KilometerMagazine.com - Ran into a problem.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

1. 05-16-2017 06:27 AM #1
      Can I move my maf to a charge pipe or does it have to be on a intake side? Small room to work and I'm trying to find a easy solution before going crazy on the firewall..

Sent from my ZTE B2017G using Tapatalk

2. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      2001 VW Golf GTi Wolfsburg VR6
      05-16-2017 09:55 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by NY_3R View Post
      Can I move my maf to a charge pipe or does it have to be on a intake side? Small room to work and I'm trying to find a easy solution before going crazy on the firewall..

Looks like a sweet build. What size turbonetics do you have? Also the maf should be (ideally) no more than 12 inches from the intake manifold, but on a turbo setup I have seen many people run them further down without issues, just a matter of if you wiring reaches that far, but DEFINITELY don't move it to the non intake side as the MINIMAL temp difference will be enough to make a BIG difference in tuning and power.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

3. Member
      05-16-2017 10:33 AM #3
      The MAF sensor should be on the intake side, schematically immediately following the air filter (e.g., before the PCV return pipe).
      Kenji

4. 05-16-2017 04:00 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by PlusNoir View Post
      Looks like a sweet build. What size turbonetics do you have? Also the maf should be (ideally) no more than 12 inches from the intake manifold, but on a turbo setup I have seen many people run them further down without issues, just a matter of if you wiring reaches that far, but DEFINITELY don't move it to the non intake side as the MINIMAL temp difference will be enough to make a BIG difference in tuning and power.

Thanks, TURBONETIC 11008 T3 T04 60 SERIES .63 A/R 60 TRIM 5 BOLT DOWNPIPE TURBO CHARGER

5. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      05-16-2017 04:12 PM #5
      Thanks, TURBONETIC 11008 T3 T04 60 SERIES .63 A/R 60 TRIM 5 BOLT DOWNPIPE TURBO CHARGER

Also, depending on the tune you go with you are going to have to upgrade you MAF to the 4" one used by the 4.2L v8 in the Audis, from a parts shop online they are $40. Junkyard probably $20

6. 05-16-2017 09:35 PM #6
      i will be running the c2 tune with 12lbs boost..
      Also, depending on the tune you go with you are going to have to upgrade you MAF to the 4" one used by the 4.2L v8 in the Audis, from a parts shop online they are $40. Junkyard probably $20

7. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      05-16-2017 09:48 PM #7
      i will be running the c2 tune with 12lbs boost..
      Check with them then if it isn't stated on the tune itself, i know on the Unitronic and similar want the 4" MAF. I've seen them with stock maf and idle is weird. Just a $20-$40 fix solves the problem and opens up better air.

8. 05-16-2017 10:57 PM #8
      Check with them then if it isn't stated on the tune itself, i know on the Unitronic and similar want the 4" MAF. I've seen them with stock maf and idle is weird. Just a $20-$40 fix solves the problem and opens up better air.

I'll definitely check into it. Thanks

9. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      05-16-2017 11:05 PM #9
      I'll definitely check into it. Thanks

Ya np, have fun with the build, hope u are doing a head spacer or new pistons to lower compression, had a few budies who didn't and their 300whp+ builds didn't last long.

10. 05-17-2017 01:09 PM #10
      Ya np, have fun with the build, hope u are doing a head spacer or new pistons to lower compression, had a few budies who didn't and their 300whp+ builds didn't last long.

Yes, I did the head spacer. I also have a 75 shot wet system(zex)hooked up to that motor hopefully everything holds.

11. Junior Member
      Vehicles
      05-17-2017 01:55 PM #11
      Yes, I did the head spacer. I also have a 75 shot wet system(zex)hooked up to that motor hopefully everything holds.

Arp head studs, new pistons rings, new valve springs, head spacer, medium boost, good clutch and flywheel, and catch can is what really keeps the motor and trans tight. 300+whp all day everyday with a good tune from C3 and maybe a mild adjustment from your local tuner just to dial it in. The people who did it right on VWVortex kept their build running for a long time and at low maintenance costs. Good Luck my friend, have fun, and enjoy.

12. 05-18-2017 10:33 AM #12
      Give you guys an idea where I am with this build, today I will be installing the oil return line. I have a feeling intercooler pipes are going to give me a problem..

For advertising information click HERE