KilometerMagazine.com - Motor and transmission mounts
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

1. 05-18-2017 10:40 AM #1
      Ok I have looked and read and am down to bfi stage 1 or 034 street density mounts. I have read that the 034 are probably the best for nhv. I like that I can get replacement bus songs for the bfi if need be without needing all new mounts. I have the 034 dogbone insert and ecs pendulum mount currently and have some vibration at low starting speed but I don't mind with exception of I have to find how to stop the gauge pod from rattling. If money were not a concern I would just buy the vwr set and be done but....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 05-19-2017 10:30 AM #2
      What about ecs?

3. 05-19-2017 10:40 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by BevHillsTrainer View Post
      What about ecs?
      I was going to buy them all as a set when I bought the pendulum mount but the pendulum was on sale and the group price did not reflect that so I bought it solo. When I asked ecs about the package deal being adjusted they gave me 10$ off the group price when I was getting the pendulum alone for about 30$ off. I wasn't overly happy about that so I kinda ruled them out this time.

I thought about it but ended up buying torque solutions last night they were on sale and are between a stage 1 and stage 2 bfi for hardness of material. I was worried 60 duro was going to be to soft for stage 2 and my very aggressive driving habits. And the sale made them more attractive than bfi for the price. I also like they are all black in a black car they will blend in and not stand out much. Now I just hope I don't rattle my teeth out lol

4. 05-19-2017 08:57 PM #4
      Cool. If my beetle turbo is a daily driver, which one of the two (motor/tranny) is going to make the ride the roughest?

5. 05-20-2017 06:20 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by BevHillsTrainer View Post
      Cool. If my beetle turbo is a daily driver, which one of the two (motor/tranny) is going to make the ride the roughest?
      From what I have read it would depend on how hard of material are in the mounts. From what I could find the 034 street mounds you should be ok using both without a change. If you go like I did for harder mounts it will help performance but will notice the car having more vibrations and being a bit louder. I think i will let you know when I get mine in next week how they are. I am not expecting it to be that bad but i will have to wait and see.

6. 05-20-2017 06:55 PM #6
      Ok thanks, definitely interested in your feedback 👍🏻

For advertising information click HERE