8 Speed 3 Row FCA x 2
      04-12-2017 10:30 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Aonarch View Post
      For doing activities.

Ahem, so a little more space might be better

Hmm I'd the Acadia then.

Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      Well even the Titanium model with all the options,V6, AWD meets your price, needs and wants (including cooled seats). With discounts you could probably find one under $40k.
      And I think the Traverse actually looks better. Not sure when I last thought that of a Chevy truck over a GMC
      Family Garage:
      2016 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD - mine
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - for the kids to learn on and drive
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette <-- Father in Law's classic. We're just the caretaker/owners

Vehicles
      mk4 futura 1.8T GTI, mk6 CW GTI, awd outlander sport
      04-12-2017 10:34 AM #27
      Don't Care:
      - MPG
      - Price under $45k

What else are we missing?
      so you don't care if it's under $45k or not?

Bently Bentayga ($229k+) (600hp)

Porsche Cayenne ($60k+) (370+hp)

Porsche Macan ($47k+) (252+hp)

Jaguar F-Pace ($42k+) (340+hp)

Land Rover Range Rover Sport ($65k+) (254+hp)

BMW X5 ($56k+) (2

Cadillac XT5 ($40k+) (310hp)

Audi Q5 ($41k+) (220+hp)

Mercedes GLC ($40k) (241+hp)

i'm sure i'm leave a few out....
      praise the lowered

Originally Posted by George Bluth >>
      It's so obnoxious when VW Golf/Jetta owners comment

Vehicles
      16 LR DiscoSport 97 BMW M3 06 Land Rover LR3 06 330 Vert ZHP
      04-12-2017 10:37 AM #28

Can be had for you price point. Mine has been awesome for 15k so far. oil changes can be done in a driveway. takes 6qts of 5w30 and an inexpensive oil filter. Fits nicely in my garage.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Tiguan SEL 4MO; 2012 Beetle w/Sunroof
      04-12-2017 10:43 AM #29
      So what did the dealer's insurance propose?

Vehicles
      ATS-v | All Track CEL
      04-12-2017 10:45 AM #30
      Cheap to run is a factor though. We don't want $1500 in tires every 10k miles, or expensive brake jobs. Decently reliable helps too. Not looking for a Toyota Yaris, but we don't want to be punching bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      2016 BMW 340i M Sport
      04-12-2017 10:47 AM #31
      I love when people here post base prices for vehicles followed by a picture of the most upfitted model you can buy. A $42k F-Pace looks NOTHING like the one posted above. This is what anything less than about 55k buys you in an F-Pace.

http://www.speedsportlife.com
      @speedsportlife @zerinSSL
      2016 Melbourne Red BMW 340i MSport w/ Track Package

Vehicles
      2004 R32, 2012 Abarth
      04-12-2017 10:53 AM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by zerind View Post
      I love when people here post base prices for vehicles followed by a picture of the most upfitted model you can buy. A $42k F-Pace looks NOTHING like the one posted above. This is what anything less than about 55k buys you in an F-Pace.
      BARF. Those wheels are baaaad.
      Instagram: @clink_clank_clunk

West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Vehicles
      11 328i Touring, 16 Colorado Crew, Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      04-12-2017 10:59 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by col.mustard View Post
      so you don't care if it's under $45k or not?
      This is what skimming gets me. I thought he wanted the price to be under $45k since he was also asking cheap to run and no expensive tires/wheels. Thus that cut out a lot of the upper end. Since cost is no consideration, have at the high end.

Vehicles
      '14 WRB Frontier, '97 M3, '92 GTI project
      04-12-2017 11:02 AM #34
      That cheap F-pace doesn't look too bad. Doesn't look like tires or brakes will be expensive, and it looks like it could actually handle the off-pavement requirement that OP is going for. Wouldn't be a bad proposition if the interior is still comfortable and the driving dynamics don't suffer much. Would definitely be a function over form kind of vehicle.

Vehicles
      ATS-v | All Track CEL
      04-12-2017 11:05 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      This is what skimming gets me. I thought he wanted the price to be under $45k since he was also asking cheap to run and no expensive tires/wheels. Thus that cut out a lot of the upper end. Since cost is no consideration, have at the high end.
      Who doesn't want to save money though? We don't want a **** box, and it seems like $40 is a good number OTD for a ton of vehicles.

I am still thinking of this:

Would you guys go 3.6l 8 speed or diesel?

11. Member
      04-12-2017 11:06 AM #36
      From your serious consideration list my mom has a 2016 V60CC and they love it. I've driven it a bunch and really like it. It was a tiny bit of a step down on fit and finish compared to their 2005 GS300 it replaced (which I hated the interior in). But is still very very nice place to be.

Having not spent extended time in it to get to know it the entire dash is a little too much to attempt to do anything while driving if you are not familiar with it. I just ask someone else to adjust temp, volume, whatever so I can keep driving. Just wanted to point it out since on a test drive it could be off putting and make you not want it thinking it would be hard to get used to but they said it only took a few weeks.

I like it enough that when the guy who owns the building where my shop is picked a sedan up at an auction I tried to get the GF to buy it.

04-12-2017 11:07 AM #37
      Yeah, outside of roller skate wheels, I don't see what the issue is with the base F-Pace.

Does Genesis offer an AWD sedan? j/k

Out of your initial list, the Q5 is a compelling option, as would a GLA.

Chris
      | 2017 Korean Appliance SE | 2008 Suburban LTZ | 2003 Dodge Ram | 2002 BMW 530i con mañuel | 1974 SuperBeetle x 2 | 1979 Camaro | 1975 Scout |
      The poster formerly known as 200HP4dr

13. 04-12-2017 11:12 AM #38
      Unless you are limited on size spending $45k on a Canyon Denali doesn't make sense. You could buy a GM 1500 for the same price and model after discounts. If you need that smaller size truck a good option would be the ZR2 Colorado with the diesel. Diesel option gets 30mph highway, probably a couple less on the ZR2 model

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      ATS-v | All Track CEL
      04-12-2017 11:16 AM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by chris86vw View Post
      From your serious consideration list my mom has a 2016 V60CC and they love it. I've driven it a bunch and really like it. It was a tiny bit of a step down on fit and finish compared to their 2005 GS300 it replaced (which I hated the interior in). But is still very very nice place to be.

Having not spent extended time in it to get to know it the entire dash is a little too much to attempt to do anything while driving if you are not familiar with it. I just ask someone else to adjust temp, volume, whatever so I can keep driving. Just wanted to point it out since on a test drive it could be off putting and make you not want it thinking it would be hard to get used to but they said it only took a few weeks.

I like it enough that when the guy who owns the building where my shop is picked a sedan up at an auction I tried to get the GF to buy it.
      Her favorite car that she ever owned was an XC60 T6 AWD R-D. So she is used to the dash. I am thinking that is probably what she will end up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispyfritter View Post
      Yeah, outside of roller skate wheels, I don't see what the issue is with the base F-Pace.

Does Genesis offer an AWD sedan? j/k

Out of your initial list, the Q5 is a compelling option, as would a GLA.

Chris
      F Pace is cool. Any good leases? Say 800 credit.

Quote Originally Posted by crafferty View Post
      Unless you are limited on size spending $45k on a Canyon Denali doesn't make sense. You could buy a GM 1500 for the same price and model after discounts. If you need that smaller size truck a good option would be the ZR2 Colorado with the diesel. Diesel option gets 30mph highway, probably a couple less on the ZR2 model

I hear ya. Full size doesn't fit in the garage or driveway at the townhouse. We wanted a Denali for the smugness. ZR2 is badass but pretty manly. I'd buy one for me.

15. Member
      Vehicles
      Old German Japanese & American
      04-12-2017 11:20 AM #40
      Might as well toss the new Land Rover out there too.

Vehicles
      '16 3.0L A6,'16 A4, 02 Trailblazer
      04-12-2017 11:21 AM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by madrussian View Post
      If you don't care about the updated Q5, you can go get stupid deals on the outgoing generation of Q5's as the new ones are just hitting lots this week around here it seems.

I was offered 11% off on one, but didn't care to swing 2 lease payments for 6 months of overlap.
      I am taking off 15% all day plus incentives for my couple I have left. In the last 30 days we have sold close to 60 of them.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.

Vehicles
      It varies.
      04-12-2017 11:26 AM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by crafferty View Post

I have a loaded up Canyon (not a Denali) with the Duramax. It's nice, but it's not $50k nice to me. To me, the diesel feels about as torque as my 4.0 liter Tacoma did, but with less midrange and top end. The transmission also tends to feel like it's in too high a gear, so passing on the highway can be a bit annoying but it does cruise along pretty effortlessly.

Everyone's break even point will be different depending on how much they drive, but if I were in the market for one of these trucks I would seriously consider the gas engine. Otherwise if you're in the "want a truck but don't want/can't have a fullsize for reasons other than cost" camp, I would highly recommend. The only bad things I can say are the headlights aren't great, the door panels are plasticky and the console doesn't have any kind of organizer in it.
      Now this was a superior machine. Ten grand worth of gimmicks and high-priced special effects. The rear windows lit up with a touch like frogs in a dynamite pond. The dashboard was full of esoteric lights and dials and meters that I would never understand.

Vehicles
      '14 WRB Frontier, '97 M3, '92 GTI project
      04-12-2017 11:26 AM #43
      Mid-20s highway MPG for a 3.6L/8-speed Canyon isn't bad at all. That would be my choice over the diesel, since diesel is more expensive than 87 where I am, and the maintenance requirements for a N/A gasser is far below that of the turbodiesel.

Vehicles
      ATS-v | All Track CEL
      04-12-2017 11:39 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      I am taking off 15% all day plus incentives for my couple I have left. In the last 30 days we have sold close to 60 of them.
      Quote Originally Posted by 4.OMG View Post
      I have a loaded up Canyon (not a Denali) with the Duramax. It's nice, but it's not $50k nice to me. To me, the diesel feels about as torque as my 4.0 liter Tacoma did, but with less midrange and top end. The transmission also tends to feel like it's in too high a gear, so passing on the highway can be a bit annoying but it does cruise along pretty effortlessly.

Everyone's break even point will be different depending on how much they drive, but if I were in the market for one of these trucks I would seriously consider the gas engine. Otherwise if you're in the "want a truck but don't want/can't have a fullsize for reasons other than cost" camp, I would highly recommend. The only bad things I can say are the headlights aren't great, the door panels are plasticky and the console doesn't have any kind of organizer in it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Stevo12 View Post
      Mid-20s highway MPG for a 3.6L/8-speed Canyon isn't bad at all. That would be my choice over the diesel, since diesel is more expensive than 87 where I am, and the maintenance requirements for a N/A gasser is far below that of the turbodiesel.
      Ok so sounds like the 3.6 8AT is the way to go. We are in the, "Full size is too big" category. Townhouse with a small parking pad/ short two car garage. Then we both park in tight downtown parking garages at work.

Ready for a whole new holy **** Aonarch?

Flat towing. "We" aka her dad has an RV. We would LIKE, but not need, The ability to flat tow a vehicle behind it. Not 100% needed, but that would be cool to have.

20. Member
      Vehicles
      2011 BMW 135i
      04-12-2017 11:50 AM #45
      Ok so sounds like the 3.6 8AT is the way to go. We are in the, "Full size is too big" category. Townhouse with a small parking pad/ short two car garage. Then we both park in tight downtown parking garages at work.

Ready for a whole new holy **** Aonarch?

Flat towing. "We" aka her dad has an RV. We would LIKE, but not need, The ability to flat tow a vehicle behind it. Not 100% needed, but that would be cool to have.

This seems like a no brainer to me. Ford Edge Sport. Loaded with all the features you asked for. And this after a tune only.

https://youtu.be/Odrn7OpuN7o

Last edited by vwwtchr; 04-12-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Vehicles
      ATS-v | All Track CEL
      04-12-2017 11:51 AM #46

Vehicles
      Me: 2016 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner, Brilliant Silver. The wife: 2016 Honda CR-V Special Edition
      04-12-2017 12:06 PM #47
      Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro. Yeah.
      Quote Originally Posted by GoHomePossum View Post
      See? You have to relax before you can completely take in all of TCL's magic.

Vehicles
      ATS-v | All Track CEL
      04-12-2017 12:08 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by chuckster1 View Post
      Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro. Yeah.
      So I am not familiar with the new trims, but TRD Offroad Premium should meet the requirements?

Infotainment, heated/ cooled/ lumbar seats?

Vehicles
      mk4 futura 1.8T GTI, mk6 CW GTI, awd outlander sport
      04-12-2017 12:28 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by zerind View Post
      whine and ***** a little more please. I put a 2min google search into these pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptive Bunny View Post
      How did this thread go from Camaro budget to $45k give or take? And here I was halfway through recommending a Murano or Santa Fe.
      because he said THIS in the OP:

Originally Posted by Aonarch
      Don't Care:
      - MPG
      - Price under $45k
      which doesn't just imply, it clearly states that price (staying under $45k) is no concern.

Who doesn't want to save money though? We don't want a **** box, and it seems like $40 is a good number OTD for a ton of vehicles.

picture of GMC truck .jpg
      wait, so now price is a concern? AND now you want to stay under $40k instead of $45k? AND now you want a truck?

Needs:
      - AWD/ 4WD
      - Minor off-road capability (Don't get hung up on this, just driving to campsites and medium sized ruts)
      - Not a sedan
      - Not Japanese, minus luxury brands
      - Not FCA
      - Not VW
      - Good infotainment
      - Heated seats/ lumbar
      - 4 doors+
      - Not a full size truck (Garage space)

autotrader doesn't have the option to set minimum price at $45k and max price at $40k, nor truck that's not a truck.
      praise the lowered

Originally Posted by George Bluth >>
      It's so obnoxious when VW Golf/Jetta owners comment

Vehicles
      Never enough boost.
      04-12-2017 12:31 PM #50
      Chevy SS, no seriously think about it. If you can grab one for 20 % off there is no better car for the money. Bulletproof LS3 and it will very likely retain its value extremely well. Only downside would be fuel economy and parts being hard to find/expensive down the line. Second place goes to the Colorado. They are fantastic, that 3.6 is more of a car engine than a truck engine so its fun/quick to drive. They also look great, if I was in the market for a pick up, this would be it.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast