KilometerMagazine.com - HD Brake upgrade
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

1. n00b
      Vehicles
      09 Routan
      02-28-2017 10:47 PM #1
      Hey guys upgraded the vans Brakes to HD today well tried to anyway. One side done. Got all parts from the wrecking yard, I figure save my self some monies. well One side worked like a charm the other side the caliper bracket didn't fit. I have no idea what the junk yard pulled it from ( it wasn't a 2013 grand caravan), the caliper fits great and rotor works great it just the mounting bracket that does not wok. Bracket fit the caliper but the mounting bolt holes were to narrow.

Ordered one from Oreilly and tomorrow once it gets here we should see.

Calipers were $35 each and rotors 10 each 30 for turning them. total of $150 with pads might need to add $35 to that total when I get the bracket tomorrow. I'll take pics tomorrow but so far passenger side all done bled and ready for the other side. But 185 for a 400+ job is not too bad. I am sure people will not like the fact that parts came from junk yard but I've used junk yard parts before and they work great.
      Last edited by Joemz9; 02-28-2017 at 10:50 PM.

2. 03-08-2017 09:03 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by Joemz9 View Post
      Hey guys upgraded the vans Brakes to HD today well tried to anyway. One side done. Got all parts from the wrecking yard, I figure save my self some monies. well One side worked like a charm the other side the caliper bracket didn't fit. I have no idea what the junk yard pulled it from ( it wasn't a 2013 grand caravan), the caliper fits great and rotor works great it just the mounting bracket that does not wok. Bracket fit the caliper but the mounting bolt holes were to narrow.

Calipers were $35 each and rotors 10 each 30 for turning them. total of $150 with pads might need to add $35 to that total when I get the bracket tomorrow. I'll take pics tomorrow but so far passenger side all done bled and ready for the other side. But 185 for a 400+ job is not too bad. I am sure people will not like the fact that parts came from junk yard but I've used junk yard parts before and they work great.
      Sounds awesome. I just want to get mine running. Still having some kind of weird trans issue. Good for you though. Too bad this forum is all but dead.

3. 03-11-2017 08:05 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Joemz9 View Post

Wife's van is vibrating when going to stop. What do you suggest? Brakes, rotors, and calipers? Its a 2012 Routan so if you got an idea on part numbers that would be stellar.

See you on the flip side.
      Last edited by BigFuzzyBush; 03-11-2017 at 09:25 AM.

For advertising information click HERE