KilometerMagazine.com - E-Golf information for Canadians
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    1. 05-17-2017 08:05 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by Enoculator View Post
      I sort of figured that this online reservation thing was kind of gimmicky. Why reserve online when you can reserve with your dealers as well? If there are only limited number of dealers who are selling the e-Golf, then list them on vw.ca.
      Your right, too bad there wasn't any list. Being in Saskatchewan, the nearest dealer is in Winnipeg. Now I'm going through the process of getting my $1k back. All it said was "preferred dealer", well my preferred dealer is in town.

2. 05-18-2017 10:07 AM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by billd25 View Post
      Your right, too bad there wasn't any list. Being in Saskatchewan, the nearest dealer is in Winnipeg. Now I'm going through the process of getting my $1k back. All it said was "preferred dealer", well my preferred dealer is in town.
      Yup, you're right. The online reservation was a pure marketing tactic. I canceled my online reservation. If I would have known from the start that higher trims will only arrive in August/September, I would have never reserved. Very poor communication on VW's part.

3. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI
      05-18-2017 07:00 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by Enoculator View Post
      Sounds like you are doing the sports suspension. I'm also thinking about that since the acceleration is pretty awesome. Plus the lowered body would look pretty nice.
      Yeah I guess that's what we'll be looking at... He mentioned maybe H&R as well. It's something I think is necessary because of going from the 16" to 18" otherwise it would look like an alltrack!

4. 05-18-2017 07:35 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by Jiggamanyaheard View Post
      Yeah I guess that's what we'll be looking at... He mentioned maybe H&R as well. It's something I think is necessary because of going from the 16" to 18" otherwise it would look like an alltrack!
      I have a question regarding lowered suspension on the E-Golf...

Does anybody knows if an H&R Sport spring kit installed on my current MKVII Golf would fit the E-Golf...?

This kit :

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...-set/54786~hr/

I'm guessing my 17" GTI replica wheels will fit but, wasn't sure about the suspension. Any thoughts...?

5. Semi-n00b
      Vehicles
      2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI
      05-19-2017 09:49 AM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by plpaiement View Post
      I have a question regarding lowered suspension on the E-Golf...

Does anybody knows if an H&R Sport spring kit installed on my current MKVII Golf would fit the E-Golf...?

This kit :

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-h-and-r-...-set/54786~hr/

I'm guessing my 17" GTI replica wheels will fit but, wasn't sure about the suspension. Any thoughts...?

I was told they had to wait to get their demo on the lift to see how it all looked under there. I'm sure it will work but won't know until they see it live

6. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2015 Golf Comfortline TDI 6MT Pure White
      05-19-2017 10:08 AM #131
      vw.ca now shows $450 for the Oryx Pearl White.

7. 05-23-2017 02:16 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by marco.soliman86 View Post
      Yup, you're right. The online reservation was a pure marketing tactic. I canceled my online reservation. If I would have known from the start that higher trims will only arrive in August/September, I would have never reserved. Very poor communication on VW's part.
      I am thinking of cancelling my dealer deposit too.

Basically roughly 700 vehicles are allocated to Canada for 2017.
      500 going to Quebec
      200 split pretty much mostly by BC and Ontario
      Launch vehicles do not have drivers assistance package. I am curious who will really buy a 45k car without those features? I mean when your "boring" Toyotas and Kias all have them.......wtf is VW Canada thinking?

I doubt I will get mine before 2018.
      By then I should just get the Leaf mk2 instead......if the rumour of a 40kW or 60kW battery is true.
      Last edited by chrix; 05-23-2017 at 02:18 PM.

8. 05-23-2017 02:48 PM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by chrix View Post

500 going to Quebec
      Launch vehicles do not have drivers assistance package. I am curious who will really buy a 45k car without those features? I mean when your "boring" Toyotas and Kias all have them.......wtf is VW Canada thinking?

By then I should just get the Leaf mk2 instead......if the rumour of a 40kW or 60kW battery is true.

I requested my online refund 1 week ago and still haven't received my money. Really dissapointed with how VW handled this whole thing. You would think they would build the fully loaded ones first...

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Jetta Mk5; 2002 Golf Mk4
      05-23-2017 03:31 PM #134

500 going to Quebec

Where did you get the info that only 200 will be split between BC and Ontario?

05-23-2017 04:04 PM #135
      Somebody is feeding you alternate facts.

Yes, Quebec's share is larger due to the Quebec ZEV Mandate, but it does not represent over 70% of the national number. Let's call it ~50%.

500 going to Quebec
      The launch vehicles are a 50/50 mix of Comfortline without options and of Comfortline with Technology & Leatherette packages. And, yes, some customers do prefer their cars without the options.

Launch vehicles do not have drivers assistance package. I am curious who will really buy a 45k car without those features?

11. Today 08:12 AM #136
      Thanks for the correction but not sure if that changes anything.

Is it really that customers prefers the car without those options?? Or is it that they find those options overpriced and therefore not worth it?

Those safety features in the driver assistance package...are standard on the base $16k Corolla.

VW makes it ONLY available in the (almost) fully loaded configuration of their latest and greatest, AND have a delayed release. OF COURSE some people will "prefer" not to have it.

Seriously. A base Corolla!

I think if I ran a VW dealership I would be extremely pissed at VW Canada.
      Last edited by chrix; Today at 08:20 AM.

12. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2006 Jetta Mk5; 2002 Golf Mk4
      Today 08:51 AM #137
      Thanks for the correction but not sure if that changes anything.

Is it really that customers prefers the car without those options?? Or is it that they find those options overpriced and therefore not worth it?

Those safety features in the driver assistance package...are standard on the base $16k Corolla.

VW makes it ONLY available in the (almost) fully loaded configuration of their latest and greatest, AND have a delayed release. OF COURSE some people will "prefer" not to have it.

Seriously. A base Corolla!

I think if I ran a VW dealership I would be extremely pissed at VW Canada.
      Why are you comparing an eGolf to a Corolla? Corolla is an extremely high-volume ICE car, so of course it's a lot cheaper than a low-volume full BEV. The eGolf is made in Germany, the Corolla is made in Cambridge, ON. And the driver assistance package are safety features, but not compulsory because they are preventative, not post-collusion features like airbags and seat belts, so not everyone wants them. Some people don't want the car to tell them how to drive or drive for them.

Seriously, you are comparing apples to oranges.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456