KilometerMagazine.com - Removing scratches on interior hard plastics?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

1. 04-17-2017 11:50 AM #1
      My neighbor showed me her car yesterday. It has a bunch of scuffs/scratches on the seat back, from her kids kicking it, and some other scratches on the soft plastic on the glove box. The car is a Kia Soul, around 4 years old.

I'm a beginner detailer, and am looking for some products and techniques to improve the appearance. Does anyone have some ideas? Big thanks, C-RAY

Vehicles
      '17 Accord Sport SE 6MT Andy Approved! - '12 Honda Pilot EX-L Family Truckster
      05-12-2017 10:15 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by canadacraig View Post
      My neighbor showed me her car yesterday. It has a bunch of scuffs/scratches on the seat back, from her kids kicking it, and some other scratches on the soft plastic on the glove box. The car is a Kia Soul, around 4 years old.

I'm a beginner detailer, and am looking for some products and techniques to improve the appearance. Does anyone have some ideas? Big thanks, C-RAY
      I've heard using a green scotch brite pad to fine steel wool to a heat gun, but these will all dull the finish. But what I've done is this:

Use a very fine steel wool to remove the scratch appearance.

Use a grease/wax remover like a dupicolor prep wipe.

Then mask off and spray the trim piece with a quality plastic paint like Eastwood (pricy) or SEM Color Coat (cheap). If it's black, the SEM satin black matches with most interior blacks.

I have some pics of my steering wheel shroud that I refinished due to key scratches, let me see if I can dig them up.
      Last edited by GolfTango; 05-12-2017 at 04:32 PM.

For advertising information click HERE