KilometerMagazine.com - VW Care
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: VW Care

Vehicles
      2017 Golf R, 2013 S5, 2011 A3 TDI, 2002 Golf Variant TDI
      03-17-2017 03:59 PM #1
      I just bought a new Golf R and am thinking of getting the VW Care Plus. I had Audi Care on my past two cars mainly for the AWD service which is almost $1000 on it's own. I'm thinking of doing the same thing for R because of the Haldex service. I brought this up with the dealer when I purchased the car, but all they wanted to sell me was their own maintenance plane which only covered oil changes and tire rotations.

My Audi Care covered everything for the scheduled maintenance other than just oil changes (air filter, brake fluid, etc.). Does VW Care only cover oil changes or is the dealership trying con me into something else? The info for the plan on VW is a bit vague.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf R Oryx White
      03-20-2017 08:28 PM #2
      I think you're better off staying with the VW plans, BUT the VW Care & Care Plus plans are quoted at $425/$482 on the VW web site. I'm starting to price these and the first quote I got was $425 for VW Care and $1399 for the Care Plus! Wait, what?

The Care Plus only includes the 40K & 50K services and the only extraordinary service time is a DSG transmission fluid change according to DAP's service page. The Haldex flush is on the VW Care at 30K. I have inquiries out to other dealers and will report my findings/pricing.

Vehicles
      2017 Golf R, 2013 S5, 2011 A3 TDI, 2002 Golf Variant TDI
      03-22-2017 06:48 PM #3
      I've brought it up with the dealer twice and they only want to sell me their oil change plan. Sorry, but no.

I guess I will have to call VW directly.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Golf R Oryx White
      03-22-2017 07:13 PM #4
      You might have to try a lot of dealers to get one that will sell the VW plan. I doubt they make much money off them which is why they prefer to sell third party plans. Keep trying. You'll find one selling VW Care.

For advertising information click HERE