Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      98 2.0 Jetta, 88 16v ABA gti
      10-11-2016 04:00 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by accRazor View Post
      GAP Oil pumps are know to fail and cause all sorts of problems, take a look at this thread. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...1#post88037785
      Definitely won't be using that pump again. Currently am using an OEM pump with ~130k (allegedly) and will be ordering oil pressure and temperature gauges soon. I saw USRT and TT offer high flow oil pumps, anyone have experience with them or recommendations?

Vehicles
      '99 mk3 Golf Wolfsburg (Black, 5spd, 239k mi +), '89 BMW E30 325iS 5spd RACE CAR
      10-18-2016 02:37 AM #27
      DAMN!!! that stinks. your intermediate pulley wasnt loose or anything weird with it lined up? did you prime the oil pump before you started the motor? is this GAP as in German Auto Parts?? if so, call Nathan up there and tell them about it. maybe they will warranty the pump or give you a credit for other parts there. i have been there before with rod bearings gone...it sucks. we got our oil pressure and temp gauges from 42 Draft Designs. and i can definitely recommend USRT and Techtonics for everything...great tried and true performance products. hope ya get back out there! i might be workin on the new race car in the next week finally...should be ready for next season

Quote Originally Posted by balisong25 View Post
      Definitely won't be using that pump again. Currently am using an OEM pump with ~130k (allegedly) and will be ordering oil pressure and temperature gauges soon. I saw USRT and TT offer high flow oil pumps, anyone have experience with them or recommendations?
      take the road less travelled...

3. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      10-19-2016 02:45 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by The Big V View Post
      DAMN!!! that stinks. your intermediate pulley wasnt loose or anything weird with it lined up? did you prime the oil pump before you started the motor? is this GAP as in German Auto Parts?? if so, call Nathan up there and tell them about it. maybe they will warranty the pump or give you a credit for other parts there. i have been there before with rod bearings gone...it sucks. we got our oil pressure and temp gauges from 42 Draft Designs. and i can definitely recommend USRT and Techtonics for everything...great tried and true performance products. hope ya get back out there! i might be workin on the new race car in the next week finally...should be ready for next season
      Yeah, it was a pretty big bummer losing an entire track day . Luckily my spare block was all in spec and went together without complications. I have 2 events and 1 practice session on the new rebuilt motor and it seems to be holding together well. I'm planning on dropping the oil pan to see how things look and recheck rod and main bolt torques either this weekend or next. No more autox or track days this year so hopefully I put some more street miles on it before we get snow and then it will be off the road for the winter. I have a few ideas for winter projects, but not 100% what I will end up doing yet. Good luck with the E30, I'm excited to see how it turns out!

4. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      03-03-2017 09:42 PM #29
      Haven't touched the car since putting it away for the winter. Plans are to install oil pressure and temperature gauges, mount my new stickier tires, and put some king xp rod bearings in. Reliability is the goal for this season and maybe add power next winter.
      I've been getting pretty excited about this upcoming season and found some pics I haven't uploaded. Enjoy some cone killing and three wheeling.

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      04-21-2017 11:34 AM #30
      Small update. The car still starts and runs . I mounted new tires and installed oil temp and pressure gauges. Planning on putting some miles on it this weekend to find any bugs. Very excited for this season!

Vehicles
      '92 GTI 1.8T
      04-21-2017 12:57 PM #31
      Fantastic project! You're giving me inspiration to finish mine!

My goal is similar...weekend track/fun car. Might get it cranked over if today goes well.
      Quote Originally Posted by SGLoki View Post
      I believe rupaul is the tallest trans.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12