KilometerMagazine.com - Dont you wish.....
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 25 of 28
    1. 05-19-2017 06:27 PM #1
      91 degrees in NY today I wish my R came with factory remote start for the A/C like my brothers Accord does. All Black interior is wat to hot in the summer.

    2. Member awd18t's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 1st, 2004
      Location
      Pothole city, Qc
      Posts
      650
      Vehicles
      2016 Golf R
      05-19-2017 06:31 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by rocket jay View Post
      91 degrees in NY today I wish my R came with factory remote start for the A/C like my brothers Accord does. All Black interior is wat to hot in the summer.
      Go get a rice box!
      ______________________________________
      P.S. English is a second/third language for me.
      Be kind!

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 19th, 2011
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      322
      Vehicles
      2016 Deep Black Pearl Golf R w/ DCC/NAV - SOLD 2013 RB Golf .:R 4DR
      05-19-2017 06:35 PM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by rocket jay View Post
      91 degrees in NY today I wish my R came with factory remote start for the A/C like my brothers Accord does. All Black interior is wat to hot in the summer.
      Park in the shade and get good tint. Problem solved.

    4. Member
      Join Date
      Feb 25th, 1999
      Location
      San Angelo, Texas
      Posts
      2,717
      Vehicles
      1999 Passat gone 2008 R32 gone -2016 Golf R
      05-19-2017 06:40 PM #4
      I find my self often wishing for descriptive thread titles.

    5. Member
      Join Date
      May 2nd, 2016
      Location
      East Coast
      Posts
      234
      Vehicles
      LB Mk7R DSGDCC
      05-19-2017 08:17 PM #5
      I use a sun shade/reflector. Helps. Gets really hot and muggy in NC. Amazon has auto start kits?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


      APR Stg1, Forge CAI, BMS TMD, 034 Dogbone, Leyo knobs

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 10th, 2016
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      165
      Vehicles
      '17 R LB (DCC, DAP)
      05-19-2017 08:38 PM #6
      30% ceramic formula one pinnacle tint and airblue 80% on windshield. Problem solved.

    7. Member Vegeta Gti's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 12th, 2003
      Location
      konoha village, hawaii
      Posts
      19,237
      Vehicles
      1984 GLi 20v, '16 M3, '85 Golf, '03 BMP 20th AE
      05-19-2017 09:12 PM #7
      It's over 90 in the California desert, no shade lol. My garage bakes, can't wait to get to the Washington mountains.

      But def, window shade, hi quality tint. Shade if can. Crack a window.



      Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
      :HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS:1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG. MKIforLife
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      What vegeta said.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2002
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      2,751
      Vehicles
      17 2.0t, 16 2.0t R
      05-19-2017 09:47 PM #8
      I wish people that start threads were at least semi-literate.

    9. Geriatric Member PSU's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 15th, 2004
      Location
      Pennsylvania
      Posts
      84,029
      Vehicles
      '08 R32 | '15 GTI
      05-19-2017 09:51 PM #9
      Crack the windows. Tint the windows. Etc.

    10. Member Mahojda80's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 3rd, 2015
      Location
      Portland, OR
      Posts
      310
      Vehicles
      2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R MT w/DCC & NAV. Previously: Silver 2012 Mazdaspeed3
      05-19-2017 10:00 PM #10
      I wish this post never existed...


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

    11. Member
      Join Date
      Jun 4th, 2015
      Location
      BC, Canada
      Posts
      233
      Vehicles
      2016 VW Golf R
      05-19-2017 10:00 PM #11
      I'm happy to see most people agree that remote starts are a joke. They should be illegal in modern vehicles. People are so damn soft and weak nowadays.

    12. 05-19-2017 10:47 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by ScozR View Post
      I'm happy to see most people agree that remote starts are a joke. They should be illegal in modern vehicles. People are so damn soft and weak nowadays.
      Why illegal?

      Just wondering

    13. Member S1ack's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 18th, 2005
      Location
      NC
      Posts
      453
      05-20-2017 08:45 AM #13
      1) Covercraft sunscreen
      https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...m-sunscreen.UV

      2) VW OEM Rain Guards / Vent Visors / Wind deflectors....
      https://shopdap.com/store/5g4-072-193-hu3.html

      3) Crack windows without fear of rain

      4) Optional....tints.
      Turd: '91 Mazda B2600i Red
      Tobias: '99 A4 2.8 Santorin Blue
      Rolf: '16 Golf R Oryx DAP, 6MT, DGSS, RSR Clutch, Uni Stg 2, Uni DP, IE Intake
      Quote Originally Posted by Owner's Manual Golf GTI, Golf R, Model Year 2016
      If you are going at a speed that causes you to run off the road before ESC can provide any assistance, you may not experience the benefits of ESC

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Jul 12th, 2002
      Location
      Texas
      Posts
      2,751
      Vehicles
      17 2.0t, 16 2.0t R
      05-20-2017 09:20 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by S1ack View Post
      2) VW OEM Rain Guards / Vent Visors / Wind deflectors....
      https://shopdap.com/store/5g4-072-193-hu3.html

      3) Crack windows without fear of rain

      Or just enable the "windows close" feature via rain sensor with VCDS/OBD11.

    15. Member bad_news's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 25th, 2006
      Location
      Northwest Arkansas
      Posts
      2,280
      Vehicles
      03 Jetta WE 6spd APR S3+, '14 JSW DSG, '00 S2000
      05-20-2017 10:13 AM #15
      I just wish people wouldn't start threads with click-bait titles. They make me want to kill. Just name it something about remote start and don't waste everyone's time.

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 4th, 2014
      Location
      Seattle
      Posts
      2,135
      Vehicles
      2016 LSG Golf R DSG, DCC, DAP
      05-20-2017 11:43 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by TaxMan5 View Post
      Or just enable the "windows close" feature via rain sensor with VCDS/OBD11.
      That feature doesn't work, or at least I've not read of any USA R with it working.

    17. Junior Member
      Join Date
      Mar 14th, 2016
      Location
      Upstate NY
      Posts
      42
      Vehicles
      2016 LB MK7 R, 2013 Golf 2dr
      05-22-2017 04:55 AM #17
      You can no longer get a nys inspection with less than a 70% tint, so dont waste your money going dark because theyll tear it off at inspection. Unless you want to buy 4 new windows and swap them every year before inspection.

    18. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 16th, 2010
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      423
      Vehicles
      '17 Golf R
      05-22-2017 07:24 AM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by cursivearmy67 View Post
      You can no longer get a nys inspection with less than a 70% tint, so dont waste your money going dark because theyll tear it off at inspection. Unless you want to buy 4 new windows and swap them every year before inspection.
      I have 50% tint and no one bats an eye :-)


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      __________________________________________________

      APR: Stage 2 ECU+TCU, CAI, DP, IC, Milltek exhaust (valved), ED Springs, Neuspeed 6-piston BBK w/TTRS Rotors

    19. Member mxrider9239's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2012
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      1,479
      Vehicles
      2016 LSG Golf R 6 Speed
      05-22-2017 07:50 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by cursivearmy67 View Post
      You can no longer get a nys inspection with less than a 70% tint, so dont waste your money going dark because theyll tear it off at inspection. Unless you want to buy 4 new windows and swap them every year before inspection.
      The new inspection law is a complete joke. A lot of people won't inspect just out of pure fear of getting in trouble. Others know that there's no way to prove a car came in with tint unless the cop was there and took a video before and after inspection. Lol stupid cuomo inspections are to make sure a car is driveable without falling apart, not to prevent us from modifying our car to help in other ways.

    20. 05-22-2017 09:07 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by rocket jay View Post
      91 degrees in NY today I wish my R came with factory remote start for the A/C like my brothers Accord does. All Black interior is wat to hot in the summer.
      91 degrees?? That's cute.... you wouldn't make it here in Georgia then....


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    21. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 16th, 2010
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      423
      Vehicles
      '17 Golf R
      05-22-2017 10:07 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by mxrider9239 View Post
      The new inspection law is a complete joke. A lot of people won't inspect just out of pure fear of getting in trouble. Others know that there's no way to prove a car came in with tint unless the cop was there and took a video before and after inspection. Lol stupid cuomo inspections are to make sure a car is driveable without falling apart, not to prevent us from modifying our car to help in other ways.
      If I might also add, Cuomo's douchebaggery is further exemplified by his childish quarrel with NYC mayor DeBlasio, and the fact that Cuomo recently deployed 150 state troopers to NYC with the sole purpose of issuing tickets to motorists. If I recall correctly, the amount of tickets issued to NYC motorists this year alone is up 2700%.

      The tint law is a joke. "Because it puts police officers at risk during traffic stops". Yet another example of how 0.1% of rare instances affects the remaining 99.9% of us.

      I had our MDX inspected two months ago. Local shop couldn't care less. Passed with flying colors despite having limo tint.
      __________________________________________________

      APR: Stage 2 ECU+TCU, CAI, DP, IC, Milltek exhaust (valved), ED Springs, Neuspeed 6-piston BBK w/TTRS Rotors

    22. Member mxrider9239's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 26th, 2012
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      1,479
      Vehicles
      2016 LSG Golf R 6 Speed
      05-22-2017 11:04 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by gordonf238 View Post
      If I might also add, Cuomo's douchebaggery is further exemplified by his childish quarrel with NYC mayor DeBlasio, and the fact that Cuomo recently deployed 150 state troopers to NYC with the sole purpose of issuing tickets to motorists. If I recall correctly, the amount of tickets issued to NYC motorists this year alone is up 2700%.

      The tint law is a joke. "Because it puts police officers at risk during traffic stops". Yet another example of how 0.1% of rare instances affects the remaining 99.9% of us.

      I had our MDX inspected two months ago. Local shop couldn't care less. Passed with flying colors despite having limo tint.
      Forgot about the the whole quarrel with deblasio, it's ridiculous

    23. Member KevinC's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Chandler, AZ
      Posts
      9,737
      Vehicles
      '16 Golf R, '05 E46 330Ci ZHP
      05-22-2017 01:22 PM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by gordonf238 View Post
      The tint law is a joke. "Because it puts police officers at risk during traffic stops". Yet another example of how 0.1% of rare instances affects the remaining 99.9% of us.
      Really. Ask a police officer how he/she feels about your "joke".

      What a moronic comment.

      '05 E46 330Ci ZHP coupé ..PD99819
      '16 Golf R 6MT/DCC/DAP

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 16th, 2010
      Location
      NYC
      Posts
      423
      Vehicles
      '17 Golf R
      05-22-2017 01:36 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
      Really. Ask a police officer how he/she feels about your "joke".

      What a moronic comment.
      Do you know how many times I've been stopped by a police officer in the last 9 years? Once. That's correct. Once. Do you really believe that every motorist, for all eternity, everywhere, should be barred from keeping their car interior private and cool, because some gangster in south central poses a threat? I just don't follow your logic. Just my two cents. Not looking for a debate.
      __________________________________________________

      APR: Stage 2 ECU+TCU, CAI, DP, IC, Milltek exhaust (valved), ED Springs, Neuspeed 6-piston BBK w/TTRS Rotors

    25. Member numlock44's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 1st, 2012
      Location
      Chicago, IL
      Posts
      1,178
      Vehicles
      Old: 2012 MK6 GTI New: 2016 MK7 Golf R
      05-22-2017 03:14 PM #25
      My buddy's C7 Vette comes with remote start, so jelly every time he uses it ...
      current ride: 2016 MK7 GOLF R APR Stage 1
      past ride: 2012 MK6 GTI APR Stage 2+
      one WOT a day keeps the carbon away

    For advertising information click HERE

    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •