Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
      Vehicles
      '17 Subaru Legacy Sport
      03-17-2017 01:52 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      I'm sure it happens, but once you drive 40 Accords a week, you quickly just look at the car as a paycheck. Move onto the next one. The farting thing? Well. Guilty.
      Yeah, but that's why they have the plastic over the seats. Somewhere in all this, there's gotta be a joke about Honda whites...
      =

Vehicles
      KTM, Honda
      03-17-2017 02:47 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by BUJonathan View Post
      Somewhere in all this, there's gotta be a joke about Honda whites...
      I would take a funny picture in my whites, but I would get fired.

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Tiguan SEL 4MO; 2012 Beetle w/Sunroof
      03-17-2017 05:20 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by GolfTango View Post
      Still. Waiting.

So now I'm on the fence if I should continue to wait. I negotiated for $22,900 before tt&l for the new 2017 Sport SE.

I've found two 2016 CPO SM Red Sports 6MT (non-SE) locally. Both less than 10K (one 6K, one 9K) miles. Asking a "non-negotiable" $21,900. I mean $1K off isn't a lot, but CPO will give me a better warranty than new. What to do?!

Ugh!
      It's a new Honda, extended warranty not needed. No idea what may have happened to the used ones in the very short time before someone dumped them. Wait it out a couple more days.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Hatch View Post
      It depends on what the OTD price is on the new Accord versus the used one. When I was looking to buy a GTI sport, I was quoted $26,900 for the car at two different dealerships before tt&l. When I asked the OTD price, I was quoted $32,500 from one dealership and $31,000 from the other one. I think the tax rate in each city is a little under 8%, registration was probably in $600 range, so that meant an additional $2k in dealer fees.

I can get a 2016 GTI SE with performance pack with under 10K miles for about $26K OTD. Not really sure what differences the SE is between 2016 and 2017, but one dealership said the 2017 SE is 2K more then the Sport, so a difference of 5-6K is worth it to me to buy used.

Find out the OTD price on both cars and see if the extra money is worth being new over slightly used.
      This is when you actually read what you sign and acknowledge and point out that the only things that go in to a car sale with no fluff is the vehicle price, the TTL, and the doc fee. Anything else, you tell them to take it off or you walk (unless you want the extra garbage). There really aren't many components to the sale of the car. So I wouldn't worry about the out the door price, I'd worry about the itemized breakdown and knowing exactly what you're paying for, and telling the dealer to take a hike on the fluff. Nitrogen filled tires? I'm sorry, but the air I breathe is 79 mol % nitrogen already, so deflate the ****ers and fill them with human grade air and take your little green caps back.

Vehicles
      Logitech G29
      03-17-2017 08:20 PM #104
      So get this.

I had done a TrueCar inquiry on the specific Sport SE 6MT in SMR. Of course I get three dealers calling me asking when I want to come test drive one, but they don't have what I want. So the last dealer is emailing me every hour. I finally shoot an email back saying I found my car, deposit is made and thank you. So the Sales Manager calls me 5 mins later and says he can get me one, but there's only ONE in the NE and it's in MA. I tell him what his bottom dollar offer is and he laughs and says "full MSRP for this model". I tell him thank you, but I already have found one, deposit made and for $22.9. He flat out calls me a liar and says there is none in CT. I tell him again, thank you but I'm all set and hang up. Another 5 mins later the "internet" manager calls me and says "good news, we'll give you $1K off MSRP, when do I want to come down. I tell her thanks but no thanks the deal is ALREADY done with another dealer. She asks me where and I tell her. She again says "look, I'm looking at the entire inventory and that dealer does not have it, plus it's shady, I've heard some bad stories about them!" I just hang up because they sound like complete idiots. I then proceed to email her the written up offer and stock number. Haven't heard back. **** them.
      This is why I despise dealers and cannot wait for the Telsa direct sales model to take over someday. In 2017 there's no place for this kind of behavior anymore. Wish people could order cars from Amazon...
      Last edited by Harpoon; 03-17-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Vehicles
      '17 Accord Sport SE 6MT Andy Approved! - '12 Honda Pilot EX-L Family Truckster
      03-18-2017 10:41 AM #105
      Jesus H Christ, this dealership sucks.

Had a chat with the Sales Manager today. Went from "in stock" to "coming from MA" to now, "being shipped from HONDA on 3/20!" Really? He's going to call me on Monday with a more up to date ETA. But now I'm car-less as the Kizashi just drove away with her new owner.

Vehicles
      2011 CC 6MT, 2014 Tacoma 5MT, 2000 Miata SE 6MT
      03-18-2017 10:48 AM #106
      What the f... I though CVT ony??? Hot damn, I luved my 92 MT accord!

Vehicles
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      03-18-2017 11:07 AM #107
      Jesus H Christ, this dealership sucks.

Had a chat with the Sales Manager today. Went from "in stock" to "coming from MA" to now, "being shipped from HONDA on 3/20!" Really? He's going to call me on Monday with a more up to date ETA. But now I'm car-less as the Kizashi just drove away with her new owner.
      What happened to the unlocked car you sat in?
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

Vehicles
      03-18-2017 11:24 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      What happened to the unlocked car you sat in?
      That was a CVT

Vehicles
      03-18-2017 11:27 AM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by jspirate View Post
      What the f... I though CVT ony??? Hot damn, I luved my 92 MT accord!
      No you can still get 6MT in LX, Sport and EX trims.

Vehicles
      2003 Jetta 1.8t
      03-18-2017 11:50 AM #110
      So the other dealer wasn't wrong when they said that there wasn't anything in stock....

Oh well. Personally, I'd be willing to wait and feel even better knowing it's coming directly from the factory than sitting on a dealer's lot. Any hiccups beyond this, tell them you'd walk if they don't offer you some sort of compensation for your time. Maybe they can get you a loaner until the new one comes in.

Vehicles
      03-18-2017 11:55 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by Pickleheadguy View Post
      So the other dealer wasn't wrong when they said that there wasn't anything in stock....

Oh well. Personally, I'd be willing to wait and feel even better knowing it's coming directly from the factory than sitting on a dealer's lot. Any hiccups beyond this, tell them you'd walk if they don't offer you some sort of compensation for your time. Maybe they can get you a loaner until the new one comes in.
      That's what the Sales Manager hinted towards. More to come...

Edit: this is tempting. 2016 non-SE specs, but 6MT, 6K

Last edited by GolfTango; 03-18-2017 at 12:38 PM.

12. Member
      Vehicles
      03-18-2017 02:38 PM #112
      That's what the Sales Manager hinted towards. More to come...

Edit: this is tempting. 2016 non-SE specs, but 6MT, 6K

Don't do it. In a week or two this will all be over and you'll have a new one that's newer and with better options, and no questionable history (who dumps a SMR 6M Accord after 6k miles? I'm suspicious). Plus if you snag the new one off the truck covered in plastic, the dealer can't **** it up by installing swirls.

Vehicles
      KTM, Honda
      03-18-2017 02:40 PM #113
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      Don't do it.
      This. Don't do it. Wait.

Vehicles
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      03-18-2017 02:44 PM #114
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

Vehicles
      03-18-2017 02:54 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      This. Don't do it. Wait.
      Yeah I agree.

However I did drive a CVT equipped sport SE in SMR it wasn't bad at all. Yes it's not a 6MT and save the manuals, and 0-60 OMG, but it drove acceptably for a CVT. lower RPM at cruise, paddle shifters etc. And of course no more rowing in b2b traffic. Plus the dealer was ready to deal...$23.4K before tt&l with a lifetime powertrain warranty. It was ready to be prepped and delivered today. Almost, almost, sealed the deal.

Did I mention I hate car shopping?
      Last edited by GolfTango; 03-18-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Vehicles
      06 4runner, 85 gti
      03-18-2017 03:04 PM #116
      It's a new Honda, extended warranty not needed. No idea what may have happened to the used ones in the very short time before someone dumped them. Wait it out a couple more days.

This is when you actually read what you sign and acknowledge and point out that the only things that go in to a car sale with no fluff is the vehicle price, the TTL, and the doc fee. Anything else, you tell them to take it off or you walk (unless you want the extra garbage). There really aren't many components to the sale of the car. So I wouldn't worry about the out the door price, I'd worry about the itemized breakdown and knowing exactly what you're paying for, and telling the dealer to take a hike on the fluff. Nitrogen filled tires? I'm sorry, but the air I breathe is 79 mol % nitrogen already, so deflate the ****ers and fill them with human grade air and take your little green caps back.
      Thanks for the advice. I haven't bought a new car since 2002 and was in Oregon with no sales tax.

Vehicles
      A Mexican made German car and an American made Japanese van
      03-18-2017 04:23 PM #117
      Yeah I agree.

However I did drive a CVT equipped sport SE in SMR it wasn't bad at all. Yes it's not a 6MT and save the manuals, and 0-60 OMG, but it drove acceptably for a CVT. lower RPM at cruise, paddle shifters etc. And of course no more rowing in b2b traffic. Plus the dealer was ready to deal...$23.4K before tt&l with a lifetime powertrain warranty. It was ready to be prepped and delivered today. Almost, almost, sealed the deal.

Did I mention I hate car shopping?
      When we had our Accord(ex-l)before the Odyssey I was afraid of the CVT. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting.
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Rabbit, I'd love your meat.
      Quote Originally Posted by jnm2.0t View Post
      Reported.
      WE ARE FARMERS #5

Vehicles
      I used to drive a Rabbit5GTI or something. May also own a NATO Sand Jeep.
      03-18-2017 04:37 PM #118
      Don't go for the CVT.

I thought I'd be okay with an auto when we got the Mazda. Like you've been saying about the CVT - it's acceptable and this and that. I said the same thing about the auto unit - very, very good transmission (which it is), but to this day I still regret not getting the manual.

Especially since in your case you'd be getting the same exact trim otherwise, it sounds like a recipe for future regret if you were initially set on the manual.
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Vehicles
      KTM, Honda
      03-18-2017 04:44 PM #119
      If no other reason. Get the manual for the hill assist. It's neato

Vehicles
      03-18-2017 04:47 PM #120
      Quote Originally Posted by PizzaCat! View Post
      Don't go for the CVT.

I thought I'd be okay with an auto when we got the Mazda. Like you've been saying about the CVT - it's acceptable and this and that. I said the same thing about the auto unit - very, very good transmission (which it is), but to this day I still regret not getting the manual.

Especially since in your case you'd be getting the same exact trim otherwise, it sounds like a recipe for future regret if you were initially set on the manual.
      I'm going with the 6MT. It's all good. And I've been emailing the internet sales manager. I asked her when it comes in, please not mount the front plate bracket. Her reply:

Thank you for replying! As long as it is not mounted at port, it will not be mounted. When your car arrives, we will wisk it off for delivery prep, and it is Written in Red, DO NOT INSTALL FRONT PLATE BRACKET. We run like a fine tuned Machine!
      So my confidence is rebuilding with this dealer.
      Last edited by GolfTango; 03-18-2017 at 04:49 PM.

Vehicles
      I used to drive a Rabbit5GTI or something. May also own a NATO Sand Jeep.
      03-18-2017 05:00 PM #121
      I'm going with the 6MT. It's all good.
      Own a Chevrolet SS? Join the Official TCL Registry!

It's me, Rabbit, I promise.
      Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

22. Member
      Vehicles
      Fancy Accord, Covered Wagon, Family Truckster
      03-18-2017 07:16 PM #122
      We run like a fine tuned Machine!
      Uh oh. Is this the sales manager?

23. Member
      Vehicles
      03-18-2017 07:29 PM #123
      I'm going with the 6MT. It's all good. And I've been emailing the internet sales manager. I asked her when it comes in, please not mount the front plate bracket. Her reply:

So my confidence is rebuilding with this dealer.
      Erm, port? Isn't this car built in America?

Vehicles
      KTM, Honda
      03-18-2017 07:45 PM #124
      Erm, port? Isn't this car built in America?
      All vehicle distributor centers are called "ports". Most major cities have multiple railway distribution or lots (depending on where you are).

Vehicles
      03-19-2017 07:21 PM #125
      Hey guys...

For advertising information click HERE

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast