KilometerMagazine.com - CTS parts good?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: CTS parts good?

1. 05-19-2017 02:35 AM #1
      Modded euros is having a sale on a few parts I'm interested in buying and they're all CTS. Just wondering if it's a solid brand and worth grabbing up on sale or just put the extra money out for another brand?

Parts in question are the downpipe, turbo inlet, and turbo muffler delete. Any advice would be appreciated!
      Last edited by vdubfan35; 05-19-2017 at 03:07 AM.

2. 05-19-2017 03:46 AM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by vdubfan35 View Post
      Modded euros is having a sale on a few parts I'm interested in buying and they're all CTS. Just wondering if it's a solid brand and worth grabbing up on sale or just put the extra money out for another brand?

Parts in question are the downpipe, turbo inlet, and turbo muffler delete. Any advice would be appreciated!
      My personal opinion is they are lower lever I had gli and had there DP and the welds broke on it and there were several other people that had same issues with it. I personally try to stay away from there stuff but that being said there are a couple minor things I've had with no issues

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Vehicles
      1987 Golf GT (Garaged), 2015 GTI (Daily)
      05-19-2017 08:37 AM #3
      I have their turbo inlet and throttle pipe. Quality is pretty good. Only complaint I have was some overspray into where you bolt in the inlet pipe, but easily cleaned out. Heard mix reviews about the DP, but it could have been the first batch that people were having issue with.
      - 15' GTI: S | 2DR | 6MT | CSG | APR 2+ | APR DP/Intake/Inlet-Pipe | RSR Clutch | GFB DV+ | CTS Turbo Inlet Elbow| CTS Throttle Pipe | Neuspeed TDK | BFI Clean Catch Can | ECS Bleeder Block | Clutch Spring Mod | BFI S1 Mounts | F1 30% | deautokey LEDs | OEM Splash Guards | Soundaktor Delete | PLS Delete
      - 87' Golf GT: 2DR | 5MT | Black | OEM+ | Family owned and operated since 1986

4. 05-19-2017 03:54 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Schultzie78 View Post
      My personal opinion is they are lower lever I had gli and had there DP and the welds broke on it and there were several other people that had same issues with it. I personally try to stay away from there stuff but that being said there are a couple minor things I've had with no issues

We sell hundreds of their downpipes. I personally have not seen a single customer ticket yet with downpipes cracking or anything of that nature. Often times with exhaust products they can be installed wrong which causes fitment to be off. We see this across all brands.

We have run CTS products on our S3 and our Project MK6 being built now has a whole line of CTS products in it.

Feel free to drop us an email at support@moddedeuros.com with any questions.
      ECU Flashing Now Available at Modded Euros
      Flash your Audi/VW from Home!
      Visit: www.ModdedEuros.com for more Info!

Vehicles
      16 GTI Autobahn , 15 Tiguan R-Line
      05-19-2017 04:07 PM #5
      I have used quite a few of their products and never had an issue with anything. Running their catted DP on my GTI and love it, quite as stock until you get on it then it's one of the nicest sounds I have heard from our cars. Just remember no one ever post to the forums that they bought product X and it's working as designed. We only complain when it's broke

6. 05-19-2017 04:20 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by magyarbryce View Post
      I have used quite a few of their products and never had an issue with anything. Running their catted DP on my GTI and love it, quite as stock until you get on it then it's one of the nicest sounds I have heard from our cars. Just remember no one ever post to the forums that they bought product X and it's working as designed. We only complain when it's broke
      I understand all that and although not entirely true I have and other have posted stuff (positive) stuff about products. I was just giving my opinion which pertains to my experience with there products and while I don't think they're all bad as I do run there stuff still i was just giving my opinion. Maybe my problem was more centralized with the mk6 gli because there were a lot of us that it happened to and I'm sure it has since been corrected.

7. 05-19-2017 07:02 PM #7
      IMHO warning:

I was thinking about purchasing a few parts from them, but was turned off by my chip tuner saying upgrading the piping isn't worth the money because the tune wouldn't change, so I didn't. I just bought the Turbo inlet pipe, the one that attaches to the end of the CAI. I think the quality is good and I don't expect problems from it, I just wanted extra turbo inlet noise.

Their prices are very mid range for the US market, but being a Canadian, and being local to them, I find their business practices a little shady. USD is worth a lot more right now and they won't charge you CDN for the product, only convert at whatever is the current exchange rate.

I figured they would / should have a decent pricing model for locals and Canadians to make them competitive enough to buy locally (much like Unitronic does, listing CDN and USD prices). This troubles me as I don't want to pay their price +25% THEN 12% taxes, so I only bought one part and probably won't ever shop with them again.

When asked, I was told Canadian business, and local business, accounts for not much of their sales. Canadian company chomping Canadians. All of the above are reasons I won't go back and buy from them.

Ps.

I know I'll get one response flaming what I'm saying. I see it from a customer service angle, if I had a local guy wanting to pick something up I wouldn't charge him out the ass and make bank off of him, because like me, he will only be a one time customer. I would focus on bringing him/me back again and again. Charging me out the ass for something that is essentially a bent pipe, doesn't speak much to customer service.
      Last edited by Lorne117; 05-19-2017 at 07:04 PM.

8. 05-19-2017 07:13 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Lorne117 View Post
      IMHO warning:

I was thinking about purchasing a few parts from them, but was turned off by my chip tuner saying upgrading the piping isn't worth the money because the tune wouldn't change, so I didn't. I just bought the Turbo inlet pipe, the one that attaches to the end of the CAI. I think the quality is good and I don't expect problems from it, I just wanted extra turbo inlet noise.

Their prices are very mid range for the US market, but being a Canadian, and being local to them, I find their business practices a little shady. USD is worth a lot more right now and they won't charge you CDN for the product, only convert at whatever is the current exchange rate.

I figured they would / should have a decent pricing model for locals and Canadians to make them competitive enough to buy locally (much like Unitronic does, listing CDN and USD prices). This troubles me as I don't want to pay their price +25% THEN 12% taxes, so I only bought one part and probably won't ever shop with them again.

When asked, I was told Canadian business, and local business, accounts for not much of their sales. Canadian company chomping Canadians. All of the above are reasons I won't go back and buy from them.

Ps.

I know I'll get one response flaming what I'm saying. I see it from a customer service angle, if I had a local guy wanting to pick something up I wouldn't charge him out the ass and make bank off of him, because like me, he will only be a one time customer. I would focus on bringing him/me back again and again. Charging me out the ass for something that is essentially a bent pipe, doesn't speak much to customer service.
      Yeah coming from a fiesta st they told us the same thing, that changing some the piping will do nothing, mostly the intercooler piping for the fiestas. I'm definitely looking into the turbo inlet pipe though. Looks like a solid, cheap part.

9. 05-19-2017 07:20 PM #9
      Yeah coming from a fiesta st they told us the same thing, that changing some the piping will do nothing, mostly the intercooler piping for the fiestas. I'm definitely looking into the turbo inlet pipe though. Looks like a solid, cheap part.
      That inlet pipe is actually the one part from them I'm running.....oh and the inlet hose.

10. 05-19-2017 07:27 PM #10
      That inlet pipe is actually the one part from them I'm running.....oh and the inlet hose.

I'm looking at the inlet pipe and the turbo muffler delete. The muffler delete more for the sound combined with the inlet pipe. Heard they're a good combo.

11. 05-19-2017 07:29 PM #11
      I'm looking at the inlet pipe and the turbo muffler delete. The muffler delete more for the sound combined with the inlet pipe. Heard they're a good combo.
      I bought an integrated engineering turbo muffler delete. But the cts inlet pipe wasn't bad. I bought it on a sale

12. 05-19-2017 07:36 PM #12
      I bought an integrated engineering turbo muffler delete. But the cts inlet pipe wasn't bad. I bought it on a sale

Modded euros is having a sale on CTS items so might pick a few up. What made you get the IE one?

13. 05-19-2017 07:43 PM #13
      Modded euros is having a sale on CTS items so might pick a few up. What made you get the IE one?
      I think i.e. makes very good products, they have been in the game for a long time, I'm not a big fan of apr, not saying they are bad I just think overrated. My opinion with cts went South with the dp and broken welds I had and the poor customer service I and many others on the mk6 gli forum had with them so I only buy very minor parts from them like hoses and such. I am going with i.e. intercooler and stuff also. I am also very impressed with BMS. They have amazing customer service. I bought there water/meth kit and jb4 and they have been so much help

14. 05-19-2017 07:50 PM #14
      Don't let my experience detour you from buying anything I know everyone has bad experience with every company and I know there are many many more good than bad with cts. I just don't think there quality control is as good as others or as it could/should be

15. 05-19-2017 07:52 PM #15
      I think i.e. makes very good products, they have been in the game for a long time, I'm not a big fan of apr, not saying they are bad I just think overrated. My opinion with cts went South with the dp and broken welds I had and the poor customer service I and many others on the mk6 gli forum had with them so I only buy very minor parts from them like hoses and such. I am going with i.e. intercooler and stuff also. I am also very impressed with BMS. They have amazing customer service. I bought there water/meth kit and jb4 and they have been so much help

Oh okay. That makes sense. I'll check out some ie stuff then. Thanks.

Vehicles
      2016 Mk7 GTi DSG Autobahn PP LP Pure White
      05-19-2017 07:53 PM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by Lorne117 View Post
      IMHO warning:

I was thinking about purchasing a few parts from them, but was turned off by my chip tuner saying upgrading the piping isn't worth the money because the tune wouldn't change, so I didn't. .
      It's not all about gaining imo, it's about maintaining and improving on all the stock pipes.
      APR ECU/TCU I | APR CF intake | APR CF turbo inlet pipe | APR IC w/boost pipe kit | GFB DV+ | VWR springs | 034 dogbone mount | ECS flush kit | ECS Street Shield | Michelin PSS | CF mirror caps | Euro LED tails w/harness

17. 05-19-2017 07:58 PM #17
      Well I don't like that ie only offers a carbon fiber turbo pipe so I'll be going CTS for that. Might ie for the turbo delete though.

18. 05-19-2017 08:05 PM #18
      Well I don't like that ie only offers a carbon fiber turbo pipe so I'll be going CTS for that. Might ie for the turbo delete though.
      I went cts inlet pipe and cts silicone hose and i.e. muffler delete

19. 05-19-2017 08:06 PM #19
      I went cts inlet pipe and cts silicone hose and i.e. muffler delete

Looks like I'll be going that route. Really not into the whole.carbon fiber thing.

20. 05-19-2017 08:06 PM #20
      In all reality I think a lot of this is all personal preference

Vehicles
      2015 SE w/lighting
      05-19-2017 08:43 PM #21
      I've used a variety of their parts, always find them to be solid and the customer service is great as well.
      Mods - Neuspeed P-Flow, CTS short shifter and bracket bushings, Audi solid shifter bracket, Torque solutions bushings, BFI stage 3 clutch, BFI limited ed. shift knob, GFB DV+, Eurocode Turbo Muffler Delete, CTS dogbone insert, HPA Downpipe, Eurodyne stage 2, ED springs, OBDEleven tweaks, Badgeskin'd up, Deautokey'd up, Klii'd up, Vinyl'd roof and mirror caps

22. 05-20-2017 04:38 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Pyzon View Post
      It's not all about gaining imo, it's about maintaining and improving on all the stock pipes.
      If I needed to replace them after certain amount of K's or if they needed to be replace due to cracks or many heat cycles warping the plastic, I think that would be the only time I'd look into them again because they may be cheaper than factory parts, when all is said and done.

23. 05-21-2017 09:03 PM #23
      anyone have anything to say about the intake? i was thinking of getting one for my first engine mod.

Vehicles
      2015 SE w/lighting
      05-21-2017 09:30 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by riicks_tsi View Post
      anyone have anything to say about the intake? i was thinking of getting one for my first engine mod.
      I've had three intakes, and seen a couple others irl. The CTS is def. my favorite, fit is really good, sound is beefy af, and it looks like a demon snake wang. I'd love to sell this P-Flow and go back to it, tbh.
      Mods - Neuspeed P-Flow, CTS short shifter and bracket bushings, Audi solid shifter bracket, Torque solutions bushings, BFI stage 3 clutch, BFI limited ed. shift knob, GFB DV+, Eurocode Turbo Muffler Delete, CTS dogbone insert, HPA Downpipe, Eurodyne stage 2, ED springs, OBDEleven tweaks, Badgeskin'd up, Deautokey'd up, Klii'd up, Vinyl'd roof and mirror caps

25. 05-21-2017 10:03 PM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by B_Dubasauras_Rex View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by riicks_tsi View Post
      I've had three intakes, and seen a couple others irl. The CTS is def. my favorite, fit is really good, sound is beefy af, and it looks like a demon snake wang. I'd love to sell this P-Flow and go back to it, tbh.
      nice thanks for the input

For advertising information click HERE