Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

The Car Lounge
    Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
      Vehicles
      2012 Mustang GT, 2008 Mazda3 GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      04-17-2017 03:33 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Ross1013 View Post
      You are literally too stupid to reply to. I'm saying if I were the OP and needed to impress rich clients and not look like a boy racer...I wouldn't be considering an STI or RS in the first place.

Absolutely nothing to do with the wing argument, which was a completely separate point.
      "You are literally too stupid to reply to."

Replies...

Removing the wing from an STI immediately alleviates the boy racer image. Why not buy a car you like if that's all it takes?
      Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      I don't know what your problem seems to be all the time. Not sure when you turned into such a douchebag.
      I would say we have both been pretty stable in our approaches and stances, so not sure what you're on about. I'll keep the name-calling to myself, though.
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      Panache, bruh.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

Vehicles
      Perpetually Searching For the Next Car . . .
      04-17-2017 03:38 PM #102

FCA can't even build a good car, let alone make a customer sh!tlist...afterall, how many people that sue them ever bother going back to buy another anyway? Can't imagine they'd go to the effort to create such a database.
      Chrysler Capital will 100% sure have records of me. I just got into a huge battle with them a couple of months ago because they erroneously reported a late payment on Renegade lease, AFTER the lawsuit had already been settled. It almost cost me a real estate investment that I was getting into. They ended up sending reversal letters to the various credit reporting agencies on my behalf, and it basically took another 6 weeks for my credit to return to normal.

I really just hate FCA. The more I talk about this, the more the anger resurfacing.

Vehicles
      04-17-2017 03:40 PM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      Chrysler Capital will 100% sure have records of me. I just got into a huge battle with them a couple of months ago because they erroneously reported a late payment on Renegade lease, AFTER the lawsuit had already been settled. It almost cost me a real estate investment that I was getting into. They ended up sending reversal letters to the various credit reporting agencies on my behalf, and it basically took another 6 weeks for my credit to return to normal.

I really just hate FCA. The more I talk about this, the more the anger resurfacing.
      I would not even test drive the Charger, to be honest. Even if the car turns out to be great, I wouldn't want to be associated with a company that has screwed you over so. Hell, I have nothing to do with FCA and I don't even want to be involved.
      Panache, bruh.
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

Vehicles
      '17 Golf R DSG, '12 Crosstour V6 AWD nav, '09 Civic Si 4d nav
      04-17-2017 03:46 PM #104
      Removing the wing from an STI immediately alleviates the boy racer image. Why not buy a car you like if that's all it takes?
      1. Because I'd be leaving OEM performance on the table and I don't like doing that.
      2. Does it really? They still sound and look pretty racy. Like you said, a Q50 seems to fit this situation much better if OP is concerned about optics with his clients.

I would not even test drive the Charger, to be honest. Even if the car turns out to be great, I wouldn't want to be associated with a company that has screwed you over so. Hell, I have nothing to do with FCA and I don't even want to be involved.
      This x1000!

OP, I'm saying this as someone who really likes you--I think you are the perfect candidate for hiring a car broker.
      Past: '06 Accord V6, '95 Taurus SHO, '01 ITR, '98 Civic HX CVT

Quote Originally Posted by jamerican1
      Dude, you know you're like the opposite of a purist, right?

Vehicles
      04-17-2017 03:53 PM #105
      1. Because I'd be leaving OEM performance on the table and I don't like doing that.
      2. Does it really? They still sound and look pretty racy. Like you said, a Q50 seems to fit this situation much better if OP is concerned about optics with his clients.
      1. I get your argument, but if someone buys a GTI or a WRX instead of the R/STI, then they are leaving OEM performance on the table too technically. Or if you don't option summer tires on a car that comes with all-seasons because you want your tires to last longer. In a way, leaving the wing off is a compromise that some people have to make, and that is ok. It doesn't detract from the greatness of the car much, so what the heck.

2. This does not look very racy. I mean, it does to us because of hella wheels yo and hella quad pipes yo, but to John Doe, it looks like a sedan. And there are Audis and BMWs that are louder than it that also do not come across as racy. The Q50 would be a better option if he was only concerned about optics with his clients, but if that was his only concern, then he would buy a beige BMW like everyone else and their mother and be done with it. Schnell also cares about what he drives.

Panache, bruh.

6. Member
      Vehicles
      2014 Mustang GT Premium; 2012 Beetle w/Sunroof
      04-17-2017 04:02 PM #106

This does not look very racy. I mean, it does to us because of hella wheels yo and hella quad pipes yo, but to John Doe, it looks like a sedan.
      I've never understood how anyone can think this is a good looking car, this car is absolutely atrocious looking, and this is the worst angle. Look in front of the front wheel from here, yuuuuuck.

BTW, didn't I just say this was a ho hum looking car to the average person and you pulled out a Lambo card saying the average person was going to recognize this as something other than a ho hum sedan, and now you're saying it just looks like a boring sedan to the average person? Hmmm.
      Last edited by puma1552; 04-17-2017 at 04:04 PM.

Vehicles
      04-17-2017 04:02 PM #107
      I've never understood how anyone can think this is a good looking car, this car is absolutely atrocious looking, and this is the worst angle. Look in front of the front wheel from here, yuuuuuck.
      It looks better in person and in WRB. It also drives far better than it looks.
      Panache, bruh.

8. Member
      Vehicles
      04-17-2017 04:06 PM #108
      No, it's...pretty ugly in person too.

Vehicles
      04-17-2017 04:14 PM #109

This x1000!

OP, I'm saying this as someone who really likes you--I think you are the perfect candidate for hiring a car broker.

Part of the fun for me is the chase :-). No car broker for me!

And I my goal with "optics" isn't too impress people, it's simply not to look like someone you wouldn't trust with your personal matters. A bright WRX STI with a huge Spoiler crosses that line for some people, at least in my mind. But I think the car is fine without the wing.

Vehicles
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      04-17-2017 04:15 PM #110
      I am always entertained by the chargebacks and lawsuits -- but, for your sanity, why not get something like a Lexus GS 350 this time? Dealer experience and reliability should both be stellar.
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      04-17-2017 04:15 PM #111
      That's like your opinion.

12. 04-17-2017 04:17 PM #112

BTW, didn't I just say this was a ho hum looking car to the average person and you pulled out a Lambo card saying the average person was going to recognize this as something other than a ho hum sedan, and now you're saying it just looks like a boring sedan to the average person? Hmmm.
      That's just the camera angle playing favors with the lines of the body. Plus the colour. Just needs a lil' lipu.

Something about a fresh start: I have mine everyday.

Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      04-17-2017 04:20 PM #113
      The only issue is that I commute a total of about 10k miles per year, and Las Vegas roads are generally brand new and smooth as glass (no snow/salt/potholes in the desert!). Also, stiff suspension doesn't bother me.
      I commute 50 miles a day in mine. That's ~12k miles a year just driving too/from work.

I love it. But I also understand why it's not everyone's cup of tea.

14. Member
      Vehicles
      04-17-2017 04:22 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by adrew View Post
      I am always entertained by the chargebacks and lawsuits -- but, for your sanity, why not get something like a Lexus GS 350 this time? Dealer experience and reliability should both be stellar.
      This is actually a really solid idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Perceptive Bunny View Post
      That's just the camera angle playing favors with the lines of the body. Plus the colour. Just needs a lil' lipu.

That pic doesn't do it any favors over the white one...still has terrible lines that don't flow at all. That blue is also insanely played out after 15 years.

Vehicles
      '15 STI & '16 R
      04-17-2017 04:24 PM #115
      The best option if I decide to go with a Charger might be to just get financing from my bank and pay cash at the dealer.
      Huh? Your financing institution would just be cutting the dealer a check.

Vehicles
      04-17-2017 04:25 PM #116
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Huh? Your financing institution would just be cutting the dealer a check.
      It depends on the institution. But regardless, if I buy an FCA product, I will likely bypass Chrysler Capital.

17. Member
      Vehicles
      Fancy Accord, Covered Wagon, Family Truckster
      04-17-2017 04:26 PM #117
      Eh, Just make the most of it.

1.) Eat big mexican lunch
      2.) Test drive Charger
      3.) FART IT UP

And I my goal with "optics" isn't too impress people, it's simply not to look like someone you wouldn't trust with your personal matters. A bright WRX STI with a huge Spoiler crosses that line for some people, at least in my mind. But I think the car is fine without the wing.
      Didn't stop Ernesto:

Vehicles
      04-17-2017 04:27 PM #118
      I kind of like the way the WRX/STI look.

They are not, by any means, "beautiful" cars by any means.

But they look like rally cars. And that's what they are.

Vehicles
      04-17-2017 04:27 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by zmt2 View Post

Didn't stop Ernesto:

Great catch!

I love that show!

Vehicles
      8 Nozzles and 16 Valves
      04-17-2017 04:30 PM #120

I hear you on that. When I was consulting in our dealer group, that decision swayed me into an SS and not the stupid cheap employee lease deal on the Z06. When paying me came directly out of somebodies pocket, I thought pulling up in a Z06 would have sent the wrong message, even if they knew how cheap the lease was.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen.
      Quote Originally Posted by bothhandsplease View Post
      Brendan told me to get the best discount, I had to send dick pics. I thought this was standard car buying practice.
      Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
      Brendan and his all knowing heavy breathing baboon are correct.

21. Member
      Vehicles
      1991 Jetta GLI 16v, 2016 Golf GTI S
      04-17-2017 04:30 PM #121
      I've never understood why some men prefer obese women but I don't deny that beauty is absolutely totally subjective.

Vehicles
      '17 Golf R DSG, '12 Crosstour V6 AWD nav, '09 Civic Si 4d nav
      04-17-2017 04:31 PM #122

There's a downside to just having a car that looks like a regular economy car as well, though.

I wouldn't want to show up in a base Impreza any more than a WRB STI with the king wing.

If you just want to look reliable and upwardly mobile, then the single best answer is to show up in the family car with the baby seat. Not splitting hairs about when your super-sport compact starts to actually look like one.
      Past: '06 Accord V6, '95 Taurus SHO, '01 ITR, '98 Civic HX CVT

Quote Originally Posted by jamerican1
      Dude, you know you're like the opposite of a purist, right?

Vehicles
      04-17-2017 04:35 PM #123
      That pic doesn't do it any favors over the white one...still has terrible lines that don't flow at all. That blue is also insanely played out after 15 years.
      Lol.
      Eh, Just make the most of it.

1.) Eat big mexican lunch
      2.) Test drive Charger
      3.) FART IT UP

Didn't stop Ernesto:

I laughed harder at this than I thought I would.
      Panache, bruh.

24. 04-17-2017 04:40 PM #124

Didn't stop Ernesto:

Haha.. that evo is so out of place in that show along with Ernesto's personality being the owner of it.

25. 04-17-2017 04:45 PM #125
      This is actually a really solid idea.

You subjected the front flare and missed the flow along with the rear body flare. Sti Blue and other darker colors bring that out-- not sure why I'm even using the word "flow" in regards to a rally car, but ok.

For advertising information click HERE

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast