders and the front door, and the body crease on the side looks off to me. I'm an extremtly visual person, and IMHO, the JKU looks better than the JLU. I'm sure it'll sell well, and it will be great. I hope it sells well and is popular; success of the Jeep brand is a good thing for us Jeep nuts.

That being said, I'm going to pick up either a late 2017 JKU, or a 2018 JKU later this year. The JKU is now 10 years old, so by now any issues have been solved, and tweaks and improvements have been made. Also, all the trouble issues and points and been either found, and the aftermarket has created improvements and fixes for them. Speaking of aftermarket, the JK/JKU is the most customize able SUV/Car ever to be created; the after market is freaking huge, with endless mods and accessories. The 2018 JKU for example, is going to be the best JKU to ever be created. Out of all of the model years for the JK, the 2018 is going to be the most sought after and value model year most likely. (Time will tell) To me, the JKU is better for what I like and want.
      Quote Originally Posted by wonderboy! View Post
      The one part of the car that actually touches the road is the one people cheap out on the most
      Quote Originally Posted by jaystone View Post
      They are only NEW once, the rest of their existence is that of decay. Like life, it's not about lasting forever but making the best of what little time we do have.
      Impatiently waiting to buy a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JKU)

5. 04-16-2017 12:48 AM #455
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
      I'm a pretty hard core Jeep lover, and I've been saving up for a Jeep Wrangler for roughly 2 years now. I've been trying to decide between the current JK, and the upcoming JL.

I was on the fence, for I didn't have enough info on the JL to decide. I liked the idea of a fresh, modern designed Jeep, the idea of a 8 speed, LED headlights with halo rings, better axles, and updated creature comforts, etc, but they leaked pictures killed it for me. I don't like the turn signals in the front of the fender, I don't like how the headlights are indented into the grille, I don't like the increased windshield rack, the added length between the fenders and the front door, and the body crease on the side looks off to me. I'm an extremtly visual person, and IMHO, the JKU looks better than the JLU. I'm sure it'll sell well, and it will be great. I hope it sells well and is popular; success of the Jeep brand is a good thing for us Jeep nuts.

That being said, I'm going to pick up either a late 2017 JKU, or a 2018 JKU later this year. The JKU is now 10 years old, so by now any issues have been solved, and tweaks and improvements have been made. Also, all the trouble issues and points and been either found, and the aftermarket has created improvements and fixes for them. Speaking of aftermarket, the JK/JKU is the most customize able SUV/Car ever to be created; the after market is freaking huge, with endless mods and accessories. The 2018 JKU for example, is going to be the best JKU to ever be created. Out of all of the model years for the JK, the 2018 is going to be the most sought after and value model year most likely. (Time will tell) To me, the JKU is better for what I like and want.
      Don't fool yourself, there are issues with the JK, that being said, I have a feeling the JK is going to be a better product than the JL, FCA touched this from top to bottom...
      Quote Originally Posted by Subwoofers View Post
      You must be a professional troll in real life.
      Quote Originally Posted by Crob View Post
      I'm more amused by the scientific formulas people bring up to justify why a BRZ lost to a Megane. Like really? All that college education you paid for and a BRZ is that important to you to go into some asinine explanation about how it's still a good track car?

Vehicles
      2000 Dodge Durango
      04-16-2017 12:56 AM #456
      Don't fool yourself, there are issues with the JK, that being said, I have a feeling the JK is going to be a better product than the JL, FCA touched this from top to bottom...
      Well, to be fair I was cocky with that statement. I should have said they fixed a lot of the issues, but there's still issues like leaking tops and other little things like that. I also fully agree with your last statement.
      Last edited by Wolfslash16; 04-16-2017 at 01:02 AM.
      The one part of the car that actually touches the road is the one people cheap out on the most
      They are only NEW once, the rest of their existence is that of decay. Like life, it's not about lasting forever but making the best of what little time we do have.

Vehicles
      1984 Mercedes-Benz 300TDT, 1994 Miata R-Package
      04-19-2017 10:37 PM #457
      http://www.wranglerjlforum.com/foru...table-top.746/

The most interesting photo is the one above which provides a never-before-seen look at the interior roof, overhead console and windshield area. In the overhead console between the sunvisors is a cluster of new levers, buttons and switches that do not exist on the comparatively spartan JK Wrangler. This button cluster immediately reminded us of the Jeep Renegade when equipped with the MySky power retractable roof which has a large middle control button that automatically slides the panel back or tilts it upwards. So we decided to dig deeper to confirm our suspicions...

When we asked some trusted sources whether these controls were a derivation of the Jeep Renegade's MySky power retractable roof, we were told affirmatively that we were "on the right track." Examining the photo closely, we can see a large middle control button and two rows of switches ahead of it. These switches would presumably automatically retract the roof panels allowing them to slide backwards. The panels could still be completely removed with an updated latch (see the levers with teeth) that release from the interior. The panels would then be lifted up from the top of the vehicle and could be easily stored in the trunk. See this MySky demo video for a preview of how this could operate.

Based on this image and information provided by our sources we believe the JL Wrangler will get a multi-function roof that combines both mechanical and powered functionality into a single set up. It would be a groundbreaking first-ever feature for the Jeep Wrangler.

As we've noted in our JL/JLU/JT info compilation, we know that the JL/JLU will have a true 3 piece hardtop, interchangeable hard and soft top, and an optional hardtop glass panel. We've also heard that these options may be able to be combined for incredible flexibility depending on your tastes and preferences -- think glass over the front, soft canvas in the middle and hard vinyl for the rear. There should also be a power soft top with sliding/accordion style top.

With this added MySky-like power functionality, the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL's top could truly offer jack-of-all-trades functionality. We're still digging to see if we can get more roof details and a clearer look inside so stay tuned for updates and let us know what you think!

See below for the remaining images which also show the grab bar handles attached to the A pillar, among other things:

Twitter | Tumblr | Instagram | PSN: dsgolson | XBL: Ryukein
      Quote Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
      In after Ryukein seal of approval.
      Quote Originally Posted by IridiumB6 View Post
      Your photos don't qualify for the Ryukein seal of approval
      |||||||

Vehicles
      1977 MGB, 1979 Cougar, 1980 Citation, 1999 F-250 7.3, 2007 Prius
      04-19-2017 11:08 PM #458
      Whatever. I bought myself a 23-year-old Geo Tracker. None of this matters now.

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Tiguan SEL 4MO; 2012 Beetle w/Sunroof
      04-19-2017 11:08 PM #459
      the jl is turning out to be a grand slam...how much longer must we wait for the reveal??

Vehicles
      2000 Dodge Durango
      04-20-2017 01:09 AM #460
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      the jl is turning out to be a grand slam...how much longer must we wait for the reveal??
      No one is sure yet. It might just be randomly dropped this summer...

What's interesting to see is that not all the trim levels are going to have LED lights, a JLU was spotted today with incandescent fender and headlights.
      Last edited by Wolfslash16; 04-20-2017 at 01:11 AM.

Vehicles
      '12 FJ Cruiser 6MT, '15 Triumph ST3
      04-20-2017 07:27 AM #461
      A Dodge/Jeep/Mopar whatever tech was in the shop yesterday for other business and mentioned they're already training for these things.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jeep Wrangler
      04-20-2017 07:45 AM #462

Other than the more steeply raked windshield, all of the styling changes, which you list, have been used on various Wrangler/CJs in the past.
      There's really nothing new there to dislike, if you've liked Wrangler/CJs of the past.

13. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jeep Wrangler
      04-20-2017 07:53 AM #463
      The JK was developed and launched while Daimler was trying to off-load Chrysler Corp to Cerebus (which had NO auto manufacturing experience).
      If you think an all FCA developed product will be worse than a product developed and launched by an inattentive parent and an inexperience adoptive parent, I think you need to revisit all of the teething pains the JK/JKU had in 2007/2008. Jeep was at a horrible low point under Daimler/Cerebus. The current Grand Cherokee was the bright spot, but the Patriot/Compass, Commander, and first two years of the JK/JKU were very poorly executed products.

Vehicles
      2013 Conestoga Wagon
      04-20-2017 08:48 AM #464
      Yeah, WhiteJeep nailed it. The stuff Jeep did right - frame, suspension, steering (except for poorly sized trackbar bolts), manual trans, axles, and frame have been spot on for the JK since it is all upsized late TJ stuff. Chrysler dropped the ball by launching with the awful 3.8L, stone age 42RLE, and really low quality interior. I guess the only alternative to the ancient minivan 3.8L (turrible Mitsubishi sourced V6) would have been the equally mediocre 3.7L in the Ram, Durango, WK, and KL. Atleast they could have bolted the great Benz NAG1 5AT to the 3.7L and made the JK feel a little more mod ern.

I'd like to talk to the early JK product team and find out why they launched with such a mediocre product - I'm guessing that the 4door really ate up a lot of dollars and they were against the wall to make money or Chrysler was going to tank.

Now for the JL - it's looking bigger and bigger with each spyshot/leak, That windshield header console means that the removable hard top panels are starting further back behind the sunvisors, should help prevent leaks as the front seal is not directly in the slipstream like the JK. There is some kind of bulge in the hood too.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      04-20-2017 09:40 AM #465
      No one is sure yet. It might just be randomly dropped this summer...

What's interesting to see is that not all the trim levels are going to have LED lights, a JLU was spotted today with incandescent fender and headlights.
      I'd guess probably Sahara and above will have all the lighting goodies. Still going to probably have total stripper models for those who want to build them up, at least in the beginning - at some point I'm sure the lighting will make it's way to be standard across the JL lineup as the platform ages.

16. 04-20-2017 11:36 AM #466
      Really liking what I see here. This thing has serious potential.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jeep Wrangler
      04-21-2017 12:35 PM #467
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      Really liking what I see here. This thing has serious potential.
      I'm really liking what I see here, because it won't make my current gen (JK/JKU) look old and outdated.

18. 04-21-2017 12:46 PM #468
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      I'm really liking what I see here, because it won't make my current gen (JK/JKU) look old and outdated.
      Does any Jeep look old and outdated? Maybe the YJ with it's square headlights, but the CJ7 sure doesn't look 40 years old.

19. Member
      Vehicles
      2012 Jeep Wrangler
      04-21-2017 02:02 PM #469
      Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
      Does any Jeep look old and outdated? Maybe the YJ with it's square headlights, but the CJ7 sure doesn't look 40 years old.
      The JKU was the biggest evolutionary step that the Wrangler/CJ has ever seen. The change in dominant bodystyle was definitely a line in the sand, between past and present. I also think the two door/JK has pretty significantly different proportions than the previous TJ, YJ, and CJs.

Vehicles
      2006 Toyota Tacoma, 2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
      04-27-2017 03:23 PM #470
      Looks like another truck was spotted
      http://jalo.ps/9gxMqQ8

Vehicles
      2006 Toyota Tacoma, 2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
      04-27-2017 03:23 PM #471

Vehicles
      04-27-2017 03:24 PM #472
      ^ It's using the final bed, now! No more Ram bed.

Saw a base-spec Wrangler prototype this morning. Halogen headlights, no LED strip in the fenders.
      |||||||

23. Member
      Vehicles
      04-27-2017 03:24 PM #473
      these super camod spy pics are just getting boring at this point

Vehicles
      04-27-2017 03:28 PM #474
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      these super camod spy pics are just getting boring at this point
      Then stop looking at them.
      |||||||

25. Member
      Vehicles
      04-27-2017 03:32 PM #475
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      Then stop looking at them.
      every time i come in here i hope to see at least one thick padded piece of camo drop but nope, same sh!t every time.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast