Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
      Vehicles
      German/American/Italian
      02-22-2017 07:44 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by WhatBlueVW View Post
      Sure, it sounds sci-fi, but just like flying cars vs. wheeled cars, physics just isn't there for you. You will always be in the realm of "meh, it's good enough, I guess" compared to a wired connection.
      Are you talking about sounds quality or other aspects ? If former, that has more to do with bluetooth bandwidth and associated lossless codec. No different to being able to watch HD video over modern WiFi or 4G network.
      🍵 🚴 🍲 💤
      "I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are. Very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad."

2. 02-23-2017 11:40 AM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by J-Tim View Post
      Are you talking about sounds quality or other aspects ? If former, that has more to do with bluetooth bandwidth and associated lossless codec. No different to being able to watch HD video over modern WiFi or 4G network.
      It's a lot of things. Current bluetooth doesn't have the bandwidth (even the Apple implementation), similar to how you still can't watch 4k videos very well over wi-fi (don't even think about it over 4G) sure I have, but I have never had longer than 1 hour stretch without some glitch or buffering stutter and forget about seamless pausing and rewinding. I have one of those Nighthawk routers and 400MBps net connection too so it's not like I don't have the hardware. The TVs I have hooked up to the ethernet on the other hand have no problems skipping around. But yes, that can be taken care of mostly by advancing tech.

The things I'm talking about are shielding from interference, latency, compactness:performance ratio of the total system, energy usage. The first is a big deal to me because I have not had a bluetooth system that doesn't have interference when I am working at a Class A hood, near many hospital equipment (CT scanners down the hall knock bluetooth out), a lot of my lawn care equipment (heck, even a Jacuzzi at full boil knocks them out).

I also never have to charge up my headphones and have no tangle to worry about with cable management.

Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris LE
      02-27-2017 10:23 PM #128
      Got a new phone, has both removable battery AND headphone jack

I love the V20!
      Attention: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma you may to be entitled to financial compensation. Mesothelioma is a rare cancer linked to asbestos exposure. Exposure to asbestos in the Navy, shipyards, mills, heating, construction or the automotive industries may put you at risk. Please don't wait, call 1-800-99 LAW USA today for a free legal consultation and financial information packet. Mesothelioma patients call now!

02-28-2017 12:26 PM #129
      On topic, CNBC was reporting rumors that the iPhone 8 will drop the Lightning connector, so all those Lightning to 3.5mm adapters will be worthless on the iPhone 8 when it goes to USB Type-C instead.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/28/apple...-iphone-8.html

Vehicles
      '15 RSM e-Golf SEL | '15 CW Passat TSI SEL
      02-28-2017 06:21 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      On topic, CNBC was reporting rumors that the iPhone 8 will drop the Lightning connector, so all those Lightning to 3.5mm adapters will be worthless on the iPhone 8 when it goes to USB Type-C instead.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/28/apple...-iphone-8.html
      sucks if you bought these.

Vehicles
      02-28-2017 07:40 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by Perceptive Bunny View Post
      I cannot believe LG decided to not bring the hi-fi dac to The States with the G6. But then again the V20 would lose its niche.
      Yea I don't know why they did that. I don't think the V series is that popular, certainly not as popular as the G which is their flagship model. I don't think it would really cannibalize their sales but I guess LG will do whatever they think is necessary since it's a tough market. On the flipside they already have a good lead on the next Galaxy line.

I just hope they do better overall as they make great devices. BTW I never experienced the bootloop issue that plagued the G4 and some G3's. I just upgraded to the V20 from the G3 a month ago. The G was still as fresh as new, aftermarket rom & new battery aside.
      Attention: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma you may to be entitled to financial compensation. Mesothelioma is a rare cancer linked to asbestos exposure. Exposure to asbestos in the Navy, shipyards, mills, heating, construction or the automotive industries may put you at risk. Please don't wait, call 1-800-99 LAW USA today for a free legal consultation and financial information packet. Mesothelioma patients call now!

Vehicles
      '94 Miata - '05 4Runner - '10 Prius
      04-12-2017 10:53 PM #132
      So I wound up getting the 7 Plus. Love the big screen, but miss the headphone jack. At a minimum I need to get another set of lighting headphones. I keep the adaptor in the car on my cassette adaptor. This will eventually force me to replace my stereo with a Bluetooth unit.

Vehicles
      04-13-2017 04:12 AM #133
      Sony came out with a ridiculously slow motion camera at MWC. They have a model airplane going in circles and you can see the propeller spin ultra slow at 960fps. Believe it's called the eye motion camera and it's very cool.
      I saw that video. Sony is also one of the big OEM's for camera sensors so maybe after this has been on the market for a bit they will start providing that sensor for other manufacturers.

Vehicles
      04-13-2017 10:00 AM #134
      DO NOT BUY ANOTHER PAIR OF LIGHTENING HEADPHONES, at least not expensive one's unless you plan to keep the phone for a long period: they are ditching the lightening cable.
      Good advice, I guess I'll just get a second adapter.

Vehicles
      04-17-2017 11:47 AM #135
      DO NOT BUY ANOTHER PAIR OF LIGHTENING HEADPHONES, at least not expensive one's unless you plan to keep the phone for a long period: they are ditching the lightening cable.
      BT headphones are the way to go... the headphone jack removal "forced" me to buy a BT pair. Cant believe I waited so long. So nice to not be tethered down.

Vehicles
      04-19-2017 12:14 PM #136
      Which pair did you go with? I researched quite a bit and would have liked complete wireless buds, but tech-wise we are currently not there yet. So I fell on these Taotronics and very pleased with hoe they sound for the price. I did order some Comply foam tips made for the pair; so they ended up costing a bit more for the complete seal and fitment I am looking for.

https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...oth+headphones

Also I am incredibly disappointed at myself. Dropped my phone yesterday. Twice. The flimsy 2mm thick clear case came right off during the first fall. Then I dropped it again while picking it up and nicked it all around the body.. facking derp
      Right now I'm using Bose SoundSport earbuds and occasionally borrow the wife's QC35s. I know it's sacrilegious to bring up Bose to Audiophiles but I'm happy with them and any sort of audio playback on my phone is compressed files anyways. The BT range is good, not great. I don't have range issues when on the same floor but being on separate floors pushes the range limit. I was thinking of getting the Jaybirds but their price was close to the Bose pair so I went with them since they've been established longer, should i need warranty support etc.

I had purchased a few other cheaper model earbuds but most of them had horrible range. You needed to have the phone in your pocket to stay within range.

Vehicles
      04-19-2017 10:01 PM #137
      I use a pair of non soundsport buds, the normal ones. I will say that they are the ONLY earbuds I've ever worn that don't hurt my ears after prolonged use. They are super comfortable. Sound wise I've used better but if earbuds start to hurt after a while your probably not going to be wearing them very long.

Bose earbuds 10/10 comfort and ergonomics. I'll give them that.

Vehicles
      04-21-2017 10:27 AM #138
      Haven't tried them out yet.

In other news-- I was looking for info on who will manufacture Apple's new touch screen home button: come to find out they will be moving it to the back like all other android big guns. Lol.. Apple's innovating days are done!
      I'm a total Apple fanboy, and will probably always have their products, but it's a fact that the current crew running the show are not innovators. They are focused only on sales and finances. True Apple innovation died with Steve Jobs.

Vehicles
      04-28-2017 01:13 PM #139
      For the life of me, I could not find who's manufacturing the screens/home buttons. There were rumours of it being either Toshiba or Sharp and I was hoping to throw down on a few shares.

And now today, I found engineers schematics with no home button on the back. And vertical camera setup.. ew. Maybe the apple logo on the back is the home button.

I think this would be the best for aesthetics.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast