KilometerMagazine.com - What did you pay? Discounts, Incentives?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    1. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      01/Jetta/TDI
      04-17-2017 09:19 PM #51
      I went in talked about what my options were, this was November, so the 6MTs weren't out yet. I was advised that ordering was the best way to get a 6MT once they started making them. I left that day saying I wanted to order but I had time and I didn't want to seem to excited. Then I found the deal and brought in the paperwork then next time I went in and then ordered the car.

So if that's what you're going to do I would print it out and bring it in when you were ready to order but if they have sold a S w/ 6MT they sure as hell could give you the invoice price.

Quote Originally Posted by WagenMafia View Post
      Thanks. When did you first discuss the partner program with the dealer? And when did you print/give them the certificate? I can talk to the dealers, just curious what your process was, since you ordered a car as well. Appreciate the help.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      04-17-2017 09:33 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by shawshank redemption View Post
      I order a couples cars a month for my customers. I lay out current month discount including current rebates/incentives. Itemize our dealer contribution and each current rebate. Customer can easily understand what discounts are guaranteed and what rebates may or may not change.

I am in NNJ if you're in the area. Will easily order you an Alltrack for under invoice minus any rebates.
      Good evening shawshank, thanks for the help. I sent you a PM.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      04-17-2017 09:37 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by dj7373 View Post
      I went in talked about what my options were, this was November, so the 6MTs weren't out yet. I was advised that ordering was the best way to get a 6MT once they started making them. I left that day saying I wanted to order but I had time and I didn't want to seem to excited. Then I found the deal and brought in the paperwork then next time I went in and then ordered the car.

So if that's what you're going to do I would print it out and bring it in when you were ready to order but if they have sold a S w/ 6MT they sure as hell could give you the invoice price.
      Thanks for the help. If the certificate expires, can I print another?

4. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      01/Jetta/TDI
      04-17-2017 09:50 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by WagenMafia View Post
      Thanks for the help. If the certificate expires, can I print another?
      I believe they are good for 30 days but my dealer honored it even though it was way past when I ordered.
      But to be on the safe side maybe go talk to them first and tell them that you qualify and see if they want the cert now of when the car shows up.

5. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      04-18-2017 09:58 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by dj7373 View Post
      I believe they are good for 30 days but my dealer honored it even though it was way past when I ordered.
      But to be on the safe side maybe go talk to them first and tell them that you qualify and see if they want the cert now of when the car shows up.
      Thanks. I confirmed with a couple dealers today that they participate in the partner program. They don't seem to want the certificate until the end of the process. Frankly I'd rather do it up front, because I'm afraid of sleazy dealers messing with me at the 11th hour.

For those following my riveting saga, I dropped by a third dealer today, who also said they wouldn't commit to a price until "the month the car arrives." Their starting point/baseline price before incentives is invoice plus $500. That's right between the other 2 dealers. So I guess they can offer whatever they want, as long as they aren't being too generous to the customer. But no, I didn't push hard. Tough to get fired up when you're practically falling asleep talking to the guy, he's so disinterested!

6. 04-19-2017 02:36 PM #56
      I got my Alltrack S automatic for about $23k (excluding tax and title) down near dc. I've been unsure about how I did pricewise but this thread seems to be confirming that I did quite alright...

MSRP was about $27.7k
      $1k - conquest discount
      $2k - dealer financing discount. 4.9% interest rate. I was planning to pay cash but I can pay this off early. When all is said and done i'll have likely paid $150 in interest.
      $1.7k - ???

It came with monster mats, cargo block package, and a roadside / breakdown bag.

---

This was my first car purchase. I was surprised to walk away with relatively little information about the loan - it arrived in the mail about a month later.

I didn't even try to negotiate - partially because i had to take a bus down from nyc to buy the car - but the price seemed good.

7. n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf Sportwagen 4Motion
      04-19-2017 06:19 PM #57
      Here's my datapoint from the SF Bay Area, closed on it 2 weeks ago (Serramonte VW):

2017 Golf Sportwagen TSI S 4Motion DSG
      $26,020 - MSRP including Destination
      $20,778 - negotiated price after $1,000 conquest and $500 partner program discount but before taxes/fees
      $23,156 - total out the door price

Was originally going to get a 6 speed manual, but there were so few of them that none of the dealers were willing to give me a deal, at best offering the conquest and partner program discount off MSRP. Additionally, I felt that it was not worth paying more for the 6speed as it did not provide an exciting drive that I thought a manual version would offer (this is my first VW so I have no prior experience with other VW manuals). I did test drive a 6speed GTI and it felt a lot sportier than the GSW-4M-6speed, but ultimately went with the GSW-4M in DSG form mostly due to wanting the extra space and also the price.

8. n00b
      Vehicles
      2014 JSW TDI
      04-20-2017 08:32 AM #58
      If I get the SCCA membership today, can I use the partner program tomorrow?.....or is there a required membership time to qualify? Also, if I am already under the invoice price, is this an additional $500 off my best deal, or is it simply 5% on the dealer invoice?

9. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      01/Jetta/TDI
      04-20-2017 10:01 AM #59
      Alltrack SE w/ 6MT No DAP, no mats, etc.

So with the Partnership / Friends and Family deal this is where I ended up:

$29,222 dealer invoice price
      - $500 Partnership deal
      +$2010.54 NJ tax
      - $1000 loyalty bonus (which was after tax)
      + fees
      + title and license
      =I paid $30,440 (rounded up) out the door.

I also got them to give me the muddy buddy rear mat and 3 oil changes.

10. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      '17 GSW 4MOTION 6MT
      04-20-2017 04:17 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by Dyno Dan View Post
      If I get the SCCA membership today, can I use the partner program tomorrow?.....or is there a required membership time to qualify? Also, if I am already under the invoice price, is this an additional $500 off my best deal, or is it simply 5% on the dealer invoice?
      It is $500 off your best deal as it comes in the form of a voucher the dealer submits to VW. Also yes you can use it tomorrow if you'd like, there is no minimum membership timeline.

11. Member
      Vehicles
      2000 Golf GLS 1.8T
      04-21-2017 01:37 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by zr0z View Post
      It is $500 off your best deal as it comes in the form of a voucher the dealer submits to VW. Also yes you can use it tomorrow if you'd like, there is no minimum membership timeline.
      Oh really, $500 off your best deal? That is not at all how I interpreted the partner program website. I thought it was just the $500 under invoice as a baseline before incentives. Here I have simply been trying to get dealers to do better than that, didn't think it could be stacked. Can someone confirm this or point me to where it says that? The dealers have not volunteered this information...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

12. 04-21-2017 01:45 PM #62
      co
      Last edited by joeCR1976; 04-21-2017 at 02:02 PM.

13. n00b
      Vehicles
      2014 JSW TDI
      04-21-2017 02:00 PM #63
      Got the SCCA membership yesterday and then went through the steps to get the certificate. I had already been negotiating with 2 dealers on a 2017 Alltrack, white/beige, DSG, S-trim and both of them said, "yup, no problem....we can take the $500 off your deal, which is already well below invoice". VW does reimburse the dealer for the $500 once all the proper paperwork is submitted. Ready for the details on the deal? $23,300!! I wanted to purchase this outright, but at price they're "encouraging me" to finance a minimum of 5 months at 5.09% / 72 months ($376/month). The buy rate for finance was more like 2.49.....or so I think.....because my credit is in great shape and north of 720. They must get a kickback from the lender. The dealer is just trying to salvage something from this deal, since I can only imagine this is about moving another unit, not making a nice profit. Even with that I think the finance charges over 5 months turn out to be about $267, so my real cost on this deal is $23,568 which is still a smoking deal from what I can tell.

14. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf Alltrack SE
      04-24-2017 04:55 PM #64
      So I sort of lucked out. I originally had a Tornado Red GSW SE on order and the day came that I got the call from the dealer saying it had arrived. I leave work early and go pick up my wife to make the 2 hour drive to the dealer to sign paperwork and be on our merry way. Well wouldn't you know it, they ordered the wrong vehicle. So now begins the game of "how did this happen and what is the next step?" The dealer said they could deduct $520 off of the GSW and order another one, or they could get me into an Alltrack SE for the same price. After a long discussion with my wife we decided to take the deal on the Alltrack even though she had her heart set on the GSW (Liked the styling better).

After a week or so the dealer found a Tornado Red Alltrack SE at another dealer and did a dealer trade for it. After everything was finalized we ended up getting the Alltrack for $27,055 out the door! It was just too good of a deal to pass up. Very happy with the car now that I have had a chance to drive it around a bit.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123