KilometerMagazine.com - What did you pay? Discounts, Incentives?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      03-13-2017 10:07 PM #26
      Trying to decide the best thread to ask this...

In most (or all?) early Alltracks that began showing up at dealers late last year, there were a few VW accessories included and listed in the sticker price. It appeared you were basically "required" to buy these, as they were "port installed" or some such term. Off the top of my head, these were: Monster mats, HD trunk liner w/cargo blocks, and emergency roadside kit.

For those in this thread who have recently ordered or taken delivery of an Alltrack (particularly a manual transmission car), were these non-optional accessories included with your car (and thus, included in your price)?

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 VW Alltrack S, 2006 BMW 330i
      03-13-2017 10:50 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by WagenMafia View Post

In most (or all?) early Alltracks that began showing up at dealers late last year, there were a few VW accessories included and listed in the sticker price. It appeared you were basically "required" to buy these, as they were "port installed" or some such term. Off the top of my head, these were: Monster mats, HD trunk liner w/cargo blocks, and emergency roadside kit.

For those in this thread who have recently ordered or taken delivery of an Alltrack (particularly a manual transmission car), were these non-optional accessories included with your car (and thus, included in your price)?
      I didn't try negotiating over this exact set of accessories, but I sort of regret that. They only accounted for $400 (for the same set as you indicate with the addition of the wheel locks), and I was looking at the bigger picture at the time. I got a very good price (not including the accessories) of $23,777 for a manual Alltrack S before destination, tax, and license, etc. The funny thing was that after I bought it, and had not used the accessories and they were still in the plastic, I asked if I could exchange them for a set of rear and side sun blinds. The answer was no and that I could not return the unused accessories. This pissed me off and left me with a bad feeling. If I buy something at Nordstroms, Saks, Macy's, and most other stores that is unused and unperishable goods, I can return it. But not at the VW dealer.

3. n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 VW Golf SportWagen 4motion DSG with DAP
      03-14-2017 09:43 AM #28
      $21,900 negotiated price for GSW 4mo DSG with DAP--got one of the few 4mo's with DAP. Also came with the Monster Mats, trunk liner, first aid kit, etc.
      Subtract $1K for loyalty rebate.
      Also got an extended warranty for $800 to go up to 5yr/60Kmiles which included a bunch of one-time wear and tear replacement, so my first brake pad and rotor replacements will be covered under that, etc. I figured on brakes alone, I'm probably gonna make my money back.

Out the door, with tax, warranty, rebate, etc all applied, I paid $23,840. I felt pretty good about it.

Here's a tip, though: do your TrueCar research, but try NOT going through TrueCar when you solicit quotes from the dealer. Know that you have it in your back pocket, though. TrueCar gets paid by the dealership to bring them customers--I think it's $500 per TrueCar facilitated sale. I found I was able to get an even better deal by using TrueCar as a negotiating factor. "TrueCar says the average price this should go for is $X."

The way I see it, either the dealer can discount what they would have paid TrueCar to the customer and have a happier customer, or they can go through TrueCar and still have a happy customer, but not quite as happy. If a dealer chooses not to compete with TrueCar estimates, then by all means, go through TrueCar with them to see where you can go.

TrueCar estimated well over $22K for a GSW 4mo without DAP. I was able to get a better price for a car directly negotiating with dealers, and I didn't even have to bring TC up in the negotiations. Also did all of my negotiating over the phone among several dealers in the area. Ended up going with the dealer that gave the best price--also happened to be really nice and helpful throughout the process of buying my first car. That's the first dealer I'll talk to for the next go-round.

4. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 Tungsten Silver GSW 4MOTION S 6MT
      03-14-2017 07:21 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by calicoaran View Post
      $21,000 for a Sportwagen S 4Motion 6MT - worth every penny
      Which dealer and salesperson did you get this from? And did that include the $1000 VW loyalty discount?

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      03-14-2017 08:09 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Noblesse View Post
      I didn't try negotiating over this exact set of accessories, but I sort of regret that. They only accounted for $400 (for the same set as you indicate with the addition of the wheel locks), and I was looking at the bigger picture at the time. I got a very good price (not including the accessories) of $23,777 for a manual Alltrack S before destination, tax, and license, etc. The funny thing was that after I bought it, and had not used the accessories and they were still in the plastic, I asked if I could exchange them for a set of rear and side sun blinds. The answer was no and that I could not return the unused accessories. This pissed me off and left me with a bad feeling. If I buy something at Nordstroms, Saks, Macy's, and most other stores that is unused and unperishable goods, I can return it. But not at the VW dealer.
      Thanks for the feedback. Sounds frustrating, but it seems like you got a decent price nonetheless. I will be very happy if I can get in that ballpark.

6. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      03-14-2017 08:39 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by zr0z View Post
      I put a deposit / signed some papers for a GSW S 4MOTION 6spd Manual today. $19,497 including destination after a bunch of regular discounts + partner program. MSRP was $24,970.

Also came with monster mats, cargo block package, and a roadside / breakdown bag.

Deal was with Jeff D'Ambrosio VW in PA. Would recommend, very good experience!
      Jeff D'Ambrosio VW is only about a 6-hour drive from my home, so it would be worth the drive. Could you tell me the name of your salesman that you dealt with to aid me in negotiating a similar deal that you received? Thanks.

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2017 VW Alltrack S, 2006 BMW 330i
      03-14-2017 10:08 PM #32
      Thanks for the feedback. Sounds frustrating, but it seems like you got a decent price nonetheless. I will be very happy if I can get in that ballpark.
      For clarity, I should mention that the price was after the $1000 conquest rebate.

8. 03-15-2017 08:02 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by RBrianTaylor View Post
      Jeff D'Ambrosio VW is only about a 6-hour drive from my home, so it would be worth the drive. Could you tell me the name of your salesman that you dealt with to aid me in negotiating a similar deal that you received? Thanks.
      Another nod here to Jeff D. in PA - awesome dealership experience and pricing was the best I could find on the East Coast. Their VW dealership puts all NorthEast VW dealers to shame.

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '17 GSW 4MOTION 6MT
      03-15-2017 09:44 AM #34
      The price was agreed on with Joe Lonabaugh in internet sales but when I came in my salesperson was Brian Teaford.

They still owe me my $500 deposit back (I chose not to put it towards the car) and haven't exactly communicated well about giving it to me but otherwise I have no complaints.

For anyone interested in a warranty they quoted me $1,160 to add another 3 years and 24,000 miles of bumper to bumper (bringing the total to 6yr/60k mi) but I held off because there is a $250 deductible if you were out of state. I later found out Geico Mechanical Breakdown Insurance covers all the warranty did and more for $120 a year/$250 deductible so I'm glad I didn't get it. Geico offers up to 7 years/100k miles but it has to be purchased within the first 15k miles of a new car's life and paid every month/year.

Lastly, if someone wants a DSG 4mo they have one currently in black:

http://www.gojeffvw.com/new/Volkswag...9c4b81dd9c.htm
      Last edited by zr0z; 03-15-2017 at 09:54 AM.

10. 03-15-2017 10:29 AM #35
      The price was agreed on with Joe Lonabaugh in internet sales but when I came in my salesperson was Brian Teaford.

They still owe me my $500 deposit back (I chose not to put it towards the car) and haven't exactly communicated well about giving it to me but otherwise I have no complaints.

For anyone interested in a warranty they quoted me $1,160 to add another 3 years and 24,000 miles of bumper to bumper (bringing the total to 6yr/60k mi) but I held off because there is a $250 deductible if you were out of state. I later found out Geico Mechanical Breakdown Insurance covers all the warranty did and more for $120 a year/$250 deductible so I'm glad I didn't get it. Geico offers up to 7 years/100k miles but it has to be purchased within the first 15k miles of a new car's life and paid every month/year.

why would you not put the $500 towards the car?

11. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf Alltrack SE
      03-16-2017 01:51 PM #36
      I have a Tornado Red GSW SE on order at Casey VW in Newport News, VA that should be here at the end of the month. MSRP was $27,850 and I talked them down to $25,220 so just shy of 10% off MSRP. Plus any rebates that are available at time of delivery which currently I have $500 Graduation bonus and $1000 bonus when you switch from a competitor. Should also qualify for the 0.9% APR as well. I think I got a pretty darn good deal. What do yall think?

12. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      03-17-2017 08:47 AM #37

I placed a custom-build order yesterday from Jeff D'Ambrosio for the same model that you bought there. I didn't get quite as good of an offer as you did ($19,747.00 after the $1,000 VW loyalty discount), but it was WAY better than what I've found elsewhere. Thank you to you and others that pointed me towards Jeff D'Ambrosio - I would not have found them on my own. One advantage (for me) in ordering a custom build is that I could order the color that I wanted (Tungsten Silver Metallic) as well as a "clean" car with no accessories at all, as I had used my $500 diesel-gate gift card to buy monster mats, wheel locks, the fancy homelink mirror, and mud guards last year before that gift card expired - now I won't have duplicates of some of those items...

Brian (my salesman) is hoping that the order won't take 3 months if he can find a previously-scheduled GSW that they could assign to me, but we'll see... Hopefuly, the $1,000 loyalty bonus will still be in effect when my car arrives.

13. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '17 GSW 4MOTION 6MT
      03-17-2017 09:15 AM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by joeCR1976 View Post
      why would you not put the $500 towards the car?
      I am going on vacation in a couple of days and want the extra money just to be safe. The rate that I got was low enough where $500 cash in hand is more valuable than $500 off my loan.

Brian (my salesman) is hoping that the order won't take 3 months if he can find a previously-scheduled GSW that they could assign to me, but we'll see... Hopefuly, the $1,000 loyalty bonus will still be in effect when my car arrives.
      That's awesome! Mine ended up being an allocation so they're definitely out there. It sounds like you still got an amazing deal I got *really* lucky as I wanted white with a black interior and that is exactly what they had. I found them through cars.com

I am almost positive the $1000 rebate will continue as VW isn't doing so hot, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it up all year.
      Last edited by zr0z; 03-17-2017 at 09:18 AM.

14. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      03-17-2017 08:30 PM #39
      I am going on vacation in a couple of days and want the extra money just to be safe. The rate that I got was low enough where $500 cash in hand is more valuable than $500 off my loan.

That's awesome! Mine ended up being an allocation so they're definitely out there. It sounds like you still got an amazing deal I got *really* lucky as I wanted white with a black interior and that is exactly what they had. I found them through cars.com

I am almost positive the $1000 rebate will continue as VW isn't doing so hot, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep it up all year.
      Yes, I'm quite happy with the deal I got, thanks. If you don't mind me asking, did you find a loan rate on your own, or did your salesman at Jeff D'Ambrosio find a loan for you? My salesman mentioned something about a 2.69% rate that he currently had available - which is much lower than I've seen at any banks around my neck of the woods.

15. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '17 GSW 4MOTION 6MT
      03-17-2017 08:39 PM #40
      Yes, I'm quite happy with the deal I got, thanks. If you don't mind me asking, did you find a loan rate on your own, or did your salesman at Jeff D'Ambrosio find a loan for you? My salesman mentioned something about a 2.69% rate that he currently had available - which is much lower than I've seen at any banks around my neck of the woods.
      I got 2.74% through members1st.org which is a PA credit union. I live in MD and had never heard of them but they work great. They also offer $250 GAP insurance which is below Jeff D'Ambrosio's cost so factor that in if you were planning on buying. My previous loan was through them at the same rate and I basically said "if you can beat that and that GAP price go for it, if not stick with them"

16. 03-17-2017 11:47 PM #41
      Alltrack SE 6MT with DAP, mats, splash guards.

Paid just over $28K before taxes/fees. This is just under the price I got through the Costco auto program and just over the TrueCar price. Didn't feel like I could bargain too much since I was buying remotely and these 6MTs are in such demand.

17. 03-19-2017 08:18 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by 602crew View Post
      Special ordered my manual Alltrack SE. 30,250 is the MSRP with destination charge, 29,072 is their invoice price. I'm getting it for 27,572. Hopefully the VW loyalty will still be around when the car arrives as that will be another 1k off.
      One of the perks of buying the car from one of the biggest volume dealerships in the country. Lindsay VW in VA.

18. 03-19-2017 08:20 AM #43

I was told at the dealership that all of those extras are placed in the car at the port. When I special ordered mine, I told them I didn't want any of that in my car. I can buy them cheaper with cash (not to mention you're paying interest on the items with your loan) and pick and choose what I want.

19. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf Alltrack SE
      03-20-2017 08:47 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by 602crew View Post
      I was told at the dealership that all of those extras are placed in the car at the port. When I special ordered mine, I told them I didn't want any of that in my car. I can buy them cheaper with cash (not to mention you're paying interest on the items with your loan) and pick and choose what I want.
      That is a very good point. Why add those little extras to the cost of the car and pay interest on a $80 dollar item.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2006 VW Passat
      03-21-2017 11:42 AM #45
      Looking to buy a auto sportwagen s in Richmond. I've got a quote from Sheehy of $19,854 OTD, with partner discount and loyalty discount. Is this inline with others?

21. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      04-17-2017 08:00 PM #46
      Bumping this thread with my experiences so far. I want an Alltrack S MT (in a specific color) and they're super sparse, so I'm prepared to order one. I've been into 2 Northeast dealers, and both said they could not/would not commit to an exact price until the car arrives. One said I would pay invoice minus whatever incentives are running at the time the car arrives. The other said I would pay MSRP minus whatever incentives are running at the time the car arrives (and claimed the other dealer was BS'ing, hah). If I end up a couple grand under MSRP before taxes/docs/etc., I would feel OK and not too far out of line with some others in this thread. But I would be relying on getting lucky with incentives in order to accomplish that. June/July seems like the ETA if I ordered today.

I don't really know what to make of this, except that I'm a weak negotiator. Ordering a rare car that I obviously want eliminates most leverage I might've had, other than simply walking away, which I've done twice now. But when the dealers don't even seem to want your money or care what the other guys are offering, it's a little strange. I appreciate the low-pressure conversations we've had, but if they can't even give me a firm quote, what am I accomplishing?

Vehicles
      2017 Alltrack S (manual baby!) and a bunch of orphans
      04-17-2017 08:23 PM #47
      Alltrack S manual with DAP and nothing else (mats, etc.) Sticker: $27,515. I paid cash out the door (sales tax of 7.25%, title, prep, doc fee, and some other crap): $26,975.

23. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      01/Jetta/TDI
      04-17-2017 08:33 PM #48
      Mafia, if you're not a member of the SCCA buy the membership for $70 and then you can get their partner program deal with VW.
      Which is dealer invoice price - $500 - any other incentives available at the time of purchase. Here is the link:

http://www.vwpartnerprogram.com/vw/p...artner/program

You walk in with the paperwork and there is no negotiating involved, just don't let them try to magically tack on extra fees or other BS they make up like my dealership did.

I just got a Alltrack SE night blue / Marrakesh brown 6MT using that deal and the $1000 loyalty bonus for a total of $1500 under invoice.
      I also qualified for the 1.9% APR they are offering right now and I got them to toss in the muddy buddy trunk liner and 3 oil changes b/c of a bad past experience at that dealer.

They also would not give me a hard price until the car was built and they had the VIN#

Good luck man and don't let them get the best of you.

24. 04-17-2017 08:51 PM #49
      I order a couples cars a month for my customers. I lay out current month discount including current rebates/incentives. Itemize our dealer contribution and each current rebate. Customer can easily understand what discounts are guaranteed and what rebates may or may not change.

I am in NNJ if you're in the area. Will easily order you an Alltrack for under invoice minus any rebates.

25. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      04-17-2017 09:06 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by dj7373 View Post
      Mafia, if you're not a member of the SCCA buy the membership for $70 and then you can get their partner program deal with VW.
      Which is dealer invoice price - $500 - any other incentives available at the time of purchase. Here is the link:

http://www.vwpartnerprogram.com/vw/p...artner/program

You walk in with the paperwork and there is no negotiating involved, just don't let them try to magically tack on extra fees or other BS they make up like my dealership did.

I just got a Alltrack SE night blue / Marrakesh brown 6MT using that deal and the $1000 loyalty bonus for a total of $1500 under invoice.
      I also qualified for the 1.9% APR they are offering right now and I got them to toss in the muddy buddy trunk liner and 3 oil changes b/c of a bad past experience at that dealer.

They also would not give me a hard price until the car was built and they had the VIN#

Good luck man and don't let them get the best of you.
      Thanks. When did you first discuss the partner program with the dealer? And when did you print/give them the certificate? I can talk to the dealers, just curious what your process was, since you ordered a car as well. Appreciate the help.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast