KilometerMagazine.com - For the First Time in 18 Years, I Am Carless
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    The Car Lounge
    Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Results 26 to 50 of 454
    1. Member SchnellFowVay's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 20th, 2001
      Location
      Las Vegas, NV
      Posts
      13,376
      Vehicles
      '17 STI Limited, Ross Edition
      04-16-2017 10:23 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Benzina! View Post
      Jeep Renegade.
      Bastard.

    2. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 2014
      Location
      KY
      Posts
      1,117
      Vehicles
      2005 Vibe GT, 2004 Ninja 250
      04-16-2017 10:44 AM #27
      Evo

    3. Member Dirty Hatch's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 15th, 2006
      Location
      Chandler,AZ
      Posts
      651
      Vehicles
      06 4runner, 85 gti
      04-16-2017 11:16 AM #28
      Had to get some warranty work done on the wife's civic yesterday. Saw a nice black 16 sti limited for $36k. Not sure what color and options you are looking for, but if your willing to make a trip out here, it's at Superstition Honda.

    4. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      35,383
      Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      04-16-2017 12:52 PM #29
      How many threads do you need to make about your next car?

    5. Member Mike!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2002
      Location
      Ontario & Ohio
      Posts
      17,902
      Vehicles
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      04-16-2017 01:00 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Wolfslash16 View Post
      I heard some of FCA's new offerings are pretty decent...

      Quote Originally Posted by Turbo Benzina! View Post
      Jeep Renegade.
      Oh you...

      OP, you need to update the sig now! That was a nice TTS though. I'm impressed how well those cars have held their value over the years.

      Focus RS sounds fun, Subaru interest be damned.

    6. Member fireside's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2008
      Posts
      1,312
      Vehicles
      14 focus st
      04-16-2017 01:51 PM #31
      Focus ST/RS

      Fusion Sport (slushbox exception)

      Charger 392 HEMI (slushbox exception, though it is a ZF 8)

      BMW 3/4 Series

      WRX/STI

      CPO EVO?

      Used CTS-V (yeeeeeeeee)

      Chevrolet SS

      idk.. that'd be my shortlist.
      2014 Ford Focus ST1 // fun
      2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport ES // daily
      2009 Kia Rio LX // hers

    7. Member SchnellFowVay's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 20th, 2001
      Location
      Las Vegas, NV
      Posts
      13,376
      Vehicles
      '17 STI Limited, Ross Edition
      04-16-2017 02:54 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      How many threads do you need to make about your next car?
      This is the first and only one . . .

    8. Member SchnellFowVay's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 20th, 2001
      Location
      Las Vegas, NV
      Posts
      13,376
      Vehicles
      '17 STI Limited, Ross Edition
      04-16-2017 06:50 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post

      Charger 392 HEMI (slushbox exception, though it is a ZF 8)

      WRX/STI

      Used CTS-V (yeeeeeeeee)
      These are all possibilities.

    9. Member xo_vw's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 30th, 2009
      Location
      Southern California
      Posts
      2,669
      Vehicles
      2016 Honda HR-V
      04-16-2017 06:52 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      How many threads do you need to make about your next car?
      Are you confusing him with AVcon?

    10. Member ZPayne's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 7th, 2014
      Location
      Frederick, MD
      Posts
      3,554
      Vehicles
      2017 VW Golf R
      04-16-2017 07:33 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      Just get the WRX or STI sans wing. You already stepped through the door with that idea. The interior isn't that much of a downgrade, really.
      Am I the only one who loves the wing on the STI?

    11. Member MonsterM's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 9th, 2005
      Posts
      3,682
      Vehicles
      Never enough boost.
      04-16-2017 07:34 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by ZPayne View Post
      Am I the only one who loves the wing on the STI?
      Yes...That thing is atrocious.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2006
      Location
      North Las Vegas
      Posts
      2,316
      Vehicles
      2017 Chevrolet SS 6M
      04-16-2017 07:58 PM #37
      If I'd gotten an STi, de-winging it would have been a must. Do dealers still do that?
      Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by smoothsix View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by HackAC View Post
      What would America be like today if everyone had to sit through a 2 hour TFL seminar?
      Lots of suicides

    13. Member Elite_Deforce's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2012
      Location
      Montreal, Quebec
      Posts
      7,692
      Vehicles
      2012 Mustang GT, 2008 Mazda3 GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      04-16-2017 08:03 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by ZPayne View Post
      Am I the only one who loves the wing on the STI?
      I like the wing, but I certainly wouldn't want to be seen driving one with it. The car is pretty enough without it in the right colour.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

    14. Member davewg's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2001
      Location
      NJ near Philly - for the steaks!
      Posts
      1,730
      Vehicles
      8 Speed 3 Row FCA x 2
      04-16-2017 08:54 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      Bastard.
      Family Garage:
      2016 Dodge Durango Citadel AWD - mine
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - for the kids to learn on and drive
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette <-- Father in Law's classic. We're just the caretaker/owners

    15. Member Ross1013's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 25th, 2012
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      13,167
      Vehicles
      '17 Golf R DSG, '12 Crosstour V6 AWD nav, '09 Civic Si 4d nav
      04-16-2017 08:57 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by ZPayne View Post
      Am I the only one who loves the wing on the STI?
      Nope. I love any functional aero.

      Quote Originally Posted by TJSwoboda View Post
      If I'd gotten an STi, de-winging it would have been a must. Do dealers still do that?
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      I like the wing, but I certainly wouldn't want to be seen driving one with it. The car is pretty enough without it in the right colour.
      Nothing says "I'm a tosser" like removing functional aero from a high-performance car just so you won't look like a tosser
      Past: '06 Accord V6, '95 Taurus SHO, '01 ITR, '98 Civic HX CVT

      Quote Originally Posted by jamerican1
      Dude, you know you're like the opposite of a purist, right?

    16. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      35,383
      Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      04-16-2017 09:53 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      This is the first and only one . . .
      http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-(STI-Content)

    17. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      35,383
      Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      04-16-2017 09:55 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by ZPayne View Post
      Am I the only one who loves the wing on the STI?
      Nope, I love it and my wife loves it.

      The wing is part of what makes an STI and STI.

    18. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      35,383
      Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      04-16-2017 10:00 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by TJSwoboda View Post
      If I'd gotten an STi, de-winging it would have been a must. Do dealers still do that?
      A lip spoiler is a factory option now for the Limited. Or you could do a trunk swap with a WRX owner.

      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      I like the wing, but I certainly wouldn't want to be seen driving one with it.

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 3rd, 2006
      Location
      North Las Vegas
      Posts
      2,316
      Vehicles
      2017 Chevrolet SS 6M
      04-16-2017 10:12 PM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      Nothing says "I'm a tosser" like removing functional aero from a high-performance car...
      Hey, what really says "I'm a tosser" is...

      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      ...just so you won't look like a tosser
      ...Hmm. Point taken.
      Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by smoothsix View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by HackAC View Post
      What would America be like today if everyone had to sit through a 2 hour TFL seminar?
      Lots of suicides

    20. Member SchnellFowVay's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 20th, 2001
      Location
      Las Vegas, NV
      Posts
      13,376
      Vehicles
      '17 STI Limited, Ross Edition
      04-16-2017 11:49 PM #45
      yeah, everyone, relax.

      Since 2015 Subaru sells the STI limited with a factory lip spoiler option from the factory. Most dealerships stock one or two at a time.

      For example: http://www.subaruoflasvegas.com/new/...archDepth=2:27

      If I go with an STI, I will be getting the lip spoiler option. The car looks better, and I can drive to a client's house in it without looking like a tool. At 125+MPH, however, which I will probably never reach, it will make a tad less downforce.
      Last edited by SchnellFowVay; 04-16-2017 at 11:55 PM.

    21. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      35,383
      Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      04-17-2017 12:23 AM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      If I go with an STI, I will be getting the lip spoiler option. The car looks better, and I can drive to a client's house in it without looking like a tool. At 125+MPH, however, which I will probably never reach, it will make a tad less downforce.
      The STI spoiler is functional at 80mph...

    22. Member BetterByDesign's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2004
      Location
      morgan hill, ca
      Posts
      9,580
      Vehicles
      E46 320, MK IV GTI
      04-17-2017 12:32 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      It's like I just got out of a very long marriage, and know I can play the field again. I plan to test drive dozens of cars. I am going to have fun with this!

      Soooo you'll be getting something "new" but basically the same issues will come up again?
      ______________________________________________

    23. Member Elite_Deforce's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2012
      Location
      Montreal, Quebec
      Posts
      7,692
      Vehicles
      2012 Mustang GT, 2008 Mazda3 GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      04-17-2017 12:42 AM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      Nothing says "I'm a tosser" like removing functional aero from a high-performance car just so you won't look like a tosser
      And nothing says "Who the **** is this guy?" when I pull up to meetings like a big ass wing on an otherwise normal-looking sedan. It is a catch-22. If I wanted mad gainz yo aero, I will stick to a sports coupe where the wing isn't as out-of-place. The only way I would option the wing is if I was regularly at the track, which is admittedly this car's raison d'etre. For those of us that don't do that and need to maintain a certain image (Schnell, for example, is a lawyer and needs to looks proper at times I would imagine), the wing is a no-go.

      If you buy one, I can't stop you for getting the wing. But don't knock others that don't want it.
      Last edited by Elite_Deforce; 04-17-2017 at 12:45 AM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

    24. Member Mike!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2002
      Location
      Ontario & Ohio
      Posts
      17,902
      Vehicles
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      04-17-2017 07:55 AM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      And nothing says "Who the **** is this guy?" when I pull up to meetings like a big ass wing on an otherwise normal-looking sedan. It is a catch-22. If I wanted mad gainz yo aero, I will stick to a sports coupe where the wing isn't as out-of-place. The only way I would option the wing is if I was regularly at the track, which is admittedly this car's raison d'etre. For those of us that don't do that and need to maintain a certain image (Schnell, for example, is a lawyer and needs to looks proper at times I would imagine), the wing is a no-go.

      If you buy one, I can't stop you for getting the wing. But don't knock others that don't want it.
      Does anyone really care whether a lawyer (or anyone) is driving an Impreza or an Impreza with a wing though? I feel anyone who would notice would be the ones to also notice the hood scoop and Brembos and know what an STI is, with or without wing. And those people would also respect it.

    25. Geriatric Member Hostile's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2001
      Location
      Near Rabbit5GTI
      Posts
      35,383
      Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      04-17-2017 09:08 AM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      Does anyone really care whether a lawyer (or anyone) is driving an Impreza or an Impreza with a wing though? I feel anyone who would notice would be the ones to also notice the hood scoop and Brembos and know what an STI is, with or without wing. And those people would also respect it.
      I work at a law firm and no one cares about the spoiler on my car.

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •