KilometerMagazine.com - Removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack on iphone 7
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    1. 09-27-2016 01:38 PM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by Timmayy View Post
      Oh, and its cool. Regardless, you know what's something new I learned from this test?

Rather than buying the dac module for the G5 which changes the phones dimensions in length and bulk, you can get as close results with its 24bit rate oem jack, just by purchasing a good pair of headphones. I think LG caught the gist of this and decided on a better dac. I'll check it out now
      Yeah, I was thinking, "well, crap, what a waste..." I was actually kind of jealous about the module, but not anymore.

2. Banned
      09-27-2016 02:10 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by WhatBlueVW View Post
      Whups! I misunderstood. I'm sorry. This was a good read nevertheless. Thanks for this. I found it very interesting.

oh, and the source:

http://www.lg.com/ae/press-release/v20-launch

[edit:]
      BTW I read in a thread in the XDA forums (don't remember which) that the Note 7 US version doesn't have a standalone DAC like the international version (which uses standalone a Wolffson DAC). It just uses the one in the 820. Sure it's better than the 16bit one in the Apple (they are at about 95 dB dynamic range, which is even worse than a Note 3!), but it's not that great comparatively.
      Just having the efficiency of the exynos chip is a good reason to purchase that variant, let alone the included Wolffson dac. But here's why I refrain from purchasing the int variant: I would have to buy it out-right and off contract. I don't think that's a good idea for a phone with a sealed batt. With providers, I can trade in upgrade in two years. Now in the case of the V20, if they don't include the B&O program/ess dac, then it makes sense buying int and keeping it past two years.

I've also heard that the V20 is water resistance. As in splash proof to a certain degree; not sure of the rating. I have yet to confirm this but it would definitely steer me away with the note. I've seen lag on the note7 firsthand. I've seen poor ram management with apps having to reload. Not sure if it's the case with every unit but it's non existent in the exynos variant. Also heard rumours there will be no more snapdragon variants on the S8 lineup.

I have a soft spot for LG's smart settings and if everything falls through with the better dac and waterproofing, I might go that way. I just hope they don't **** up the display in their greatest multimedia consumption smartphone ever. The G5's is horrible. I don't know how my friend is fine with it. If not for the screen, I'd have a g5 right now. It's current $400 brand new unlocked price beats everything out there.

3. Banned
      09-27-2016 04:42 PM #78
      Lol! This fcukin' guy Forward to 10:40... His q&a is the worst. Had the phone 3 days but cannot answer half the questions. Too many wannabe techies with their comiccon shirts on YouTube reviewing units.

Last edited by Timmayy; 09-27-2016 at 04:44 PM.

4. Banned
      09-29-2016 08:37 PM #79
      They pushed back orders for lgv20 to Oct 17 from the 2nd. And note 7s are still going kaboom with the new replacements

5. Banned
      09-30-2016 12:23 PM #80
      Just received some promising batt stats with a consumer based lg v20 which dropped in Seoul yesterday. It's getting about four to four and a half hours of screen on time. Not sure how much that translate to camera on time and for the quad dac, which I also found out is two-ch so nit sure how the system works as of yet.

Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris LE
      09-30-2016 01:26 PM #81
      I love the recent LG phones. I'm still rocking a G3 and its still FAST with GREAT batt life...
      Attention: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma you may to be entitled to financial compensation. Mesothelioma is a rare cancer linked to asbestos exposure. Exposure to asbestos in the Navy, shipyards, mills, heating, construction or the automotive industries may put you at risk. Please don't wait, call 1-800-99 LAW USA today for a free legal consultation and financial information packet. Mesothelioma patients call now!

7. Banned
      09-30-2016 03:15 PM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by KeiCar View Post
      I love the recent LG phones. I'm still rocking a G3 and its still FAST with GREAT batt life...
      I had two LG g2's and Imo they are still a beast. Im not crazy about the lg 20s form factor or the fact that they are not waterproof, but its better than the iphone7 s handabilty. Even their commercials has gotten better

8. Banned
      10-02-2016 09:24 AM #83
      Lol. My 7plus on eBay is already at $1100. People are ****ing crazy for these things; it's not even jet black. And they obviously don't care about that processors noise or how apple is choosing to not address it. Let me tell you how bad it is- I recorded something and the noise is bleeding into the video in quiet scenarios. It's a great phone and all but it's not worth $800, let alone $1100.

9. Banned
      10-02-2016 12:36 PM #84
      Thought about keeping it, but I just don't want to pull out my dongler in public.

10. Banned
      10-03-2016 12:09 PM #85
      So the updates are rolling in on the V20 if anyone is interested. I'd have assumed a barrage of yt videos from Korea where it has been released, but that does not seem to be the case.

Anyways. MKB reports that the earpiece will act as a second speaker and another video suggests you can have both wifi and cell service going at the same time.

Vehicles
      2007 Acura TSX / 2013 Toyota Yaris LE
      10-03-2016 12:48 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by Timmayy View Post
      So the updates are rolling in on the V20 if anyone is interested. I'd have assumed a barrage of yt videos from Korea where it has been released, but that does not seem to be the case.

Anyways. MKB reports that the earpiece will act as a second speaker and another video suggests you can have both wifi and cell service going at the same time.

I thought it shipped with 7.1.
      Attention: If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with Mesothelioma you may to be entitled to financial compensation. Mesothelioma is a rare cancer linked to asbestos exposure. Exposure to asbestos in the Navy, shipyards, mills, heating, construction or the automotive industries may put you at risk. Please don't wait, call 1-800-99 LAW USA today for a free legal consultation and financial information packet. Mesothelioma patients call now!

12. Banned
      10-03-2016 01:02 PM #87
      I meant the differences between the review units that were handed to reviewers, and the actual consumer model that dropped in Korea. LG was very persistence on asking the reviewers to hold back on in-depth reviews with their units. Did I just say the same thing twice

Vehicles
      '17 Scat Pack Manuel / '01 Camaro SS Manuel
      10-03-2016 04:44 PM #88
      Damn, has any phone even gotten 7.0 yet? Have nexus devices been able to get it? Considering the LG for next phone, but if Nougat can save my Note 3, i may hold off. Has gotten extremely laggy most of the time now. Really dont want to do a hard reset and start over though. May though.

14. Banned
      10-03-2016 04:54 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Power5 View Post
      Damn, has any phone even gotten 7.0 yet? Have nexus devices been able to get it? Considering the LG for next phone, but if Nougat can save my Note 3, i may hold off. Has gotten extremely laggy most of the time now. Really dont want to do a hard reset and start over though. May though.
      Nexus devices have gotten the update followed by Sony devices in beta form. I highly doubt there will be a 7.0 update for the note 3. Samsung is very incompetent when it comes to these things; sometimes pushing out updates months later than the competition.

Now here's what I've noticed between recent LG and Samsung devices- because of the amoled screens, Samsung has to pull back with ram management to save battery. This causes most programs to reload if you've passed it to the background and try to continue from where you left off. This can be taken as lag.

LG does not have this issue with the same exact components/soc/gpu. I'd be ok with a G4 if you don't need the newest gadget.
      Last edited by Timmayy; 10-03-2016 at 04:56 PM.

Vehicles
      10-03-2016 05:13 PM #90
      Hmm, thought AMOLED was better for battery life since black uses no power. My Note didnt have lag when I first got it. First 2 years really. Has only started lagging a bunch in the last year. Like it knew it was only supposed to be good for 2 years and now is designed to make me want to get a new one.

So, how do I get 7.0 without rooting?

16. Banned
      10-03-2016 05:24 PM #91
      Hmm, thought AMOLED was better for battery life since black uses no power. My Note didnt have lag when I first got it. First 2 years really. Has only started lagging a bunch in the last year. Like it knew it was only supposed to be good for 2 years and now is designed to make me want to get a new one.

So, how do I get 7.0 without rooting?
      Yes. That is true. But even then the amount of power draw is considerably higher than lcd with a lightening panel back. I like amoled tech, but it's not a must have because whites come out a tad yellowish. On that note, the iphone7+ is the most accurate color lcd screen ever produced and calibrated for a phone. Very cool. Believe it's called P3 gamet.

Do you have your transitional animations turned off from Model Build Number in your options? You have to tap it 7 times and it will give you the option to do so. This will reduce your lag by tons. Also, why don't you just install nova launcher? That version of Samsung touchwiz ux is overloaded with crappy laggy functions.
      Last edited by Timmayy; 10-03-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Vehicles
      10-03-2016 05:39 PM #92
      Animations are off and running nova.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

18. Banned
      10-03-2016 06:04 PM #93
      Animations are off and running nova.

Now heres the thing: After animation is turned off, most people take that millisec to load apps and functions as lag; it is not. The animation just keeps that moment occupied. With that in mind, if you are experiencing actual lag, then delete bloat apps. Force/stop unnecessary apps, and uninstall games you do not play. Other than that, I would manually clear my cache (most people assume it clears with reset) then reset the device again.

If all this doesn't work,then trust me, a newer version of android won't help with anything other than battery gains. I'd look into a new device. Honestly, if I wasn't nitpicking screen color accuracy and audio dads, I'd have a LG G5 in my hand right now. Zero lag with all the latest specs/socgpu for $409 new/unlocked.

Vehicles
      10-03-2016 06:11 PM #94
      Yeah, I probably need to remove some apps. But have over 1.5gb of free space so not like a full phone is causing the issues.

20. Banned
      10-03-2016 06:17 PM #95
      Yeah, I probably need to remove some apps. But have over 1.5gb of free space so not like a full phone is causing the issues.

I do know that with a lot of games, even if you don't play them, they continue to process ads/updates in the background. This happens even if you don't play them for months.

Vehicles
      10-03-2016 06:18 PM #96
      And it's simple apps sometimes too. Like messenger. Sometimes it takes a full 15 seconds, I know that is an eternity right, just to load after clicking icon. Also, while typing it lags for after few seconds then fills in words often many double words.

22. Banned
      10-03-2016 06:21 PM #97
      ..eeh! Does anyone speak Korean? What does he say about the screen? Does the earpiece work as a second speaker? Battery life?

23. Banned
      10-03-2016 06:24 PM #98
      And it's simple apps sometimes too. Like messenger. Sometimes it takes a full 15 seconds, I know that is an eternity right, just to load after clicking icon. Also, while typing it lags for after few seconds then fills in words often many double words.

Yeah. That could be your cache memory is full. Give that a shot and then reset.

24. Banned
      10-03-2016 06:34 PM #99
      Power5, I just went through the specs and there should be no reason a smap800 w. 3gigs of ram should act the way your phone is. That soc can handle marsmallow update with no issues. How's your batt? Does it drain fast or is it very old?

Try using your phone while on charging jack to see if it exhibits' the same issues.

25. Banned
      10-03-2016 06:58 PM #100

Tons of note3 lag vids. Some vids ever sporting cynagen versions of Samsun's grace ux for note7

For advertising information click HERE

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast