KilometerMagazine.com - Wiring VR6 OBD1 to MK2 CE1 fusebox
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

1. 04-21-2017 05:11 AM #1
      Hi guys,

After spending days searching for how-to's or guides for this I'm just going to pop the question;
      Is there any how-to or guide on the interwebs on how to wire a VR6 ODB1 harness to a CE1 fusebox ?

I've put a VR6 turbo into my MK2 Jetta (1984) and the next thing to do is the wiring. Apparently I have the "worst case scenario" being a CE1 car and OBD1 engine.
      Almost every post/guide/how-to I found was on MK2 VR6 swaps using CE2 fuse boxes, MK3 clusters,... & with a OBD2 harness. No relevant information on a OBD1 to CE1 conversion .
      The engine is already completely (re)build & I will be running a standalone ECU which will be wired using an OEM ecu connector (pinned out). No big changes should be needed to the harness except for the connection to the fusebox.
      Switching to CE2 fusebox and other internal cabling is not an option for me, I would like to keep this as is being CE1.
      I know most of you would recommend renewing all the wiring; due to my lack of experience & knowledge I'm not able to do this myself so for now, the OEM wiring will be used.

Grtz!
      Nico

2. Member
      Vehicles
      94 golf
      04-22-2017 11:37 AM #2
      The problem is there are a million different variants of ce1. There was no standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3. 04-25-2017 09:54 AM #3
      I might figure that there are some differences comparing EU vs USA version but other than that, were there any withing the MK2 series (golf/jetta) ?

Vehicles
      81 Rabbit Convertible 1.8t project
      04-25-2017 09:37 PM #4
      Last edited by Space9888; 04-25-2017 at 09:41 PM.

For advertising information click HERE