KilometerMagazine.com - Recommend me: dual channel dash cam with high heat tolerance
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Vehicles
      3d
      04-21-2017 11:08 AM #1
      Hi all.

My wife has recently changed jobs and will be traveling throughout much of Arizona. When she travels out of the Phoenix metro area, she will most likely be provided a rental car. However, this has not been confirmed.

I would like to find a 2 channel setup for her. Mainly to cya in the event of an insurance situation. Also, for the occasional craziness that she has seen in the past and tried to tell me a story about.

The vast majority of her work driving will be during the day. We use her car for most of our weekend activities, so having decent night capabilities would be nice.

Living in the valley of death...I mean the sun, where temperatures can get to 120+ Fahrenheit outside, some rear view mirrors struggle to stay stuck to the windshield, and living things can die inside of a closed car, heat seems that it could be an issue.

One other note, she might switch from her TLX to a truck. I'm not sure if consideration needs to be taken for the larger interior space.

Quick Google search and I found BlackSys CH-100B 2 Channel. It has 4/5 stars on Amazon from 25 reviews at $290.

Does anyone have experience or recommendation for my situation?

TIA
      i have nerd tendencies

i work in a world of shoulds (>ლ)

2. Member
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf R
      04-27-2017 04:31 AM #2
      The Blacksys CH-100B is exactly what you are looking for. Best in the market in terms of what you are requesting.. super high heat endurance and 2 channel
      Cheaper here - https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collec...nt=34505169799

discreet, 2 channels, wifi enabled, parking mode, gps.. what's really impressive is it's max temperature at 158F while also generating less heat than most and having a ton of cooling vents
      To minimize direct sun exposure should install right under the dot matrix

For advertising information click HERE