Logitech G29
      01-16-2017 11:33 AM #76
      Just 33 days until The Clash.

Vehicles
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      01-16-2017 12:43 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
      Hooooooo doggy!!

48 week schedule would have been a nightmare.

Vehicles
      Logitech G29
      01-16-2017 12:52 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodski View Post
      48 week schedule would have been a nightmare.
      It's not a 48 week schedule.

24 full length races over 24 weekends.

Then twin races would be doubleheader weekends like in Indy, meaning 24 twins = 12 weekends.

36 weekends in total so no change from the current schedule.

Vehicles
      01-16-2017 01:24 PM #79
      I'm a dumbass.

ALSO, SUAREZ BRINGIN THE HEAT.

https://twitter.com/Daniel_SuarezG/s...56152179974144

Vehicles
      2008 Outback 5spd
      01-16-2017 02:22 PM #80
      I'm a dumbass.

ALSO, SUAREZ BRINGIN THE HEAT.

https://twitter.com/Daniel_SuarezG/s...56152179974144
      *Checks Lew's Twitter page*

*Notices profile picture is taken with Mike Pence*

Everything checks out.
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      I cannot begin to imagine the amount of gas that has gone through both the engine and those seats.

01-16-2017 02:27 PM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      With the downforce created by the flat-brimmed hat now installed, the cars should all dig pretty good early-on, but push mid-corner-on.
      I just had a serious tear induced LOL
      the user formerly known as al@absolute
      17 F350 Platinum 6.7 CCSB | 17 Explorer Sport | 87 Buick Regal GN | 14 Mustang GT | 37 Plymouth Coupe | 16 Kawasaki Mule Pro-Fxt

Vehicles
      01-19-2017 01:37 PM #82

Vehicles
      02 BMW 325I 5spd/ 97 Jetta/ 2012 Acura TSX wagon / 2000 BMW 323I 5spd
      01-19-2017 02:02 PM #83
      Heck yeah. Make it happen!!

Vehicles
      2008 Outback 5spd
      01-19-2017 04:25 PM #84
      Yea, that would be awesome. Hope it materializes.
      I cannot begin to imagine the amount of gas that has gone through both the engine and those seats.

Vehicles
      Logitech G29
      01-19-2017 05:31 PM #85
      There's going to be a "big announcement" Monday where one privy member of Germain already said "it's a good thing one circus went out of business to be replaced by another".

People are speculating it's going to be a big format change for the races as far as that maybe each race is going to be an All-Star type of format... Nothing for sure has come out yet, but we'll see.

Vehicles
      01-19-2017 05:45 PM #86
      It's a moving target that almost devalues the championship.

Vehicles
      Logitech G29
      01-19-2017 05:52 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by gonzo08452 View Post
      It's a moving target that almost devalues the championship.
      I feel like we're starting to change things so much that how is one to compare the accomplishments of a champion in say 2004 to a future champion in 2024 (who knows what the sport will look like by then) when both are champions yet will maybe have had such different routes to get there. Same goes for pre chase champions and post chase champions. I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me that Jeff Gordon should have been a six time champ under the old rules in which he had won four. It creates a cutline in the history of the sport and the more we change things the more fractuted the idea of a champion becomes.

Vehicles
      1986 Cabriolet Best Seller; 1990 Vanagon Westfalia; 2016 Golf GTI S
      01-19-2017 06:32 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
      I feel like we're starting to change things so much that how is one to compare the accomplishments of a champion in say 2004 to a future champion in 2024 (who knows what the sport will look like by then) when both are champions yet will maybe have had such different routes to get there. Same goes for pre chase champions and post chase champions. I'd be lying if I said it didn't bother me that Jeff Gordon should have been a six time champ under the old rules in which he had won four. It creates a cutline in the history of the sport and the more we change things the more fractuted the idea of a champion becomes.
      Agreed.

NASCAR is practically unrecognizable today to what it was when I started paying attention to it eons ago. There are now only 4 drivers I'm a fan of (used to be double that) and even they are not enough of a draw for me to tune in to every race.

Would be great to see Dodge make a return (Pontiac too, but obviously that ain't happening ), and I've always been an advocate for NASCAR to have more flippin' road races!
      Cabby-Info.com -- Your online guide to VW Cabriolets/Rabbit Convertibles
      Old Blue's Blog -- The adventures of a 1990 Westfalia
      "Fashion is a waste of money that could be better spent on, say, maintaining your car." ~James May

Vehicles
      Logitech G29
      01-19-2017 06:58 PM #89
      I want more road races too. I can't remember the details but earlier today I read that no new tracks can be added to the schedule through 2020 because of some agreement, but that's why the Charlotte roadcourse is a loophole around that. Hopefully we see it at more venues too.

Vehicles
      2008 Outback 5spd
      01-20-2017 08:18 AM #90
      Here is a Twitter video showing a portion of the testing.

https://twitter.com/PRSHD/status/822...475648/video/1

Vehicles
      01-20-2017 09:08 AM #91
      Man, if they run the Charlotte roval, they'll need to move the S/F line. No one is gonna lift on a flyer Q lap or coming to the checkers if it's close, and to navigate T1 you'd need to be braking well before the current S/F location...they're gonna pile into something if they don't move it.

Vehicles
      01-20-2017 10:06 AM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Heffernan View Post
      Here is a Twitter video showing a portion of the testing.

https://twitter.com/PRSHD/status/822...475648/video/1
      Love it!!!!

Vehicles
      2008 Outback 5spd
      01-23-2017 07:57 AM #93
      Changes to the points system coming today.

NASCAR to announce 2017 changes on Monday

Monday at 6:00pm/et in the Charlotte Convention Center, NASCAR officials will announce format changes for the 2017 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series. Those changes could include such things as a new points system, awarding points for leading race segments, new qualifying procedures and perhaps running the Chase race at Charlotte Motor Speedway on the track's infield circuit. All of the above have been rumored in recent weeks, although none have been confirmed. During recent weeks, NASCAR officials have met with a variety of key stakeholders in the sport - track operators, team owners, drivers, sponsors and others - to discuss various options in an attempt to generate new excitement and interest into the sport in this, Monster Energy's first year as the new series entitlement sponsor.(Fox Sports) The announcement will be shown live on FoxSports 1 and NBCSN, streamed on NASCAR.com Press Pass and available on SiriusXM.(1-21-2017)

UPDATE: NASCAR is expected to announce Monday that it will change how it awards points during a race. NASCAR is expected to divide races into segments, and drivers would get points depending on their running order at the end of each segment, according to industry sources. The news conference Monday will detail the new points distribution system with the goal that drivers will have to compete for spots early in the event rather than having the option to bide their time until the end of the race before making a move. NASCAR currently awards points on a 40-to-1 scale from the highest to the lowest finisher among its 40 drivers. A driver who wins gets three bonus points, while a driver who leads a lap gets one bonus point and the driver who leads the most laps gets an additional bonus point. The way a driver qualifies to get into NASCAR's version of its playoffs - the regular-season champion and then 15 drivers based on wins with points as the tiebreaker - is not expected to change. NASCAR also has explored ways to make regular-season performance more meaningful in the playoffs, with the current format allowing drivers to carry over their bonus points from wins only into the first round.(ESPN.com)(1-21-2017)
      http://www.jayski.com/cupnews.htm#20170121c

Vehicles
      Infiniti Q50S
      01-23-2017 02:55 PM #94
      NASCAR is a total joke now. Miss the days of the earnhardt sr. era. The chase and brian france destroyed the sport, it is bleeding fans like nothing else I have seen, and I wonder if it will exist 10 years from now.
      Infiniti Q50S

Gone but not forgotten: '99 Camaro SS 6MT | '00 Mustang GT 5MT | and a bunch of Maximas and other cars...

Vehicles
      01-23-2017 03:22 PM #95
      NASCAR will exist in ten years, it is a sanctioning body, afterall.

Vehicles
      DD: Big & Black O: A4 | Uncertified Preowned: Explorer, Sportage, xB, Golf GL
      01-23-2017 03:26 PM #96
      Quote Originally Posted by paradigmGT View Post
      NASCAR is a total joke now. Miss the days of the earnhardt sr. era. The chase and brian france destroyed the sport, it is bleeding fans like nothing else I have seen, and I wonder if it will exist 10 years from now.

The Chase is ridiculous because they keep changing the format. NASCAR ran the same point system for 50+ years.

NASCAR thought people would want a playoff style point system. I don't think they did. Sure, they probably wanted wins to count for something, which the Chase now addresses. But the common misunderstanding, and I've said it here before, NASCAR is an endurance sport, and needs to be scored that way. The races are long, the season is long, and the Championship is hard to come by. There's a comparison to who would win the Championship based on the old points vs. the Chase format. Jimmie doesn't have 7 under the old style. Harvick and Edwards have multiple championships. Gordon is 5-time (iirc).

What NASCAR is going to do is make NASCAR more like fantasy football. Fantasy football is a billion dollar industry. Fantasy racing isn't, but it's pretty involved. If NASCAR starts awarding points on effort rather than finishes, we're all f**ked. It's the Daytona 500, not the 499.5 (as so many racers have found out).
      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Or some other government-sponsored illegal wiretapping app
      I find your answer vague and unconvincing.
      @mbull | instagram

Vehicles
      01-23-2017 04:37 PM #97
      Hey, maybe now Danica can win a segment or get a 7th place trophy

Vehicles
      Logitech G29
      01-23-2017 05:43 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      The Chase is ridiculous because they keep changing the format. NASCAR ran the same point system for 50+ years.

NASCAR thought people would want a playoff style point system. I don't think they did. Sure, they probably wanted wins to count for something, which the Chase now addresses. But the common misunderstanding, and I've said it here before, NASCAR is an endurance sport, and needs to be scored that way. The races are long, the season is long, and the Championship is hard to come by. There's a comparison to who would win the Championship based on the old points vs. the Chase format. Jimmie doesn't have 7 under the old style. Harvick and Edwards have multiple championships. Gordon is 5-time (iirc).

What NASCAR is going to do is make NASCAR more like fantasy football. Fantasy football is a billion dollar industry. Fantasy racing isn't, but it's pretty involved. If NASCAR starts awarding points on effort rather than finishes, we're all f**ked. It's the Daytona 500, not the 499.5 (as so many racers have found out).
      Gordon actually would have six if the Chase had never been implemented, which makes me sad to think about. And also, no, NASCAR did not run the same points system for 50+ years. No playoff system, but the scoring had changed many times through the years. For example glazing over the stats quick, 1,172 points earned Lee Petty the 1959 championship. Then in 1960 Rex White won with 21,164. Then in 1967 Richard Petty won with 42,472, but the following year in '68 the Silver Fox got it done with 3,499. And there are more changes than that, so revisions to scoring have been drastic and common before.

I can't wait for this announcement (it's gonna air live on NBCSN and FS1 btw) because I'm excited for what I've heard so far. I think scoring segments is a great idea. The problem with the sport is that only the last lap pays and nothing else matters. There's no reason to really fight to stay in the top ten or to take the lead in say the second quarter of the race. This is not an endurance sport anymore like back in the day when 500 miles was asking a lot of man and machine. So it's not long enough to be an endurance race anymore, which to me means that in a 200 lap race you've got laps 10 through maybe 170 that hardly serve any purpose expect to have the field potentially strung out with nothing happening.

Heat races are fun to watch because it's do or die and because you're scored so frequently (at the end of mini segments) that you MUST fight hard the entire event. That's what I want to see here. Maybe not heats, I mean not inversions or anything, but I want to see scoring take place more than once in a race so that the whole thing actually has value. I also wish the points were on a curve to better reward higher finishes (the F1 points model is fantastic in that regard) instead of one measly point separating each place. They should scrap the chase, put points/running order on a wicked curve, and then every single race will matter to everybody, and people will race harder than ever for each position because losing even one spot would have an impact. And

Vehicles
      Logitech G29
      01-23-2017 05:49 PM #99
      NASCAR will exist in ten years, it is a sanctioning body, afterall.
      I had a dream last night that we were at your MINI dealer talking, and then in the dream I woke up from my sleep and thought like, "Hey that's weird, I had a dream about Woodski". So then we actually met up somewhere to hangout and you were like "Hey I had a dream about you last night" and I was like "That's crazy because we were talking in a dream that I had too". And then I woke up for real and this morning at work I realized I had a dream that I had a dream about you and I was pretty mindblown for a second. I was gonna text you about it but I forgot it happened until just now.

Vehicles
      Lowered Outback, SVX, GMC Sierra
      01-23-2017 05:53 PM #100
      Instagram: calederoo

#FREEPATRIKMAN

For advertising information click HERE

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast