Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    1. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2010 4dr United Grey Golf TDI
      05-15-2017 05:57 PM #176
      I'm approaching the delivery window my dealer gave me, after such a long time (almost 9 months) waiting. The last time I spoke with them was at the end of March, and I have been the one who initiated contact to find out the status. I was thinking the car should be here soon, so I went onto VW.com this morning and saw that the dealer was going a car ALMOST matching my order. I opted for DALP on my SEL, but the car in search results had no mention of the package.

I emailed the rep, and asked for an update and sent a screenshot of the car on the website, asking if that was the car. She didn't say it was or wasn't, but said my car was slated to arrive between 5/24 and 6/10. I'm nervous that she ordered it without DALP, but the price listed for the car of the website reflects the MSRP of the SEL with DALP.

Am I insane or should I be worried?

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      05-15-2017 06:09 PM #177
      Quote Originally Posted by hopnung View Post
      I'm approaching the delivery window my dealer gave me, after such a long time (almost 9 months) waiting. The last time I spoke with them was at the end of March, and I have been the one who initiated contact to find out the status. I was thinking the car should be here soon, so I went onto VW.com this morning and saw that the dealer was going a car ALMOST matching my order. I opted for DALP on my SEL, but the car in search results had no mention of the package.

I emailed the rep, and asked for an update and sent a screenshot of the car on the website, asking if that was the car. She didn't say it was or wasn't, but said my car was slated to arrive between 5/24 and 6/10. I'm nervous that she ordered it without DALP, but the price listed for the car of the website reflects the MSRP of the SEL with DALP.

I would call them and get positive confirmation from whatever manager handles the ordering. See my post #167. I recently ordered an Alltrack with DAP and the dealer ordered it without DAP due to some shenanigans with the end of the model year. This is NOT quite the same situation as you, since you ordered a long time ago. But I only found out because I called and bugged them a few times, like you have been doing with your order. I think you owe it to yourself to get the full story. Hopefully all is well!

3. 05-15-2017 07:05 PM #178

Could try calling your insurance company with the VIN from the dealer website. They might be able to see what safety equipment is on it. For example, GEICO offers a 1% discount on cars with DRL's and that info should be tied to the VIN.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Ford Fiesta hatch; 2015 Honda CR-V EX-L
      05-16-2017 09:15 AM #179
      You should be able to find out the exact specs of that car if it has VIN. I've been bugging my dealer about my order and he told me as soon as he has a VIN he'll let me know. I didn't order my SE with any options, but I had to order to get the color combo and, most importantly, the manual tranny. Just like you I'm paranoid that it'll show up and not be what I ordered and by then it'll be too late. Good luck with yours. I guess I have it easy with only a 4 month wait time (estimated of course).

5. 05-17-2017 10:45 AM #180

I had the same issue with mine. Ordered an SEL with DALP, but VW's Find a Match said it didn't have DALP. The key is to look at the MSRP. If the MSRP includes DALP, then the car has it, even though it's not explicitly stated. Guess it's a bug with the system. SELs without DALP are normally around 34K, whereas with DALP will be high 35 or low 36k. At least that's how it worked for me. Hope you see your car soon!

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 Golf TDI, 1985 Cabriolet
      05-17-2017 06:15 PM #181
      Alltrack S 6MT silk blue/beige ordered Feb 18th, showed up in dealer stock May 13th, picking it up May 27th!! (dealer is in RI, live the other end of CT, can't get up there this weekend...) Had made the TDI sell back appointment for early July "just in case"... Looking forward to the new car!

7. 05-25-2017 04:00 PM #182
      Just picked up our Alltrack S 6MT on Monday. Night Blue/Brown. I placed the order with Valley VW in January, so just about 4 months wait. FYI - our local dealer wanted $1500 deposit (non-refundable, although he said they would refund it if it came to that) and also would not give me a price becuase they use some market-tracking thing and not enough manuals were in the system to get a baseline. Valley ordered the car with no deposit and gave me a decent price through email- I thought that was nice.

One problem I ran into was that according to them, the VW loyalty $1000 had expired. They honored it anyway, but because of that would not give me the SCCA $500 - so I joined for nothing (not that it is a waste, but with small kids I will not be going to the track any time soon.)

Lining up my first mods - clutch line diaphragm removal and GTI swaybar...

8. Yesterday 09:48 AM #183
      Has anyone seen the new 2018 Alltrack order form?

9. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      Yesterday 05:55 PM #184
      Quote Originally Posted by mydogbarney View Post
      Just picked up our Alltrack S 6MT on Monday. Night Blue/Brown. I placed the order with Valley VW in January, so just about 4 months wait. FYI - our local dealer wanted $1500 deposit (non-refundable, although he said they would refund it if it came to that) and also would not give me a price becuase they use some market-tracking thing and not enough manuals were in the system to get a baseline. Valley ordered the car with no deposit and gave me a decent price through email- I thought that was nice.

One problem I ran into was that according to them, the VW loyalty $1000 had expired. They honored it anyway, but because of that would not give me the SCCA $500 - so I joined for nothing (not that it is a waste, but with small kids I will not be going to the track any time soon.)

Lining up my first mods - clutch line diaphragm removal and GTI swaybar...
      Interesting, because my dealer offered me VW loyalty and $500 partner program rebate, and wrote it on the paperwork too. They never mentioned any relationship between the loyalty and partner discounts. I wonder what they'll do when my car arrives? And I put down a $1000 deposit, not $1500. Just more evidence that individual dealers do literally whatever they want. Best advice is just to find one that treats you best.

I haven't seen a 2018 order guide, and my dealer said they haven't either.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678