KilometerMagazine.com - Motor and transmission mounts
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

1. 05-18-2017 10:40 AM #1
      Ok I have looked and read and am down to bfi stage 1 or 034 street density mounts. I have read that the 034 are probably the best for nhv. I like that I can get replacement bus songs for the bfi if need be without needing all new mounts. I have the 034 dogbone insert and ecs pendulum mount currently and have some vibration at low starting speed but I don't mind with exception of I have to find how to stop the gauge pod from rattling. If money were not a concern I would just buy the vwr set and be done but....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. 05-19-2017 10:30 AM #2
      What about ecs?

3. 05-19-2017 10:40 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by BevHillsTrainer View Post
      What about ecs?
      I was going to buy them all as a set when I bought the pendulum mount but the pendulum was on sale and the group price did not reflect that so I bought it solo. When I asked ecs about the package deal being adjusted they gave me 10$ off the group price when I was getting the pendulum alone for about 30$ off. I wasn't overly happy about that so I kinda ruled them out this time.

I thought about it but ended up buying torque solutions last night they were on sale and are between a stage 1 and stage 2 bfi for hardness of material. I was worried 60 duro was going to be to soft for stage 2 and my very aggressive driving habits. And the sale made them more attractive than bfi for the price. I also like they are all black in a black car they will blend in and not stand out much. Now I just hope I don't rattle my teeth out lol

4. 05-19-2017 08:57 PM #4
      Cool. If my beetle turbo is a daily driver, which one of the two (motor/tranny) is going to make the ride the roughest?

5. 05-20-2017 06:20 PM #5
      Cool. If my beetle turbo is a daily driver, which one of the two (motor/tranny) is going to make the ride the roughest?
      From what I have read it would depend on how hard of material are in the mounts. From what I could find the 034 street mounds you should be ok using both without a change. If you go like I did for harder mounts it will help performance but will notice the car having more vibrations and being a bit louder. I think i will let you know when I get mine in next week how they are. I am not expecting it to be that bad but i will have to wait and see.

6. 05-20-2017 06:55 PM #6
      Ok thanks, definitely interested in your feedback 👍🏻

7. 06-01-2017 09:12 AM #7
      Ok thanks, definitely interested in your feedback

Ok so it's been about 400ish miles on the new mounts.

First test after I was terrified I would not be able to leave them on but I know there is a break in period. So I leave them on and drive.

Now they are not bad. Yes there is more noise and vibration. The largest adaptation is the transmission noise. But it is getting less noticeable and I expect it to not be as noticeable at the end of the break in.

Wheel hop is gone the car feels better all around I can tell when I am going to loose grip now and can feather the gas better to prevent tire spin.

Wife did not like the added noise but I expect it will calm down and she will notice it less as time goes on. If not I might look at a 034 street density transition mount to take the transmission sounds down and I am sure she would be happy.

8. 06-01-2017 10:26 AM #8
      Thanks! I'll probably go with just the motor mount, unless I go nuts and stage 3+ this thing

For advertising information click HERE