KilometerMagazine.com - What did you pay? Discounts, Incentives?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 64
    1. Member sounds good's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2006
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      1,695
      Vehicles
      2005 Gti & a 337
      03-07-2017 06:31 AM #1
      Doing my homework to be a good consumer

      I am looking into getting a 6 speed, Alltrack SE.

      What incentives or discounts did you get? TrueCar is claiming 3.7 - 4.1% below MSRP.
      Last edited by sounds good; 03-07-2017 at 07:39 AM.

    2. 03-07-2017 10:30 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by sounds good View Post
      Doing my homework to be a good consumer

      I am looking into getting a 6 speed, Alltrack SE.

      What incentives or discounts did you get? TrueCar is claiming 3.7 - 4.1% below MSRP.
      The incentives right now are pretty good and are available to almost everyone. I would just go in with the TrueCar price and do your best with the incentives. Right now everyone gets a $1000 bonus, loyalty or switching to VW. 1.9% APR is also available to highly qualified customers. Someone else on this forum said that the partner program now applies to the Alltrack so getting a good price shouldn't be too difficult anymore if you can find one on the lot.

    3. Member autofi's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 24th, 2011
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      678
      Vehicles
      urquattro,Golf R,4000q,EvoIX
      03-07-2017 11:36 AM #3
      SCCA members is another 500.00

    4. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2011
      Location
      Northern NJ
      Posts
      16
      Vehicles
      01/Jetta/TDI
      03-07-2017 12:04 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by autofi View Post
      SCCA members is another 500.00
      I thought the SCCA discount was the partnership deal - $500 under invoice?

    5. 03-07-2017 12:14 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by dj7373 View Post
      I thought the SCCA discount was the partnership deal - $500 under invoice?
      It is. The idea is that it's a pre-negotiated price before additional incentives if applicable. Anything else negotiated would be the discretion of the dealer.

    6. 03-07-2017 12:53 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by mjsonne View Post
      It is. The idea is that it's a pre-negotiated price before additional incentives if applicable. Anything else negotiated would be the discretion of the dealer.
      dudes, work that invoice price and well below. The total invoice price is the amount that a manufacturer initially charges the dealer for a vehicle, including destination fees, regional ad fees and other fees charged to the dealer by the manufacturer or the OEM by any other category here-thereafter as car company. This price does not, and shall not in any legal governing entity with four wheels, include discounts, dealer incentives, or holdbacks , at times referred to as money allocated back to the dealer from the manufacturer upon sale of said vehicle price under terms of the reverse dp - these are also available from many third party auto sites. good luck you should be able to secure a good price

    7. 03-07-2017 01:15 PM #7
      Hi there! My first post here!

      I have an Alltrack SE on order (manual) so I have not negotiated my price yet but my dealer made it sound like it might be possible to get *both* the loyalty and the conquest incentive? I own two cars - one is a 2004 Jetta which I am keeping and the other is a 2005 Subaru which I am trading in. It seems a little illogical to me that VW would honor both but he claimed he had seen it done before and if both incentives are still available when my car arrives in April, he thought we could do both.

      Trying to plan my finances - and how to negotiate given that the dealer already knows the car I am purchasing is my dream car - I am interested in hearing whether anyone else has ever heard of someone being able to successfully claim both incentives?

      Thanks!

      Dawn

    8. 03-07-2017 01:32 PM #8
      Cant stack loyalty and conquest.

      Negotiate with the dealer. Try to get the car for below invoice, then you can subtract and partner $500 and the $1000 loyalty comes off the bottom line after taxes and fees.

    9. Member sounds good's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 25th, 2006
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      1,695
      Vehicles
      2005 Gti & a 337
      03-07-2017 01:53 PM #9
      I already have a negotiation plan, or actually lack of.

      I put together a spread sheet of the car, colors, options and accessories all laid out with msrp's and discounts I expect.

      It will all be laid out so the purchaser can use it as a list when punching it into his computer

      I hope to totally avoid the salesman and his BS and go straight to the manager with my print out.

    10. 03-07-2017 02:02 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by DawnTCB View Post
      Hi there! My first post here!

      I have an Alltrack SE on order (manual) so I have not negotiated my price yet but my dealer made it sound like it might be possible to get *both* the loyalty and the conquest incentive? I own two cars - one is a 2004 Jetta which I am keeping and the other is a 2005 Subaru which I am trading in. It seems a little illogical to me that VW would honor both but he claimed he had seen it done before and if both incentives are still available when my car arrives in April, he thought we could do both.

      Trying to plan my finances - and how to negotiate given that the dealer already knows the car I am purchasing is my dream car - I am interested in hearing whether anyone else has ever heard of someone being able to successfully claim both incentives?

      Thanks!

      Dawn
      how can you place an order for a car BEFORE you negotiate price??!! Always negotiate price before anything!

    11. 03-08-2017 09:59 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by joeCR1976 View Post
      how can you place an order for a car BEFORE you negotiate price??!! Always negotiate price before anything!
      I totally agree! I have bought many cars... this is the first one where I am in this position.

      They quoted VW "policy" that they cannot negotiate for a car without a VIN. I was skeptical but I called two other dealerships that I could feasibly drive to and asked how much deposit they would want on this order and whether we could negotiate a deal ahead of time. My dealer asked for $500 deposit, fully refundable, and they have not cashed the check yet even though they have had it for four weeks. The other two dealerships said they needed $1000, non-refundable, both noting that a manual transmission would be difficult for them to sell if I backed out of the deal. And both said they could not negotiate a price until there was a VIN.

      What I got verbal commitment on at the time - and have mentioned to him several times via text and email since - was $500 over invoice minus whatever incentives are available for the month my car arrives. And then of course my trade-in which he would barely even speculate on at first but when I told him I had a commitment in writing from Subaru on my trade-in value he said they would just pay that when the time comes... but again just a verbal commitment because of this "policy".

      My family has a long history with this dealership and feels confident they will do what they said they would do... I am still feeling antsy about it but slightly more comfortable knowing I can walk away and take my deposit with me if I need to. I won't WANT to, which puts me in a bad negotiating position, but I can.

      On the plus side I learned this morning that my Alltrack is in transit today!

    12. 03-08-2017 04:50 PM #12
      Agreed. VW is sort of weird about the VIN thing. Last year, when I was set to buy my GSW LE during the Springtime Sales Event ($1000 cash back and 1.9% financing for up to 72 mos.) I told my dealer I wanted to order a car. He said, "...well if we order one for you today, we won't likely have a VIN by the time the sales event ends so, you won't get any of the discounts." I was shocked. So, the sales events and incentives are really tied to cars that are already produced. What I ended up doing was telling them exactly what I wanted and then they started hunting on their "systems" for a car either on another dealer's lot or at one of the shipping ports. They found my model about 500 mi. away at another dealer and worked out some sort of inventory trade with them to bring my car to me. As part of the negotiation I did NOT pay shipping/transportation. I got a fair deal. Later on this board, I saw folks that got roughly cars for $1500 less than me, but in far more competitive markets (east coast/west coast as opposed to my MT location). The one thing I really wished I'd known about before hand was the SCCA membership deal. I would have liked to have worked that into my deal with the dealer. Oh well, love the car and I didn't get totally ripped off either.

      As for sales events (USA), I have no knowledge, but if last year is an indication for this year, they ran an April sales event (April 1st - May 2nd, $1000 cash back + 1.9%). Later in late July-Sept.? (I think) they ran $1000 cash back and 0.0 financing for up to 60 (72?) mos. if that helps anyone out.

    13. 03-08-2017 05:25 PM #13
      Ok I looked up SCCA and I don't understand this partnership deal? Can someone explain it to me? I buy a membership and I save $500 on my car? That sounds too good to be true....

    14. 03-08-2017 05:40 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by DawnTCB View Post
      Ok I looked up SCCA and I don't understand this partnership deal? Can someone explain it to me? I buy a membership and I save $500 on my car? That sounds too good to be true....
      The program gets you the car at $500 below dealer invoice. Or it can be applied as a $500 rebate. So if the dealer is willing to sell you the car for $1000 under invoice, the $500 rebate can be applied after that.

    15. Semi-n00b
      Join Date
      May 17th, 2011
      Location
      Northern NJ
      Posts
      16
      Vehicles
      01/Jetta/TDI
      03-08-2017 05:59 PM #15
      Can you apply the $500 SCCA rebate if you are already getting the partnership/friends and family discount? b/c that would be too good to be true.

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 24th, 2014
      Location
      NY
      Posts
      146
      Vehicles
      2016 GSW SE DAP/LP, 2012 VW GTI
      03-08-2017 06:33 PM #16
      2016 GSW SE with LP and DAP (everything the 2017 SEL DAP has) + a few accessories. Was on the lot for less than a week and was covered in plastic when I picked it up. Right car, right time to buy.

      MSRP: $31100
      Paid: $26860 (13.6% off)

      Employee Discount (Partner): $2240
      Diesel Gate Discount (October 2015): $2000

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 1st, 2013
      Location
      Baltimore, MD
      Posts
      65
      Vehicles
      '17 GSW 4MOTION 6MT
      03-08-2017 11:47 PM #17
      I put a deposit / signed some papers for a GSW S 4MOTION 6spd Manual today. $19,497 including destination after a bunch of regular discounts + partner program. MSRP was $24,970.

      Also came with monster mats, cargo block package, and a roadside / breakdown bag.

      Deal was with Jeff D'Ambrosio VW in PA. Would recommend, very good experience!
      Last edited by zr0z; 03-11-2017 at 10:11 PM.

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2014
      Location
      Portland, ME
      Posts
      142
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI 6sp; 2011 JSW TDI 6sp
      03-09-2017 06:41 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by NYCSuits View Post
      2016 GSW SE with LP and DAP (everything the 2017 SEL DAP has) + a few accessories. Was on the lot for less than a week and was covered in plastic when I picked it up. Right car, right time to buy.

      MSRP: $31100
      Paid: $26860 (13.6% off)

      Employee Discount (Partner): $2240
      Diesel Gate Discount (October 2015): $2000
      I think negotiations are going to be more difficult on 6-speed manual cars. At least here in the northeast, they are only sitting on dealer lots for a matter of hours, not days. Hard to negotiate when the next guy that walks through the door behind you will buy it for MSRP...

    19. 03-09-2017 07:24 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by zr0z View Post
      I put a deposit / signed some papers for a GSW S 4MOTION 6spd Manual today. $19,497 including destination after a bunch of regular discounts + partner program. MSRP was $24,970.
      nice deal, now that's awesome pricing! work it! no one should be paying over $25K for the GSW - if you are then I feel bad for you.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2nd, 2012
      Location
      Central Arkansas/Northern Illinois
      Posts
      142
      Vehicles
      2012 Jetta TDI 6M Prem/Nav; 2004 RS R32
      03-11-2017 06:31 AM #20
      Currently talking with a dealer about an Alltrack SE manual, with Drivers Assistance, quoted me $29,429 with incentives. (He said MSRP $31,715.)

      How good is that? Just on-par?

    21. 03-11-2017 09:07 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by jmkowalski View Post
      Currently talking with a dealer about an Alltrack SE manual, with Drivers Assistance, quoted me $29,429 with incentives. (He said MSRP $31,715.)

      How good is that? Just on-par?
      Considering the availability of manual Alltracks, its on par.

    22. 03-12-2017 09:55 AM #22
      Special ordered my manual Alltrack SE. 30,250 is the MSRP with destination charge, 29,072 is their invoice price. I'm getting it for 27,572. Hopefully the VW loyalty will still be around when the car arrives as that will be another 1k off.

    23. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2014
      Location
      Portland, ME
      Posts
      142
      Vehicles
      2012 Golf TDI 6sp; 2011 JSW TDI 6sp
      03-13-2017 03:50 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by 602crew View Post
      Special ordered my manual Alltrack SE. 30,250 is the MSRP with destination charge, 29,072 is their invoice price. I'm getting it for 27,572. Hopefully the VW loyalty will still be around when the car arrives as that will be another 1k off.
      Jeez, what did you have to do to get that kind of quote? That seems craaazy cheap. Good on ya!

    24. Member calicoaran's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2011
      Location
      Northeast Ohio
      Posts
      1,503
      Vehicles
      '99 Tacoma, '16 Golf, '17 Golf
      03-13-2017 06:04 PM #24
      $21,000 for a Sportwagen S 4Motion 6MT - worth every penny
      1999 Tacoma DX / White / RWD 5MT
      2016 Golf R / Oryx White / 6MT DCC & Nav
      2017 Golf Sportwagen S / Platinum Gray Metallic / 4Motion 6MT

    25. 03-13-2017 07:15 PM #25
      Alltrack Sel with lighting and Dap at AGREED pricing at 34000, then that dealer couldnt get the car so tried dealing out of state with somebody who had it on there lot and they were at 32500 with loyalty... then they sold it just before we were mailing off paperwork.......neveragain, We ended up driving 400 miles and bought one used with 3800 miles for 28200, from a nissan dealership. Quite disappointed with vw if i must say so... Car is awesome, service this way has just been horrible.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •