KilometerMagazine.com - speaker wire replacement
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Vehicles
      1966 Beetle, 1986 Cabrio, 2016 GTi, 2011 JSW
      05-19-2017 11:00 AM #1
      I need to rewire all the speakers; they're broken at the door jambs. With the head unit out I can access all the ends - is it possible to use them as pull wires to pull from the door jamb back to the head unit?

I'm guessing the speakers in the back seat have wire that run under the carpet?

Vehicles
      90, 92, 93 Cabriolet They own you.
      05-19-2017 03:01 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by vw fiend View Post
      I need to rewire all the speakers; they're broken at the door jambs. With the head unit out I can access all the ends - is it possible to use them as pull wires to pull from the door jamb back to the head unit?

I'm guessing the speakers in the back seat have wire that run under the carpet?
      You could try that I suppose, however they enter the "A" pillar at an angle and that is a real butt kicker sometimes.

It would be easy to do with a fish tape, and make a soldered connection at the Radio head connector (solder/heat shrink) I would work from the door remove the bellows from the door and the "A" pillar then use a Fish tape and push it in to the cabin (Cut wire hanger works good.) from the door into the cabin. You will need enough to feed down the door to the speakers.....

Yes the speakers in the rear usually the passenger side runs under the carpet to the drivers side, then up to the dash...
      If the rears are ok, then I would leave them be and concentrate on the door/"a" pillar.

For advertising information click HERE