KilometerMagazine.com - is anyone planning on keeping their TDI?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    1. 06-05-2017 02:07 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by PetePetePete View Post
      Skeptical of what? I have it from VW in writing and they spell out exactly what the payoff amount is and exactly what the wire transfer is. 26326.73 is the exact amount before loan payoff of 12013.70 with 14313.03 being my wire.
      Add in the $1000 package they gave me and the Bosch money, and I'm $452 ahead of what I paid for the car including taxes and all fees.

Are you saying they aren't going to do what is in writing? That would be impossible...
      Wow, boy did we get ****ed over in Canada...

I have roughly 19k and my cars "fair value" is about 15k. With the 5950 "good faith money" I'm looking at a total of 21k roughly so 2k in pocket once the exchange is made. Paid the car 30300$ taxed.

They sell us the same ****ing car (except they put km/h in them) and charge us 30% more (even after exchange rate) and they still low ball us the value... That sucks...

2. 06-05-2017 02:41 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Mrblah View Post

I have roughly 19k and my cars "fair value" is about 15k. With the 5950 "good faith money" I'm looking at a total of 21k roughly so 2k in pocket once the exchange is made. Paid the car 30300$ taxed.

They sell us the same ****ing car (except they put km/h in them) and charge us 30% more (even after exchange rate) and they still low ball us the value... That sucks...
      I think the disparity may be because of the car? I have an "S" (base model) with a manual trans. I don't know how much %-wise of the fancy options you get back on resale?

I do know that I love the 2014... and I love the 2015, but between the dealer and the factory I'm ready to finally just give up and buy the Mazda with the automatic trans. I won't have a manual, but I'll have a diesel.

Vehicles
      2010 Golf Wagen TDI 6MT, MKIV Jetta GLS TDI 5MT
      06-05-2017 03:11 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Mrblah View Post

2010 GSW 6M Highline w/190k km and we got $18,500 - I feel like it was more than fair.

4. 06-06-2017 08:19 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by PetePetePete View Post
      I think the disparity may be because of the car? I have an "S" (base model) with a manual trans. I don't know how much %-wise of the fancy options you get back on resale?

I do know that I love the 2014... and I love the 2015, but between the dealer and the factory I'm ready to finally just give up and buy the Mazda with the automatic trans. I won't have a manual, but I'll have a diesel.
      I have a base base base model TDI. "trendline" 6MT with the connectivity option.

Didn't even have OEM wheels, just steel rims.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12