KilometerMagazine.com - New 2015 TDI models are selling again, would you buy?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    1. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 Alltrack S, 2015 eGolf SEL
      05-20-2017 02:17 AM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Phil37 View Post
      The MK7 came out like 1-2 years before in Europe vs. North America.
      Waiting a year or more for the US market to get a new product after Europe gets it has been a practice at VW since at least the days of the Dasher/Mk I Passat. You could argue it goes back to the original Beetle.
      Last edited by RonDawg; 05-20-2017 at 02:19 AM.

2. Member
      Vehicles
      '15 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
      05-20-2017 07:57 AM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by rfiglia View Post
      After putting a deposit on a Golf SEL with DSG I bailed because I wanted a manual. Searched all over my area (Long Island), found 2 white manual S Wagons at Open Road VW in Manhattan. Worked out a deal over the phone that I could not refuse. Sad to see the GTI go but I'm finally a diesel owner! MSRP was $24,595, $26,035 with destination charge, splash guards, Monster Mats, roadside assistance kit and wheel locks. $1550 off sticker $5000 VW Cash and the 0% 72 months plus more then I wanted for my GTI.. I'm very happy with the deal and averaged 44 mpg on the way home in heavy traffic and hwy driving...(as per MFI) Will start using my Fuelly to get accurate reading on next tank..
      They still have 1 manual left as of when I left...
      I found my SE 6MT nearby. Pretty funny how that happened. This is a dealer who never replied to my cars.com inquiries, not one of them. But when I called last week about an S manual they told me it had just sold, then mentioned the deal fell through on the SE manual they had (credit issues). I couldn't believe my ears, that was a car I kept inquiring about. I paid the deposit on the spot, they ran my credit, we agreed on the lease deal, and I'm supposed to pick it up in about three weeks (need to fly in from western PA). Just as I had given up on finding an SE 6MT...

3. Member
      Vehicles
      2017 GSW S 5MT
      05-20-2017 08:45 AM #103
      Quote Originally Posted by RonDawg View Post
      Waiting a year or more for the US market to get a new product after Europe gets it has been a practice at VW since at least the days of the Dasher/Mk I Passat. You could argue it goes back to the original Beetle.
      Alright RonDawg, you got me there. That's true. I guess the near 2 year long wait for VW to sell the TDI GSW in addition to our standard 1-2 year waiting time of the car to come to US markets kind of killed it for me.

4. Member
      Vehicles
      '15 Golf Sportwagen TDI SE
      Today 09:01 AM #104
      Hey, I can't seem to find this info anywhere: what is VW mandating that dealers do to these "new" 2015's TDI's before selling them? I mean, check/replace battery, check/replace tires etc, that kind of stuff. Does anyone have a complete list? Thanks!

Vehicles
      2015 Golf Sportwagen S Manual Pure White
      Today 10:06 AM #105

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For advertising information click HERE

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345