KilometerMagazine.com - 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE unveiled - "The most track-capable Camaro ever"
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 138
    1. Member S1ack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2005
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      411
      02-24-2017 08:34 PM #26
      Had me at "heated steering wheel"
      Turd: '91 Mazda B2600i Red
      Tobias: '99 A4 2.8 Santorin Blue
      Rolf: '16 Golf R Oryx DCC+NAV, DAP, 6MT, Uni Stg 2, DGS6SS
      Quote Originally Posted by Owner's Manual Golf GTI, Golf R, Model Year 2016
      If you are going at a speed that causes you to run off the road before ESC can provide any assistance, you may not experience the benefits of ESC

    2. Member George Bluth's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 28th, 2016
      Location
      Georgetown
      Posts
      1,374
      Vehicles
      UberBlack
      02-24-2017 08:52 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Perceptive Bunny View Post
      What is so crazy about that: it suits his taste. And I do find this very good looking vs. the z28. Especially those door runners. However, all I can think of now is how much the z28 will depreciate into my favor, give it a year or two. I'd like to track one.
      You're on TCL, dude. You know this.

      Go to strettyend's GT3 thread. A guy with a Golf said "meh."

    3. 02-24-2017 09:06 PM #28
      Seems a redundant amount of 1's and L's



      And my trousers are tiiiiggghhhht.

    4. Global Moderator MylesPH1's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 6th, 2000
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      5,413
      Vehicles
      One E24, One W124, One P2
      02-24-2017 09:20 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by NoXenons View Post
      Wait.. what?
      If I may interpret, this seems to mean that you might be the guy that has a legit beef with Chevy here.

      I didn't see this coming, but WOW
      - A bunch of old, tough, unbreakable German iron
      - One temperamental, stubborn, fragile Italian thing
      - One Swedish memoriam

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 21st, 2010
      Location
      Oxford, Pa
      Posts
      1,198
      Vehicles
      2002 Jeep GC Limited, 2016 Mustang GT A6 Deep Impact Blue
      02-24-2017 09:40 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by 82Turbo930 View Post
      I like the engine.

      How much is this thing going to cost? $50K? $60K? That's a lot of money for a Camaro
      ummmm yeah, that's not happening! probably no less than $70k msrp then the greedy dealer markups.......

      Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge on Tapatalk

    6. Senior Member AZGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2000
      Location
      Phoenix area
      Posts
      28,720
      02-24-2017 09:53 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
      ummmm yeah, that's not happening! probably no less than $70k msrp then the greedy dealer markups.......
      At first, I'm sure, but there were leftover ZL1s of the previous generation that ended up getting blown out for $50k, new, never registered due to oversupply. If the same thing happens with this one then some deals are certainly possible again.

    7. Member ctAL's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 6th, 2013
      Location
      connecticut
      Posts
      267
      Vehicles
      2015 Audi S3 Prestige
      02-24-2017 09:54 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by VarianceVQ View Post
      Probably a weird way to put this: It's probably the most badass car I have no interest in owning.

      On paper, I should like the Camaro but... It's just never been a car that's ever been in my dream garage.



      Well said, well said.
      ACNA

    8. Member cournot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 10th, 2015
      Location
      Ivory Tower, MA
      Posts
      1,466
      Vehicles
      2011 Si
      02-24-2017 09:57 PM #33
      Did not expect this. Wow.

    9. Member The A1 and A2 German's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 17th, 2002
      Location
      Tempe, AZ 85281
      Posts
      14,309
      Vehicles
      Sonoma S-15, Mark 3 Caddy, Audi A4, 71 CL175, 71 CB350, 69 Stinger, V-Twin Chopper, A4 SC'd Avant,
      02-24-2017 10:08 PM #34
      "Americans! Why you no turn!"


      As if there has been an agreement between our European counterparts to stay specialized in one field for the past 30 years, and not tread on each others strong points.....and that agreement just broke.


      All I have to say is, good for them.
      FS:Custom '73 CB350 Museum Piece, 8 miles FS:3 Piece I-Forged 19" Rims
      FS:Custom '69 Stinger: SOLD FS:10' VTWIN Chopper SOLD :

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 1st, 2012
      Location
      MI
      Posts
      2,915
      Vehicles
      2005 Acura TSX
      02-24-2017 10:51 PM #35
      Looking forward to this vs. Porsche RS comparo.

    11. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      12,877
      Vehicles
      2011 GTI 2dr 6M, 2014 JKU
      02-25-2017 12:11 AM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Perceptive Bunny View Post
      What is so crazy about that: it suits his taste. And I do find this very good looking vs. the z28. Especially those door runners. However, all I can think of now is how much the z28 will depreciate into my favor, give it a year or two. I'd like to track one.
      Quote Originally Posted by George Bluth View Post
      You're on TCL, dude. You know this.

      Go to strettyend's GT3 thread. A guy with a Golf said "meh."
      The car is cool, for sure. It's just not gorgeous.

      I'm sure someone will yell "pointy elbows" but;

      - The wheels are gross, both design and color
      - the winglets in front although likely functional, aren't attractive
      - the "mesh" in the grille looks like it was made by APC
      - the third riser in the middle of the spoiler is ugly
      - although easily changed, the badge is stuck on the bumper?

      Just an opinion
      The OG Russells is back!

      Quote Originally Posted by Sump View Post
      I'm sure a lot of these guys went home after the carwash and played a little hans solo.

    12. Member Form Ocean's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 6th, 2000
      Location
      DFW, TX
      Posts
      1,278
      Vehicles
      2010 GTI, 2001.5 Passat, 2010 Civic, 2006 Pilot
      02-25-2017 12:22 AM #37
      What they've done with the Camaro program is amazing. The halo trims are jaw-dropping, but I wouldn't kick a V6 1LE out of bed.

    13. Member Avus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 20th, 2000
      Location
      Toronto
      Posts
      11,047
      Vehicles
      2008 Hyundai Accent, 2007 S2000
      02-25-2017 12:25 AM #38
      This is the reason why Corvette need to go MR.
      “I am not a Mac user unless under duress.” - John Carmack

    14. Junior Member chipstaagram's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 7th, 2016
      Location
      Boston, MA
      Posts
      51
      Vehicles
      2014 GLI Edition 30 6MT; 1939 MG TA
      02-25-2017 01:26 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post
      This is the reason why Corvette need to go MR.
      Indeed. At this point what more can possibly be gained from an FR setup (at least in terms of track times). Without going to the hybrid side of the coin; what more can they wring from the Corvette as an FR? I mean the Z06 has heat-sink issues, and yet is still just ballistically fast around a track, and while R&T called the GS the better track car- they both rip no doubt about it. The question arises when a Camaro is doing 1.10 G's; able to keep up with and occasionally best Porsche GT cars on the track... It will certainly be an interesting few years and, honestly, the best time to be alive for genuine enthusiasts.

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 1st, 2013
      Posts
      1,237
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf R 2-door base DBP
      02-25-2017 01:56 AM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Carson Fiber View Post
      Will it eat the 800 plus HP Challenger Demon on the dragstrip?
      I don't know about the strip, but I'll take my odds with this Camaro on the *track*.
      Let them eat cake...

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 9th, 2006
      Location
      Poughkeepsie, NY
      Posts
      883
      Vehicles
      F80 M3 SS/SO
      02-25-2017 08:41 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by chipstaagram View Post
      Indeed. At this point what more can possibly be gained from an FR setup (at least in terms of track times). Without going to the hybrid side of the coin; what more can they wring from the Corvette as an FR? I mean the Z06 has heat-sink issues, and yet is still just ballistically fast around a track, and while R&T called the GS the better track car- they both rip no doubt about it. The question arises when a Camaro is doing 1.10 G's; able to keep up with and occasionally best Porsche GT cars on the track... It will certainly be an interesting few years and, honestly, the best time to be alive for genuine enthusiasts.
      tells me GM is putting more engineering focus into ****ing camaros then vettes.

    17. Senior Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      33,079
      Vehicles
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      02-25-2017 09:20 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by MaX PL View Post
      tells me GM is putting more engineering focus into ****ing camaros then vettes.
      This tells me you haven't read the mid-engine Corvette threads.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    18. Member 2 doors's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2003
      Location
      Baltimore, MD
      Posts
      4,409
      Vehicles
      '16 e-Golf SE, '00 GTI 1.8t, '15 Accord Sport CVT, '92 F-250 4X4
      02-25-2017 10:23 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Boober_V2.0 View Post
      Seems a redundant amount of 1's and L's
      They should have called it the ZL1 1LZ.

      I am glad they refrained from Z/28 on this one. Keep that for an na car.

    19. Member ZPayne's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2014
      Location
      Frederick, MD
      Posts
      3,515
      Vehicles
      2017 VW Golf R
      02-25-2017 11:00 AM #44
      Looks perfect. There are very few cars I like a wing on, really just the Porsche GT's and now this Camaro. Just missing a rear seat delete and a roll cage in the back. Why not go all-out budget GT3 RS mode? I guess they're saving that for the Z28?
      Last edited by ZPayne; 02-25-2017 at 11:07 AM.

    20. Senior Member AZGolf's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 6th, 2000
      Location
      Phoenix area
      Posts
      28,720
      02-25-2017 11:11 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by ZPayne View Post
      Looks perfect. There are very few cars I like a wing on, really just the Porsche GT's and now this Camaro. Just missing a rear seat delete and a roll cage in the back. Why not go all-out budget GT3 RS mode? I guess they're saving that for the Z28?
      Porsche makes a dozen different versions of the Cayman & 911. I think it would be pretty cool to have a dozen different versions of the Camaro & Corvette to go head to head. Based on pricing, the ZL1 1LE is more appropriately compared to the Cayman GT4. Does anyone here really think the Cayman GT4 holds even the slightest chance of keeping up with the Camaro in any performance measure of any kind? Maybe fuel economy, but I think that's about it.

    21. Member Senior Member's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2016
      Location
      Central NJ
      Posts
      579
      Vehicles
      6
      02-25-2017 11:23 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      The car is cool, for sure. It's just not gorgeous.

      I'm sure someone will yell "pointy elbows" but;

      - The wheels are gross, both design and color
      - the winglets in front although likely functional, aren't attractive
      - the "mesh" in the grille looks like it was made by APC
      - the third riser in the middle of the spoiler is ugly
      - although easily changed, the badge is stuck on the bumper?

      Just an opinion
      I personally like it, and if I were to mod a standard Camaro, it would look exactly like that. It's "Pointy Mirrors" when it comes to cars

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 9th, 2006
      Location
      Poughkeepsie, NY
      Posts
      883
      Vehicles
      F80 M3 SS/SO
      02-25-2017 02:45 PM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      This tells me you haven't read the mid-engine Corvette threads.
      I read the C7 corvette threads.

      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      Porsche makes a dozen different versions of the Cayman & 911. I think it would be pretty cool to have a dozen different versions of the Camaro & Corvette to go head to head. Based on pricing, the ZL1 1LE is more appropriately compared to the Cayman GT4. Does anyone here really think the Cayman GT4 holds even the slightest chance of keeping up with the Camaro in any performance measure of any kind? Maybe fuel economy, but I think that's about it.
      blah the gt4 compares to Z06 Z07 package corvettes. this ZL1 1LE will be much cheaper than a cayman gt4.

      Porsche is gonna get embarrassed.
      Last edited by MaX PL; 02-25-2017 at 03:33 PM.

    23. Member HI SPEED's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 3rd, 2004
      Location
      Honolulu
      Posts
      4,575
      02-25-2017 03:17 PM #48
      I would be very wary of buying one of these new. My local Subaru dealer of all places had, a pristine zl1 with a nice set of forged wheels, and some work done to it on the lot for $27,000.

      That is pretty big depreciation especially since a lot of guys bought over sticker.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 2014
      Location
      KY
      Posts
      1,083
      Vehicles
      2005 Vibe GT, 2004 Ninja 250
      02-25-2017 03:46 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      Porsche makes a dozen different versions of the Cayman & 911. I think it would be pretty cool to have a dozen different versions of the Camaro & Corvette to go head to head. Based on pricing, the ZL1 1LE is more appropriately compared to the Cayman GT4. Does anyone here really think the Cayman GT4 holds even the slightest chance of keeping up with the Camaro in any performance measure of any kind? Maybe fuel economy, but I think that's about it.
      GT4 will be better for autox, fitting in garages nicely, seeing where you're going while backing out of places, carrying stuff in the hatch, and retaining value.

    25. Member CaleDeRoo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2011
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      2,609
      Vehicles
      Lowered Outback, SVX, GMC Sierra
      02-25-2017 03:58 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      I would be very wary of buying one of these new. My local Subaru dealer of all places had, a pristine zl1 with a nice set of forged wheels, and some work done to it on the lot for $27,000.

      That is pretty big depreciation especially since a lot of guys bought over sticker.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      That car is 5-10k under priced so it must not have been that pristine, and generally "some work" done to it lowers the value. 2013's are going for low-high 30's, and Those MSRPed for less than $55K. This car will retain it's value much better than a standard ZL1
      Instagram: calederoo

      #FREEPATRIKMAN

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •