KilometerMagazine.com - OEM e-Golf springs vs standard Golf?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

1. 03-20-2017 01:12 PM #1
      I am looking at suspension options, and I am wondering if the e-Golf's OEM springs are different than any other Golf models? Do they have a different spring rate to account for the battery weight? Or are they the same as any other Golf spring?

Thanks all!

2. 03-22-2017 09:33 AM #2
      Yes they are diffrent. Both front and rear have diffrent part numbers. What i can't tell you how they are diffrent

3. 03-22-2017 11:06 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by NoTorq View Post
      Yes they are diffrent. Both front and rear have diffrent part numbers. What i can't tell you how they are diffrent
      Any idea about the shocks?

4. 03-22-2017 12:20 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by schleppy View Post
      Any idea about the shocks?
      Those also different

5. 06-21-2017 10:01 AM #5
      Everything is different suspension-wise on the E-Golf compared to any other MKVII Golf...

In fact, I checked with H&R since I currently have a set of "H&R Sport" spring set on my current MKVII Golf that I wanted to put on the new E-Golf I'll get somewhere end of year but, VW tech told me it would physically fit but it won't be safe...

E-Golf is much heavier due to battery weight and center of gravity is much lower as well, making it a totally different car regarding handling and spring rate...

So far, only Neuspeed engineered a specific kit of lowering springs (don't know about coilovers or cup-kit...?) and just by looking at the pictures compared to a "normal" kit, it looks MUCH MUCH stronger so I guess they beefed up everything on the E-Golf.....;-)

Cheers

6. 06-21-2017 10:02 AM #6
      Thank you for the extra info! I will have to take a look at the Neuspeed springs.

Quote Originally Posted by plpaiement View Post
      Everything is different suspension-wise on the E-Golf compared to any other MKVII Golf...

In fact, I checked with H&R since I currently have a set of "H&R Sport" spring set on my current MKVII Golf that I wanted to put on the new E-Golf I'll get somewhere end of year but, VW tech told me it would physically fit but it won't be safe...

E-Golf is much heavier due to battery weight and center of gravity is much lower as well, making it a totally different car regarding handling and spring rate...

So far, only Neuspeed engineered a specific kit of lowering springs (don't know about coilovers or cup-kit...?) and just by looking at the pictures compared to a "normal" kit, it looks MUCH MUCH stronger so I guess they beefed up everything on the E-Golf.....;-)

Cheers

For advertising information click HERE